It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: trailer hitch recall update
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:09 pm 
LOST Newbie

I received a phone call yesterday from jeep letting me know that the trailer hitch have been sent to the dealers for the new recall and they setup a appointment at the dealer nearest where I am right now and I'm getting mine put on the 21st. I was curious and I called 4 more just to check and they all had them in Stock. So if you don't have it done I would call and get a appointment. It also Looks like all the dealers in michigan or atleast in my surrounding area have them or have gotten them and waiting on more. The reason jeep called me about the recall instead of a letter is I called them and told them I travel a lot which is true and I wouldn't be back to Florida in a year so getting a letter would be pointless so they said they would call me and see where I was and check what state I was in to setup the recall install

Post subject: Re: trailer hitch recall update
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:56 pm 
LOST Member

Contacted closest Jeep dealer to me and they have no knowledge of the hitches arrival.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:07 am 
LOST Member

The Dodge dealer close to me got two pallets of hitches. But because they aren't a Jeep dealer they didn't send the special tools to install them.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2006 Jeep Liberty Limited CRD (purchased 10/30/12 w/ 52k miles) GDE HotTune & Eco TCU, Suncoast TC, Amsoil Full SAPS (EFM) 5w40, Amsoil ATF, 7" touchscreen Android powered stereo (direct from China) w/ 4G LTE mobile data for streaming Netflix, HBO GO, Slingbox, Pandora, etc.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:58 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

KD6ICZ wrote:
The Dodge dealer close to me got two pallets of hitches. But because they aren't a Jeep dealer they didn't send the special tools to install them.

You mean the 21mm socket that any tech will have in his box? No special tools required.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:52 am 
LOST Newbie

tjkj2002 wrote:
KD6ICZ wrote:

You mean the 21mm socket that any tech will have in his box? No special tools required.

You would think they would need just the 21mm but no they need all kinds of stuff I watched an asked questions to the tech who did mine it took them 2.5hrs to put the hitch on. They have to check and make sure the metal is sound by drilling 1 of the 6 holes needed after the 1st hole they use a tool to analyze the metal to see if it will hold up. Then they have to make sure it's all square and no other structure support is messed up, because if it is due to anything they have to fix it before they can put a hitch on it. Not only that they check the whole suspension and chassis, he had a check sheet that seemed 4 + pages. I did find out that my rear shocks are bad 1 is blown N other is leaking. It was pretty interesting I figured 6 bolts holes and bolt it up and I would be out the door asap didn't think it took as lo g as it did

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:55 am 
LOST Addict

Wow....mine didnt do any of that. They threw it on in less than 15 mins and I was on my way.

Sent with the power of children's screams!!!

2002 KJ Limited 3.7, 5.25" lift via coilovers, custom HD rear springs, 32.2" tires on moabs (soon 33s) 4.56/JBA diff, OX lockers front/rear, NP241OR, Parker Fab front/rear bumpers, rock rails and roof rack, Viair OBA.

2006 KJ sport 3.7, 4" Ironman lift, 32" tires, Parker Fab front/rear bumpers and rock rails.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:20 pm 
LOST Newbie

4x4kayak2112 wrote:
Wow....mine didnt do any of that. They threw it on in less than 15 mins and I was on my way.

Sent with the power of children's screams!!!

Maybe that's why? You can always count on kids to get you out of places. Maybe because I had it done in michigan where everything rusts? I dunno

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:29 pm 
LOST Junkie

Why'd they have to drill?

All 6 of the required holes were present when I installed my hitch a year ago. My Pibby's from MI, too, so I had to clean up the threads before installing.

But no drilling.