It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Flashing the ECM on my CRD
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:12 am 
LOST Newbie

Regarding my 05 CRD, I was wondering about flashing the ECM. If the ECM is flashed due to a problem does it contain every update possible, up to that point in time, or does the tech have to look for the updates and might miss one for something not related to the current problem when a flash is done.

If the ECM is flashed with an update, can something corrupt the data causing it to need to be flashed again.

Post subject: Re: Flashing the ECM on my CRD
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:01 am 
LOST Junkie

Tulmaster wrote:
Regarding my 05 CRD, I was wondering about flashing the ECM. If the ECM is flashed due to a problem does it contain every update possible, up to that point in time, or does the tech have to look for the updates and might miss one for something not related to the current problem when a flash is done.

If the ECM is flashed with an update, can something corrupt the data causing it to need to be flashed again.

Why not get Keith at GDE flash it with a performance tune or economy tune?

Lots of good reports on his work...I am just a bit far away from him though to get my ECU flashed. :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:28 am 
LOST Addict

You can get his tuner tool and flash it yourself. Nothing needs to be sent to the US.

DOC

2005 KJ CRD Ltd Detroit TrueTrac Bilsteins G2 GDE "HOT" ECU GDE TCM "Tow Tune" "euro" TC SEGR Weeks Elbow New HG at 130K ARPs Clean CAT aFe Filter Magnaflow Exhaust EHM Cumminos In-Tank Lift Pump Hayden Fan Clutch Nylon Fan VH Enabled with GDE lower shutoff point Recalibrated Temp Gauge Tekonsha Prodigy Sears P-1 ZDDP

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:52 pm 
LOST Newbie

Actually I am reasonably familiar with GDE and the available tunes. In fact I am ordering the equipment this week and a tune in the next couple of months. However I am trying to determine what the procedure is at the dealer so I will rephrase.

When a vehicle is taken to a dealership and the ECM is flashed, are All possible updates at that time incorporated into the one single flash? Or is it possible for the tech to overlook a particular item that might be needed per a missed TSB? My thanks to all for their time.

05 lib. crd

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:41 am 
LOST Member

Tulmaster did you end up getting an answer to your question?

2005 Jeep Liberty CRD Limited: GDE Eco Tune, Weeks Kit 1&2, Provent 200, P3 E-Brake Controller, Custom Rock Rails, Suspension & Arms (OME, ARB, Raybestos, Bilsteins, etc.), 11-Bladed Fan, HD-Fan-Clutch, HDS M-001 Thermo, Fan-shroud-mod, Sasquatch Turbo, Tires: BFG AT TA KO2 LT245/70R16 - load D, Carter In-Tank Lift Pump.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:09 am 
LOST Member

The current flash includes all previouse flashes. Occasionaly there is a choise of 2 flashes depending on the vehicles equipment. I havent seen the diesel flash but I would think that they need one for 5v gp and one for7v gp.

CRD Motor/Timing Pics
http://www.flickr.com/photos/68442076@N02/sets/72157629389449367/