It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Crank Position Sensor
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:01 am 
LOST Newbie

Has anyone noticed after replacing the crank sensor that their crd idles smoother and had a little more power? I replaced mine last night and I immediately noticed how smooth the engine was. On the test drive, it seemed to have a tiny bit more low end torque.

Am I imagining this?

Post subject: Re: Crank Position Sensor
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:06 pm 
LOST Junkie

I think you do not have the proper torque with the old one , probably near to fail , but is only my thought , I have changed It last year , but mine died from one day to other

https://www.facebook.com/YetiChiptuning

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:32 pm 
LOST Newbie

With mine, it seemed to work fine, then last Thursday when I left work, it ran fine for about 5-6 minutes and then stalled at a traffic light. (It had did this same thing a few times the week before) It would not start again until after I had it towed. 30 minutes/230 dollars later later, I started it, ran rough, missed fired a few times, so I shut if off and started again. After that it ran totally fine. Later that night I came on here to compare my symptoms with others and ordered the crank sensor from IDparts.com. I installed it last night and immediately noticed how it ran differently. It felt solid this morning.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:48 pm 
LOST Junkie

orbanator7577 wrote:
With mine, it seemed to work fine, then last Thursday when I left work, it ran fine for about 5-6 minutes and then stalled at a traffic light. (It had did this same thing a few times the week before) It would not start again until after I had it towed. 30 minutes/230 dollars later later, I started it, ran rough, missed fired a few times, so I shut if off and started again. After that it ran totally fine. Later that night I came on here to compare my symptoms with others and ordered the crank sensor from IDparts.com. I installed it last night and immediately noticed how it ran differently. It felt solid this morning.

That's a very accurate discription of a failing Crank Sensor.
Glad that you could get your CRD fixed quickly, with the help of this forum. :wink:

I really need to buy a spare to keep in the glove box.

#1 CRD, 174,000 miles. Eco tune, Samco hoses. Mobil1 0-40w used since day one
#2 CRD 143,000 miles. Bought used (unknown history) with 100,000 miles. Samco hoses.
Eco tune, new rockers, and 5 volt glow plugs installed at 124,000 miles

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:06 pm 
LOST Newbie

I am going to order and replace the cam sensor as well, just to cover all bases.

Only recently have I started to think about building a small stock pile of parts that fail.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:39 pm 
LOST Newbie

orbanator7577 wrote:
I am going to order and replace the cam sensor as well, just to cover all bases.

I completely agree. I just replaced my crank sensor because of poor performance, especially on hot days when driving in heavy traffic. Those sensors are more heat sensitive that people realize. Mine is running a lot better now. Cam sensor is next..

jeepdan wrote:
I really need to buy a spare to keep in the glove box.

(and the sockets, extensions, flashlight, etc.. needed to install it)

Airtex E7181M In-tank Lift pump
123K miles as of 7/9