It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: CRD ECU maps & tuning
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:18 pm 
LOST Junkie

try to load a stock tune and if the code came again you have a bad MAF , if not there are something wrong in the map , but i have made the same tune for toy_vw , and no DTCs come

but the maf value don't change when you moove ?

your is a 808 ?

https://www.facebook.com/YetiChiptuning

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:41 pm 
LOST Junkie

Squeeto wrote:
Yeti wrote:
let me know the address on the map please :wink:

What do you need Yeti? Do you want mass-hole's egr maps or the driver's wish map that I used as an example?

What I need is the N-m to IQ conversion map.

let me know what you find at this address

first map 0E7A96

second map 0E7E1A

in 808 file

the first seem to be fuel quantity on maf reading and second , what we call " smoke limiter"

increase the two map at the same value example the first at 8% and the second at 8% and increase the limiter ............eXample ....1500 point of gain at the maximum value ? .........increase the limiter of 1500 point

the limiter is at this address

0E775A

always in 808

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:04 pm 
LOST Addict

Yeti wrote:
try to load a stock tune and if the code came again you have a bad MAF , if not there are something wrong in the map , but i have made the same tune for toy_vw , and no DTCs come

your is a 808 ?

I don't think it is your tune, but I will try this and see. and yes it is the 808 Stock with EGR delete.

According to Torque there is no change in the MAF value when i move. It stays at 18.9 cubic feet/minute constantly. Thats why i am thinking a faulty maf. Like i said, I have had my EGR blocked for months now so I always had a check engine light on. I ignored it assuming it was the P0402 code from the EGR. It could have gone bad long before i flashed your tune.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:08 pm 
LOST Junkie

Yeti wrote:
let me know what you find

I just got the mpps flasher in the mail and read my ecu. My 808 map is exactly the same as Nick's 808 file.

Can you send me your stock 808 map? Or I can send you mine. I assume that they will be exactly the same too.

I don't have time to test tunes this weekend because the Jeep is needed for the family.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:11 pm 
LOST Junkie

mass-hole wrote:
I have had my EGR blocked for months now so I always had a check engine light on.

Actually a good idea for everyone to clear codes before testing a new tune.
I should add this to my DIY.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:36 pm 
LOST Junkie

mass-hole wrote:
Yeti wrote:

your is a 808 ?

I don't think it is your tune, but I will try this and see. and yes it is the 808 Stock with EGR delete.

According to Torque there is no change in the MAF value when i move. It stays at 18.9 cubic feet/minute constantly. Thats why i am thinking a faulty maf. Like i said, I have had my EGR blocked for months now so I always had a check engine light on. I ignored it assuming it was the P0402 code from the EGR. It could have gone bad long before i flashed your tune.

I think, if the value do not change the maf is gone , but I will suggest you to load a ORI file for to be sure

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:40 pm 
LOST Junkie

Squeeto wrote:
Yeti wrote:
let me know what you find

I just got the mpps flasher in the mail and read my ecu. My 808 map is exactly the same as Nick's 808 file.

Can you send me your stock 808 map? Or I can send you mine. I assume that they will be exactly the same too.

I don't have time to test tunes this weekend because the Jeep is needed for the family.

yes is the same , it is possible to find small differences due to the hardaware used for reading, but the addresses of the maps are the same

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:21 pm 
LOST Addict

Yeti wrote:
mass-hole wrote:
Yeti wrote:

your is a 808 ?

I think, if the value do not change the maf is gone , but I will suggest you to load a ORI file for to be sure

Loaded the stock tune and verified that i am still getting a P0100 and P0102. Now I do not get an EGR code on the stock tune because the MAF is dead :BANANA:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:22 am 
LOST Junkie

I'm sorry for your MAF

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:10 am 
LOST Newbie

Well done guys! I've been keeping an eye on your progress... amazing! Don't worry about anyone talking about it being a waste of time- the satisfaction you get out of spending a few dollars and accomplishing virtually identical results as someone who charges nearly $1000 is enough to persevere. I tried some time ago to diy, but couldn't get anywhere, so forked out big money for a GDE tune. Now, you've given me the impetus to give it another go 8)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:21 am 
LOST Junkie

:BINGO: :pepper:

thanks for your support

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:12 pm 
LOST Addict

Has anyone created a tune that tells the ECU to ignore the EGR valve, FCV, and MAF sensor?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:59 pm 
LOST Junkie

flash7210 wrote:
... MAF sensor?

Not yet.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:19 pm 
LOST Junkie

flash7210 wrote:
Has anyone created a tune that tells the ECU to ignore the EGR valve, FCV, and MAF sensor?

why delete dtc for MAF , if you delte FCV and EGR ? ,(BTW) ask to toy_vw that know a people can do it ........after payment

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:32 pm 
LOST Junkie

Yeti wrote:
flash7210 wrote:

why delete dtc for MAF , if you delte FCV and EGR ? ,(BTW) ask to toy_vw that know a people can do it ........after payment

It is thought that the MAF is only used for EGR so it would be another component that can be removed from the Jeep.

Maybe the MAF is needed for the smoke map though.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:38 pm 

If you want to do away with OEM air box and install an after market huge round air filter like a K&N or Spectre, it requires doing away with the MAF and Mercedes air intake temperature sensor. :roll:
I have been looking into ways to do this as I want to add a huge BIG air filter like I did on my Dodge Cummins. It really makes a difference! :!:
I suppose you can leave the temperature sensor dangling, not sure just what its purpose is. If anyone knows, please state!

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:13 am 
LOST Junkie

the Mercedes sensor it's the barometric sensor , work with the MAP for regulate the turbo pressure , for what i know , and the MAF , always for what i Know regulate the smoke map and the quantity of gasoline iniected in function of how many air are swallowed

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:24 pm 
LOST Addict

Yeti wrote:
the Mercedes sensor it's the barometric sensor , work with the MAP for regulate the turbo pressure , for what i know , and the MAF , always for what i Know regulate the smoke map and the quantity of gasoline iniected in function of how many air are swallowed

This sounds right. The boost limit tables are based on ambient air pressure in order to protect the turbo from spinning too fast. As the ambient pressure drops, so does the requested boost.

Smoke maps, at least from what I have read specific to EDC16's, is based on the MAP sensor, not the MAF sensor. At this point i think it is just a matter of deleting the DTC from the code and it should be ok.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:20 pm 
LOST Junkie

mass-hole wrote:
Yeti wrote:

This sounds right. The boost limit tables are based on ambient air pressure in order to protect the turbo from spinning too fast. As the ambient pressure drops, so does the requested boost.

Smoke maps, at least from what I have read specific to EDC16's, is based on the MAP sensor, not the MAF sensor. At this point i think it is just a matter of deleting the DTC from the code and it should be ok.

From what I have been reading, I think you are right about this.
We need to find the smoke map and look at the axis data to be sure. The DTC code could be very close to this too.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:42 pm 
LOST Junkie

i have posted tho addres for a 808 map , one it's for IQ and one for smoke map , take a look , and let me know what you can see with winols

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next