It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Overhead console upgrade '05 CRD
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:32 pm 
LOST Member

I'm wanting to change out the overhead console with one that has C/T, RESET, STEP & MENU functions. I found on on eBay for $46 but need to know about the wiring, etc. Is it a pretty straight forward plug 'n play?

Thanks in advance.

'05 CRD, GDE tune(s), JBA stuff, OME, Weeks Stage I & II, "Provent"(custom) +++

Post subject: Re: Overhead console upgrade '05 CRD
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:00 pm 
LOST Junkie

http://theblakbox.com/lost/evic/

Supporting Vendor

Jeep Liberty 2.8L CRD
Chevy Colorado/GMC Canyon 2.8L Duramax

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:54 pm 
LOST Member

If you don't have the wire connector, you can use an old-school CD/DVD drive audio cable. The plastic terminal at the end fits just fine on the EVIC.

Did you hear about the guy who was hooked on brake fluid?
He swears he can stop any time.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:22 pm 
LOST Member

Thanks for the link weeks101.

I bought an overhead console that had the HomeLink feature that came off an '03 Libby. However, after connecting the wires, I do not have the ambient temperature on my display. All the other functions show except that one. For some reason my Jeep already had the sensor installed but I did installed a new one just to be safe. Note: both would not activate the ambient air temp. It only shows: ---°F on the display.

Also another goofy thing is I plugged in the "map light" connector (from my Jeep) and it comes on ONLY when I start the Jeep and not when I open the door. It stays on continuously while driving. Then it won't turn off until the Jeep is turned off and then it "times out" like if I had left the door open. It also won't turn on/off with the console switches.

Also.... ONE of the wire color codes didn't match the diagram for the data connector. There was NO corresponding PINK wire on data connector at the #16 terminal. #16 terminal had a WHITE w/violet stripe. I connected the PINK from the console to that terminal.

Any electrical guru's out there?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:21 pm 
LOST Member

Ambient temp will only work if you get one of two EVIC models that were specific for 2005-2006. Part numbers 56010520AD OR 56010527AD (AA, AE, AD?). I can't confirm that any others will work with ambient temp. By far the hardest part is to find either of those parts.

As far as your lighting issue, I believe you need to swap a couple of wires (some CRDs came from the factory wired differently than indicated in the diagrams). I think this solves your problem if it is the same issue: http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f202/how-in ... post307106

Good luck. I had no issues with my installation, but apparently at the very end I had pinched a wire when screwing visor back in (careful of this) and it shorted out the circuit. Once that was figured out, it has worked well since.

Tow Package | Engine/Tranny/TC Skids | Fumoto F102S | Roof Rack | USA Spec PA-11CHR | EVIC | auto dimming mirror | Yoko Geolander A/T-S LT225/75R16

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:22 pm 
LOST Member

Thanks so much for your reply, SFHLibertyCRD.

So it appears that the OH console I bought won't give me the ambient temperature no matter how I wire it. :cry: Not a huge $ loss, as it only cost me $22.

Back to eBay and look for P/N 56010520AD or P/N 56010527 AD (AA, AE,AD?) Not sure about what the last 2 letters indicate or if they are even relevant for my application.

Thanks again! Saved me soooo much time in trial / error dept.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:50 pm 
LOST Member

The last two letters are just revision numbers and don't matter. Just look for the number portion. BTW, the difference between the to numbers is that one is supposed to be a "premium" model that shows individual tire pressure, but no one on this forum has been able to make that work with an aftermarket install. So for all purposes, just get the one you can find.

As far as finding one, what I did was find scrapyard sellers on eBay that seemed to have 05-06 LTD Liberty models that they were parting out. I then contacted them individually to ask if they had the part and to confirm the specific part number. They almost never come up as auctions. There are also the online services that connect you with scrapyards where you can put a request in, but I haven't tried that. http://www.lkqonline.com/

If you read through the thread I posted above, it is by far the most comprehensive on the topic. There are lots of others around if you google where bits and pieces of information can be found about installation.

Good luck. :JEEPIN:

Tow Package | Engine/Tranny/TC Skids | Fumoto F102S | Roof Rack | USA Spec PA-11CHR | EVIC | auto dimming mirror | Yoko Geolander A/T-S LT225/75R16

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:55 pm 
LOST Member

Go to a pick n pull. You will find them all day long in Grand Cherokees. Only problem is I have yet to find one from an 05, which is needed for all functions to work. I usually pay about $6 each for them. I have 5 that I will eventually post up to sell.

96 Ford F350 4x4