It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: JBA UCA's off Ebay - which is which? L/R?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:23 pm 
LOST Member

I was about to install my UCA's this morning, but realized they aren't marked as to which is which (left/right) anyone know how to tell the difference?

If it helps, they've both got one side that was hitting the pocket on the previous install, if that's any clue.

Thanks,

Did you hear about the guy who was hooked on brake fluid?
He swears he can stop any time.

Post subject: Re: JBA UCA's off Ebay - which is which? L/R?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:38 pm 
LOST Addict

Are the for the KJ? If so they are the same L/R. Now KK are different

Sent with the power of children's screams!!!

2002 KJ Limited 3.7, 5.25" lift via coilovers, custom HD rear springs, 32.2" tires on moabs (soon 33s) 4.56/JBA diff, OX lockers front/rear, NP241OR, Parker Fab front/rear bumpers, rock rails and roof rack, Viair OBA.

2006 KJ sport 3.7, 4" Ironman lift, 32" tires, Parker Fab front/rear bumpers and rock rails.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:51 pm 
LOST Member

Yes, for the KJ, I coulda sworn that I read somewhere that they were different...ok, I feel better now!

Now, if I could just get the front bolt off of the driver's side UCA. It just wants to spin that piece of metal right into the...Power Steering? Brake? line.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:08 pm 
LOST Addict

Unbolt that brake line from the wheel well and push it in. you will gain a bit of clearance

2002 KJ Limited 3.7, 5.25" lift via coilovers, custom HD rear springs, 32.2" tires on moabs (soon 33s) 4.56/JBA diff, OX lockers front/rear, NP241OR, Parker Fab front/rear bumpers, rock rails and roof rack, Viair OBA.

2006 KJ sport 3.7, 4" Ironman lift, 32" tires, Parker Fab front/rear bumpers and rock rails.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:13 pm 
LOST Member

Thanks!

I got them installed, did exactly what you said with the brake line and it was finished up by yesterday afternoon.

I found that one of the A-arms seemed to be tweaked, ever-so-slightly (or maybe just the bushing a little out of square) and it took a little bit of BFH to convince it that it needed to go where I thought it should go.

That was the only part I needed an assistant for..."OK Honey, just keep putting pressure on that bolt while I wiggle this A-arm and tap it with the hammer!" It worked great and she was happy to lend a hand!

Thanks for all the help everyone!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:52 pm 
LOST Addict

Awesome! I just did JBA arms and LBJ for my FIL Jeep KJ. He needed them bad! But I have done so many that I can do arms as a one man job and under a hour