It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sticky idea...what do you think?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:21 pm 
LOST Member

I know there are many plans/drawings/diagrams/dimensioned sketches floating around our forum for DIY things like EGR blockoff plates, Strut mount spacer plates, hockey puck bump stops, thermostat mods, etc.

Is it time to consolidate these into one sticky? I'm sure you all know the feeling of clicking a link to find that the great photos you would need down the road were no longer hosted. Does lostjeeps.com have room to host some of the images for something like this in a sticky?

Anyone want to start us off? I've bookmarked some of these items and would love to , but I don't have them all, and certainly not from my work computer.

I really need to figure out how to become a 'lifetime member' one of these days. You guys have saved me so many headaches and made my Jeep much better than it would have been from trial and error alone! Thanks Lostjeeps!

Did you hear about the guy who was hooked on brake fluid?
He swears he can stop any time.

Post subject: Re: Sticky idea...what do you think?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:05 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

You might want to check with Sir Sam about adding those links to the NOOB guide.

Sold to LOST member my 05 Ltd, GDE Stg II turbo + TCM tune, SunCoast TC w. Transgo kit, Steiger window regulators, Samcos, Fumoto valve, 2nd gen filter head with Lub. Spec. bleeder, Hayden clutch & 11 blade fan, inverted spare, P-1 battery, BF Goodrich Long Trail TAs, Etecno1 glow plugs, timing belt at 50K miles/8 yrs

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:27 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Are you talking about a list of known DIY mods and maintenance (basically better organized HowTOs?) There are lots of other forums that have those and many ways to do it.

Anyone have some links to formats they like for this? We can take suggestions and then chat it up.

Dan

Fumoto drain | ProVent CCV Filter
Stanadyne FM100 filter | Cummins fuel pump
GDE Eco | SEGR | BoulderBars | FrankenLift | Frankenskids

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:18 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I cannot offer format comments but I can offer a couple of options on links:
a) some of the relevant links are already in Sir Sam's NOOB guide so as I hinted putting more there might be a good option.
b) alternatively I've been copying, in most cases with links, forum posts that I've found helpful or anticipate finding helpful but I don't have a place to host a post of those links.
c) the CRD tech post has a lot of hints but they are not organized. For example - one section dealing with turbo hints.

Sold to LOST member my 05 Ltd, GDE Stg II turbo + TCM tune, SunCoast TC w. Transgo kit, Steiger window regulators, Samcos, Fumoto valve, 2nd gen filter head with Lub. Spec. bleeder, Hayden clutch & 11 blade fan, inverted spare, P-1 battery, BF Goodrich Long Trail TAs, Etecno1 glow plugs, timing belt at 50K miles/8 yrs