It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: 545RFE, harsh 2 to 3 upshift fix?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:03 am 
LOST Addict

ebbnflow wrote:
Mountainman wrote:
I'll report back if it does. I'll swap in a known good solenoid pack, and valve body with the transgo kit if it does. That should handle it as it doesn't have enough miles to be worn, and the pump is newer. I think of you've swapped all of that and it doesn't work then it has to do with the ecu, but I know my ecu worked properly with the old transmission I replaced. But maybe it's the combination of control units and I gave away my original tcu :banghead:

A new Solenoid Pack did not fix my 2-3 hard shift. A quick learn made it shift great for a few days to a week, then it would come back. A replacement transmission and torque converter is what fixed it for me. In hind sight, I think mine had burnt up clutches causing the CV values to creep up and cause the hard shift. The quick learn would reset those values, it would shift OK for a while and the cycle repeats.

Thanks for the insight! It seems that there are at least five distinct things that cause this one problem, crazy..

Solenoid pack
TCM
Clutches
Pump
Valve body valves
Oh, and connections, wires
Split filter?

05 CRD: H.D.S2 stat,WW Ironrock trilink&LCA's, OX rear,ARB front, 4.10's, ARB bumper, Suncoast,OME 3.5, JBA UCA,rock rails, Moabs&265/75 Duratracs, GDE tunes ,FFD fan,ARP's, 2 micron fuel, new valves,sasquatch battery tray & grid heater, tensioner relocated
Mech fan, VH & AC delete

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:23 pm 
LOST Addict

ebbnflow wrote:
Mountainman wrote:
Adding this to both threads that helped me: Just noting that here's another terribly hard 2-3 shift that was fixed by swapping TCM. Now I'll put the GDE tuned TCM back in and try a quick learn, I sure miss GDE'S shift points, but don't miss the whiplash, it was ridiculous!

Give it a week or two. It will come back.

:BINGO: you were right. It came back for two days, then started to slip like crazy for one day, and then I limped it two hours home, smelled of burnt clutch.... At least I have an almost new transmission and a suncoast to rob out of one of my other crd's :/
You guys think it damaged the new hemi TC? It didn't Slip any worse when the TC was locked, consistent terrible slip through all gears

05 CRD: H.D.S2 stat,WW Ironrock trilink&LCA's, OX rear,ARB front, 4.10's, ARB bumper, Suncoast,OME 3.5, JBA UCA,rock rails, Moabs&265/75 Duratracs, GDE tunes ,FFD fan,ARP's, 2 micron fuel, new valves,sasquatch battery tray & grid heater, tensioner relocated
Mech fan, VH & AC delete

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:16 am 

Mountainman wrote:
ebbnflow wrote:
Mountainman wrote:
Adding this to both threads that helped me: Just noting that here's another terribly hard 2-3 shift that was fixed by swapping TCM. Now I'll put the GDE tuned TCM back in and try a quick learn, I sure miss GDE'S shift points, but don't miss the whiplash, it was ridiculous!

Give it a week or two. It will come back.

:BINGO: you were right. It came back for two days, then started to slip like crazy for one day, and then I limped it two hours home, smelled of burnt clutch.... At least I have an almost new transmission and a suncoast to rob out of one of my other crd's :/
You guys think it damaged the new hemi TC? It didn't Slip any worse when the TC was locked, consistent terrible slip through all gears

You need to get the TC flushed to get ALL the burnt ATF fluid out of it before you reuse it. The TC holds about 70% of the ATF in a transmission.
If you get it flushed out real good and have it filled with new AFT+4, it should be OK if as you stated you were not experiencing any slipping, chattering, or shuddering in lockup..
Any good transmission shop should be able to perform a TC flush for you... :wink:

:SOMBRERO:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:21 pm 
LOST Addict

Thanks W. The fairly fresh fluid still looks pretty good, but I'll definitely get it flushed. I wonder if the newer updated front pump is worth reusing?

Mech fan, VH & AC delete

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7