It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: FS: 2005 KJ CRD Limited - Great Condition, Everything Done
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:22 am 
LOST Member

It has been a great time, and with the new Jeep diesels now here I need to make space, so with a heavy heart I offer this 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD for sale. This is the "Limited" model which has leather interior, sunroof, heated seats, 6-disc CD changer. The 2005 model has the true, full low-range transfer case with 2wd, two modes of 4WD and the 4WD low range mode.

I have done everything to this car to take care of all the little "quirks" that the CRD came with from the factory. Right now there is nothing to be done or fixed.

Asking: $11,000 OBRO

The Good:
Under 65k Miles (driving it once a week currently, garaged otherwise)
Timing Belt Done by Geordi @ 60,000 miles
Euro Torque Converter (no slipping!)
GDE ECO-Full Torque Tune (great MPG!)
GDE Trans Tune
5V Glow Plug Conversion w/ new Bosch Plugs
SAMCO Boost Hoses (Black, nothing flashy)
OE Mopar In-Tank Lift Pump
Hayden HD Fan Clutch
Like-New Michelin Tires
Never Offroaded
Body in Very Good Condition - No Rust
Interior Largely In Like-New Condition
Oil Changes every 7,500 miles with Mobil TDT
Always used diesel fuel additive for lubricity and cetane improvements. Injectors and pump should be in perfect condition.

The Bad:
Crack in leather in drivers seat
Small Dent in Passenger door from tree branch
Could use a Glow Plug reflash from GDE
Thermostat is weak - engine doesn't reach full temp in the winter

Summary:
This Jeep has really been a better truck than I could have imagined. I have set this truck up as a on-road, highway cruiser. I know Michelin tires aren't the most popular around here, but I chose them because of their low-rolling resistance. High efficiency tires combined with the ECO-FT tune, this Jeep can easily top 35mpg on the highway. As mentioned above it has never been off road and has seen limited road salt.

LostJeep's own Geordi did the timing belt a few thousand miles ago using the IDParts timing belt kit, complete with all rollers and brass water pump. Hayden HD fan clutch was installed at the same time. Truck has the "Euro" version torque converter and with the ECO-FT tune does not shutter, not even a little bit. I installed an OE Mopar in-tank lift pump to assist with starting & keeping the fuel filter primed. Boost hoses were replaced with the SAMCO version just over a year ago. Overall I have taken care of all the little "ticky-tack" issues that these CRDs have.

Truck is located in MA, just South of Boston.

Thanks everyone!

Cracked Drivers Seat

Dent in Passenger Door

Last edited by cevans on Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:52 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Post subject: Re: FS: 2005 KJ CRD Limited - Great Condition, Everything Do
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:31 pm 
LOST Newbie

This is a great looking vehicle.

I'm interested but the timing is not good for me at the moment. But if this thing is around in 30 days, I'm looking to get it shipped to Texas.

Question, how is the underside looking from road salt exposure?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:56 pm 
LOST Addict

Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell... But it is really hot here on Earth...
I didn't see anything under it that made me nervous about Corey's mom driving it. The solution to anything is keeping track of it, and a weekly underwash will do wonders if you live in road-salt-land.

Email jeep [at] maincomputer [dot] com - BOARD MESSAGING IS BROKEN
Over 125 CRDs currently driving with my timing belt, rockers, or ARP Studs.
Bad noises = REALLY bad things.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:36 pm 
LOST Member

DFWBIOFUELS2 wrote:

I'm interested but the timing is not good for me at the moment. But if this thing is around in 30 days, I'm looking to get it shipped to Texas.

It is very clean. I will put the thing on the lift, take underside photos and post them tomorrow. As Jim said, this was my mom's car, and when it snowed she did NOT go out.

Not that anyone cares, but my mom got this Jeep because it was the only vehicle she could get in and out of without pain. She had arthritis in her hip. Thankfully, just 6 months ago she got the hip replaced and now she can get in an out of anything no problem. First thing she wanted to do was get a manual-transmission diesel, so she got a Sportwagen TDI.

I would love to see this thing go to Texas, long expanses of highways, no road salt, this thing would love that.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:17 pm 
LOST Member

Seems like a very nice deal on a properly maintained, low mileage CRD. I paid more for mine and it had about half of what you have done to it when I purchased.

More importantly, I hope we'll still see you around the forum! Good luck.

Tow Package | Engine/Tranny/TC Skids | Fumoto F102S | Roof Rack | USA Spec PA-11CHR | EVIC | auto dimming mirror | Yoko Geolander A/T-S LT225/75R16

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:34 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

DFWBIOFUELS2 wrote:

I would put a deposit on that beauty if I really wanted it.

Both of mine at 110+ K and 60+ K look just great all around, these vehicles hold up very well to the salt they use on the roads.

And I agree with using the highway style tires, I have Michelins on one, and I am still using the el cheapo, nice rolling wranglers on the work horse. I may just use all wranglers on both in the future for the taller size.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:32 am 
LOST Addict

Yea, as Geordi said, some undercarriage wash does wonders with salt. I have a hot water hose in the garage and always wash the undercarriage in the winter, side of some rusty frame bolts, jeep looks like new underneath. The chassis is of better quality than the Cherokee.

2005 kj CRD, samco, suncoast tc, provent, Kennedy lift pump, GDE ECO full torque, 2nd gen filter head, 245/70/16 a/t tires, mopar light bar, fumoto oil valve, OEM Skid Plates, ARB Front bumper and HD OME, tru cool LPD47391 40k GVW tranny cooler (stock cooler delete), FF Dynamics e-fan and shroud, rocker arms replaced, HDS2 190F thermostat.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:36 pm 
LOST Member

Underside shots.

Last edited by cevans on Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:51 pm 
LOST Addict

It looks very good, even for a southern car, just a tiny bit of rusty surface dots here and there, it would come out in one hour tops and then 2 hands of bedliner and 2 of undercoating and for the next 10 years would be guaranteed. I would get it in a heartbeat, but wife already threaten with divorce if I get the 4th car... Lol. And she ain't joking... So good luck with the sale, I hope she'll find a good new owner.

2005 kj CRD, samco, suncoast tc, provent, Kennedy lift pump, GDE ECO full torque, 2nd gen filter head, 245/70/16 a/t tires, mopar light bar, fumoto oil valve, OEM Skid Plates, ARB Front bumper and HD OME, tru cool LPD47391 40k GVW tranny cooler (stock cooler delete), FF Dynamics e-fan and shroud, rocker arms replaced, HDS2 190F thermostat.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:14 pm 
LOST Member

Just adjusted the actual mileage...it was lower than I had originally posted. Not sure why/how/what caused me to get that wrong.

Took it out for a short drive today to check it out in the 90 degree heat: A/C is still 100% ice cold.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:25 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Here is what my EVIC was showing after 250 highway miles with Michelin Latitude tires. Same trip both directions with lots of side winds.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:53 pm 
LOST Newbie

cevans wrote:
Just adjusted the actual mileage...it was lower than I had originally posted. Not sure why/how/what caused me to get that wrong.

Took it out for a short drive today to check it out in the 90 degree heat: A/C is still 100% ice cold.

Check your PM. Let's talk.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:31 am 
LOST Member

flman wrote:
Here is what my EVIC was showing after 250 highway miles with Michelin Latitude tires. Same trip both directions with lots of side winds.

Exactly! Smooth as silk, great MPG, quiet etc.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:26 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

cevans wrote:
Exactly! Smooth as silk, great MPG, quiet etc.

Actually, it makes for a way better ride, I was considering getting a passenger car for trips since my Libby road like a buck board in my opinion, but the ride with the Michelins is so much smoother then the Bridgstone, noisy Revos ever were.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:45 pm 
LOST Member

Bump, this Jeep is still available!

Lots of interest, but those interested went quiet.

Asking price was $11,000, but I'm accepting offers too. LMK, would love to see this go to someone by the end of the month!

Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:44 pm 
LOST Newbie

Do you still have this jeep for sale? Where is it located?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:27 am 
LOST Member

PMing superJin, but for everyone else, it is currently available, though I'm in talks with a few people. No one yet has been located in the East so logistics have gotten in the way of this beauty finding a new home!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:25 pm 
LOST Member

Still available!!

I keep seeing CRDs on Facebook sell for more money than this with 2x miles and no of the work done. Is it geography?

(Recall) Tow Hitch Installed along with the factory towing wiring harness.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:42 pm 
LOST Junkie

If I could sell mine for the same money I would buy yours. Does anybody want to buy our 2006 Jeep Liberty in Illinois?

Do you have the Weeks elbow?

The only other thing I have that you do not is the FS2500 bypass filter and front hitch.

2006 Jeep Liberty CRD 142,000 miles New engine 2-2014, Green Eco tune, FS2500 bypass filter Weeks elbow, European Torque converter, brakes front UCA's wheel bearing and front hubs. Front hitch OEM lift pump
98 K2500 Suburban 6.5td
96 K1500 " 6.5td
95 2 door Tahoe 6.5td
94 K3500 cc srw 5 speed 6.5td
91 International Model 6 speed spicer 4700

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:47 pm 
LOST Member

Quick bump!

Still for sale. Over the past months I have done:

New OE Thermostat
Transmission Filter & Fluid Service
New Front door speakers (old ones were staring to crackle at higher volumes)