It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 06 CRD Will not crank (again)!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:07 am 
LOST Newbie

Unfortunately need to resurrect thread. Issue with CRD has returned :evil: . The only way I can now run jeep is with ASD relay by-passed.
Vehicle has been trouble free since last post above, but approx 3 weeks ago intermittent starting(no crank) returned. I have re-checked all relevant wiring for shorts, correct resistance, voltage etc. via Jeep WI to no avail. Evidence again pointed towards ECM which I duly sent back to be retested under warranty. ECM has been tested with no fault found? I am now thinking that it maybe a SKIS issue as the immobiliser light on dash illuminates, flashes once and then stays on permanently, with no MIL light illuminated at all. The MIL light should illuminate when key is turned to on position, but is not?
I have also found a few worrying wiring routing/protection issues during my investigations(pics taken), which I think are from factory and also numerous mistakes in the workshop instruction schedules manual, especially the wiring diagrams.
I have spent way too many hours trying to rectify issue and now believe it has to go to Jeep dealer for correct DRB111 diagnostics. My VCDS(VAG-COM) tool will only read ODB11 functions, and it will not even do that if the ASD relay is not jumped (30-87). Any help whatsoever is greatly appreciated.

Simank
2006 Cherokee 2.8 CRD Manual

This original full thread is actually in General discussions area of KJ/KJ etc. but I should have put it here originally.
Cheer for any further info.

Post subject: Re: 06 CRD Will not crank (again)!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:50 am 
LOST Junkie

simank wrote:
Unfortunately need to resurrect thread. Issue with CRD has returned :evil: . The only way I can now run jeep is with ASD relay by-passed.
Vehicle has been trouble free since last post above, but approx 3 weeks ago intermittent starting(no crank) returned. I have re-checked all relevant wiring for shorts, correct resistance, voltage etc. via Jeep WI to no avail. Evidence again pointed towards ECM which I duly sent back to be retested under warranty. ECM has been tested with no fault found? I am now thinking that it maybe a SKIS issue as the immobiliser light on dash illuminates, flashes once and then stays on permanently, with no MIL light illuminated at all. The MIL light should illuminate when key is turned to on position, but is not?
I have also found a few worrying wiring routing/protection issues during my investigations(pics taken), which I think are from factory and also numerous mistakes in the workshop instruction schedules manual, especially the wiring diagrams.
I have spent way too many hours trying to rectify issue and now believe it has to go to Jeep dealer for correct DRB111 diagnostics. My VCDS(VAG-COM) tool will only read ODB11 functions, and it will not even do that if the ASD relay is not jumped (30-87). Any help whatsoever is greatly appreciated.

Simank
2006 Cherokee 2.8 CRD Manual

This original full thread is actually in General discussions area of KJ/KJ etc. but I should have put it here originally.
Cheer for any further info.

I replied to this in the general section...have a look there! :wink: