It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Photos that prove I got ripped off by the dealer
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:50 pm 
LOST Newbie

Last year I had Tom O'Brien Chrysler Jeep in Indianapolis Indiana work on my CRD and they billed me for 16 rockers @ $64.50 a piece and it never did run like it should it would hesitate on acceleration and blow out heavy black smoke. Last week I had a reputable local mechanic disassemble the valve cover and this is what we found.

http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q66 ... 7640c8.jpg

http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q66 ... cdcd6b.jpg

the rockers with copper clips on them are new and the ones that are dull were reused and of the 5 reused rockers one of them the roller was completely seized up. also the camshaft is scored where the locking pins are supposed to be inserted and they had to glue the plug into place on the valve cover because they cracked it off.

Post subject: Re: Photos that prove I got ripped off by the dealer
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:13 pm 
LOST Junkie

Wowee look at those intake ports. Since your this far, I'd remove the head, get it and the cam cover hot tanked to a sparkly clean. Then new head gasket, ARP studs, and weeks101 intake kit and have a happy engine. It seems like a lot to invest, but man does it make a difference.

Anyways I'd be pretty upset too, good luck trying to get anything from the dealer.

05 Liberty Limited CRD, converted to KPA 2863 ball bearing and billet turbo, 50hp injectorsl, complete egr delete, cooling fan delete, weeks intake kit, cummins in tank lift pump, ARP studs, 3" turbo back exhaust, samcos, etecno plugs, GDE trans tune, custom GDE engine tune.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:35 pm 
LOST Newbie

It needs a new cylinder head, Injector port 3 is leaking compression because its either cracked or scored Iam seriously thinking about a new motor for just under $5,000 which would include a 3 year 100,000 mile warranty and I could also have the torque converter replaced at the same time it likes to shudder and kill the motor when I put the transmission in gear. At a bare minimum using the cheapest parts that I can find from ID parts and allmoparparts.com its going to cost $3,245 in parts to fix the top end of my current motor not knowing how much longer the bottom half of the motor will last. It currently has 119,000 miles on it. I can't wait to get it back on the road I just love the way these little motors sound when they run just like a little tractor.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:39 pm 
LOST Junkie

I know how ya feel, mine was down almost 8 months, but I did every upgrade and then some and have been super happy. A new motor would be the fastest and in the long run, probably the best route. Who knows where else all those metal shavings got off to. I'd be interested in your old motor if you do decide to go the new engine route. I have some experimenting I want to do, and need a motor to build on.

05 Liberty Limited CRD, converted to KPA 2863 ball bearing and billet turbo, 50hp injectorsl, complete egr delete, cooling fan delete, weeks intake kit, cummins in tank lift pump, ARP studs, 3" turbo back exhaust, samcos, etecno plugs, GDE trans tune, custom GDE engine tune.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:52 pm 
LOST Newbie

I will need the old motor to turn in as a core for rebuild since their is a $3,500 core charge. Iam looking for someone who has 16 used or bad rockers to put back in the core return, they said that it doesn't matter how bad they are because they will be replaced with new ones anyway just as long as the motor is complete when returned it just has to be rebuild quality and cant have a cracked block. I need to keep the ones that are currently in my motor to show the dealer when I go to complain about the service that I received.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:37 am 
LOST Junkie

mrwaibel wrote:
I will need the old motor to turn in as a core for rebuild since their is a $3,500 core charge. Iam looking for someone who has 16 used or bad rockers to put back in the core return, they said that it doesn't matter how bad they are because they will be replaced with new ones anyway just as long as the motor is complete when returned it just has to be rebuild quality and cant have a cracked block. I need to keep the ones that are currently in my motor to show the dealer when I go to complain about the service that I received.

I think I'd complain FIRST. You paid for something that you clearly did not receive. You need to go after them... legally. I wouldn't spend a dime until you try that first. Good luck!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:26 am 

You should find yourself a good lawyer and let him guide you as to what you need to do to recover all your money for the repairs and for additional monies for imposed damages due to their improper repair. You sir have a very good case and hard evidence to prove their negligence. :wink:
Best of luck!!!! :mrgreen:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:54 am 
LOST Newbie

If you need old/used rockers let me know I have all 16 left from when I did my head gasket the first time. So they will have 123,730 miles on them or less idk if the first owner of mine replaced them or not

Weeks Intake, Samco hoses, 2nd gen fuel head, EHM, Fumoto 102, Mobil 1 5W-40 TDT-oil, M1-301, Inline 195 T-stat, GX3123 7V Steel
Jeep = Just Empty Every Pocket

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:42 am 
LOST Member

mrwaibel wrote:
I think I'd complain FIRST. You paid for something that you clearly did not receive. You need to go after them... legally. I wouldn't spend a dime until you try that first. Good luck!

X2

1993 C3500 Chevy 6.5 Turbo Diesel
1984 C7500 Chevy Flat Bed 366 gas
1987 R25 Chevy 350 gas