It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Selling my CRD 2005 sport 184K miles $7000
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:21 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hi everyone, My wife's military commitment is almost done, and we will be moving back to Pennsylvania. Unfortunately taking my beloved CRD is not a viable option ( I have 3 other cars to take back). So it is up for sale.

WARNING This may be a long read!!

I have had it since about January of 2012 and 156K I bought it in and it has lived in Colorado since then. Timing belt was done at 96,587 by the original owner. I am the second owner, although carfax may say 3 because I had it titled in both Colorado and Pennsylvania. It was originally from Minnesota where it was owned by an executive at the Minnesota soybean growers association. He kept a spreadsheet of every tank of fuel and every service that was done to it. It was his business vehicle. When I bought it I contacted him and he sent me the spreadsheet. I will email it to serious buyers. I am not as organized, but I did change the oil (Mobil 1 0W40) and filter ( M1-301) every 6000 miles. and the air filter every 12K. I replaced the rear trailing arms before there was a recall with nice clean Colorado used ones.

When I bought it at 156K I immediately cleaned the MAP, disconnected the MAF, installed the EHM, a Fumoto drain valve, an inline thermostat, and a used EVIC. New Sears P1 battery in December 2012. Front rotors and pads were replaced in July 2013, Parking brake shoes replaced in June 2012. I just replaced the turbo air inlet hose after checking it at oil change time and it was cracked. This was replaced with a genuine mopar hose. This CRD has been very well taken care of and it runs perfect. I will really miss it. I would say it is in above average condition for the mileage. It has a few small parking lot type dents and some paint rub through on the hood where the old bug deflector rubbed. There is a chip in the passenger side of the windshield which I will have filled before the new owner takes possession. No transmission shudder and I frequently drive this to Denver and back . I would not hesitate to drive it anywhere.

The only issues I am aware of are: It will need tires very soon, and it has an intermittent clunk in the front suspension when accelerating from a full stop. I have been under it with long pry bars and a flashlight to try and locate the clunk but I haven't been able to pinpoint where it is coming from, and of course it will also need a timing belt in 12000 miles or so. I also got a recall notice for the tow hitch, but haven't received word that they are available to be replaced yet. Oh and I almost forgot the 110v plug for the block heater deteriorated and came off. I never bothered to fix it since I never needed the block heater, but I did a resistance reading through the cord and the block hater itself appears to be OK it would just need a new cord.

I have not taken many pics yet , but I will take lots of pics and put a link to them on here in the next day or so. I am still driving this daily so mileage will go up. I have a clear PA title in my hand for it. I also have screen shots from the torque app showing MAF readings etc MAF was 13.4g/s but keep in mind that is at almost 7000ft elevation. Image

http://s896.photobucket.com/user/buikspecial56/slideshow/2005%20Liberty%20CRD
The Jeep is located at the Air Force Academy in Colorado zip 80840

1932 Ford Pickup, Channelled, Z'd East coast style, 303 olds, 3spd OD
1968 Buick skylark Conv Frame stubbed with MII and air bags

Post subject: Re: Selling my CRD 2005 sport 184K miles $7000
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:30 pm 
LOST Newbie

Over sixty pics now on Photobucket.

http://s896.photobucket.com/user/buiksp ... erty%20CRD

The navigation/radio that is in the car does not go with the car a Sony Head unit (pictured) will be installed when the car is sold. The nav/cd/dvd/Bluetooth/Sirius unit can be included for an extra $300 , but I would rather just keep it for one of my other cars.

1932 Ford Pickup, Channelled, Z'd East coast style, 303 olds, 3spd OD
1968 Buick skylark Conv Frame stubbed with MII and air bags