It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Flame Red CRD going for a factory reman motor
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:38 pm 
LOST Newbie

I had the valve cover and cams removed yesterday and we discovered that their are 2 seized rocker rollers and 5 that were not even replaced last year when I had at the dealer for replacement. Evidently what happened is when the mechanic put the engine cam cover on the first time he was careless and knocked them off of the valve springs and they got damaged immediately when the engine was started. So they ended up just putting 5 of my old rockers back in the motor to get it running again and out of the shop. I remember them telling me that it wasn't running right the first time and they had to tear it back apart again. In addition the cams are scored where the cam holding pins go in the hole as if he tried to torque the cam gears against them and cylinder #3 has a bad injector sleeve it has an out of round hole and it blew a groove in the copper washer. I have been having so much trouble with my engine that I have decided to go for a factory remanufactured engine that comes with a 3 year 100,000 mile warranty I found a wholesaler that can get me one delivered for just under $5,000. At least this way I will have a new motor and I wont have to worry about how much damage was done to the lower half of my old motor from all of the roller needle bearings that went through the oil system as the rockers failed.

Post subject: Re: Flame Red CRD going for a factory reman motor
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:48 pm 
LOST Newbie

Thats a great warranty on the reman. But how would the bearings get past the oil pump inlet screen and then past the oil filter?

Airtex E7181M In-tank Lift pump
123K miles as of 7/9

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:56 am 
LOST Junkie

Question: Are you going to rely on a mechanic for the install or do it yourself? Don't think you'll find another one that won't cut corners. They are paid at a flat rate by the shop and it is in their best financial interest to do a job as fast as possible in order to earn enough $$ to feed their families.

Please share with us who is the wholesaler you are getting the engine from since it sounds like a good deal.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:37 am 
LOST Newbie

I would also like to know which wholesaler you dealt with as I need a new engine as well.

1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 (just about dead)
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD