It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: OME Springs
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:57 am 
LOST Newbie

Hi all, we have an 06 CRD with 108K and the stock springs arent cutting it anymore. I did repace the struts/shocks with bilstiens and that improved it some but am still looking for a better ride on our crappy road and dirt backroads. I have been reading that the OME springs are good in this department so I am looking to go this route but since I just installed new bilstiens 4 months ago I would like to keep them.

So can I use the OME927/948 with my current bilstiens or do I need longer struts/shocks?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: OME Springs
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:00 am 

Order the Ironman Springs front and rear and use with your current Bilsteins. They will work just fine and the Ironman Springs cost a little less than the OME ones! :wink:
I have the exact same setup.... :-)r

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:16 pm 
LOST Newbie

Thanks! I have a line on a great deal for the rear ome springs and will check the ironman's for the front. Where did you purchase yours? I am having a hard time finding them online.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:23 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

zak21 wrote:
Hi all, we have an 06 CRD with 108K and the stock springs arent cutting it anymore. I did repace the struts/shocks with bilstiens and that improved it some but am still looking for a better ride on our crappy road and dirt backroads. I have been reading that the OME springs are good in this department so I am looking to go this route but since I just installed new bilstiens 4 months ago I would like to keep them.

So can I use the OME927/948 with my current bilstiens or do I need longer struts/shocks?

Thanks

You will need longer rear shocks and the CRD will also need the OME 790 front coils since the 927 coils are rated less then the OEM CRD coils.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:38 pm 
LOST Newbie

tjkj2002 wrote:
zak21 wrote:

Thanks

You will need longer rear shocks and the CRD will also need the OME 790 front coils since the 927 coils are rated less then the OEM CRD coils.

Gotcha, I had picked the 927 per the ome guide as it shows these as medium duty up to 110 pounds for the diesel as i will not be adding a bumper or winch. I don't want it to sag either so does anyone have either of these springs that can comment on the ride?

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:57 pm 
LOST Junkie

Selling a pair of slightly used 927s if you go that route. $100 + shipping.

Supporting Vendor

Jeep Liberty 2.8L CRD
Chevy Colorado/GMC Canyon 2.8L Duramax

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:29 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

zak21 wrote:
tjkj2002 wrote:
zak21 wrote:

Thanks

Gotcha, I had picked the 927 per the ome guide as it shows these as medium duty up to 110 pounds for the diesel as i will not be adding a bumper or winch. I don't want it to sag either so does anyone have either of these springs that can comment on the ride?

Thanks
Your factory coils are rated at 410lbs,the OME 927's are rated at 400lbs.You need the OME 790's rated at 500lbs for your CRD.

Just a comparison the stock coils for a 3.7 gas KJ are about 300lbs rated and the OME 925's(light duty coils) are rated at 350lbs,926's(medium duty) are rated at 375lbs.You don't want to go less then what your OE coils are rated for,less lift,will sag very fast,and have a mushy ride which will effect other things like your brakes.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:39 pm 

zak21 wrote:
Thanks! I have a line on a great deal for the rear ome springs and will check the ironman's for the front. Where did you purchase yours? I am having a hard time finding them online.

J.B.A. (Jeepinbyall) http://jeepinbyal.com/collections/ironman-4x4
Front: Load Range "C" $167 1.5 inch lift....

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:39 pm 
LOST Member

WWDiesel wrote:
zak21 wrote:

J.B.A. (Jeepinbyall) http://jeepinbyal.com/collections/ironman-4x4
Front: Load Range "C" $167 1.5 inch lift....

So do the stock Bilsteins work with the 1.5 to 2.5 inch lift? I didn't think they gave any other info for the 5100 series.

#1 2006 Silver CRD Limited, flipped spare tire, ASFIR skids, GDE TCM & Ecotune, blue SAMCOs, 5V glow plugs, Rotella T6, intank fuel pump, Gen2 fuel head, new crank sensor, JBA 2.5 in silver package, Provent and ARB bumper
#2 2006 Metallic Green Limited; currently DOA
#3 2005 Silver project; currently not running...don't judge me

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:42 pm 
LOST Member

I have OME front coils for sale had them on my crd for about 8 months (never off road) $50

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:27 pm 
LOST Newbie

Tjkj2002, thanks for the spring rate info. Do you think 500lb will be to stiff for a stock CRD?

Weeks101, did you not like the softness of the 927's?

Shadow63, which model springs do you have?

Thanks
Zak

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:32 pm 
LOST Member

Not sure. They are in storage ill get back to you on Thursday if its not too late. Im pretty sure they are the medium duty for the crd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:38 pm 
LOST Newbie

shadow63 wrote:
Not sure. They are in storage ill get back to you on Thursday if its not too late. Im pretty sure they are the medium duty for the crd

Sounds good, if I may ask why did you decided to take them out?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:44 pm 
LOST Member

I had 927s installed but I am currently taking them out to 790s in. The ride was good with the 927s, but the front end slowly started to get lower. I do not know how the 790s ride yet. Hopefully my Jeep will be all back together by the end of the week.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:17 pm 
LOST Member

Wanted to go stock for long highway traveling. If your going to put new tires on, dont do what I did and put on Goodyear dura trac mud terrain. Extremely LOUD at highway speeds, go with a/t tires. Bill

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:52 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

zak21 wrote:
Tjkj2002, thanks for the spring rate info. Do you think 500lb will be to stiff for a stock CRD?

Weeks101, did you not like the softness of the 927's?

Shadow63, which model springs do you have?

Thanks
Zak

No they won't be to stiff,will actually make the ride better.Some guys with the 3.7's are using the 790's that are fully armored and they did not complain about the ride and your CRD is 300lbs heavier in the front end then a 3.7 KJ is.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:55 am 

CGman wrote:
So do the stock Bilsteins work with the 1.5 to 2.5 inch lift? I didn't think they gave any other info for the 5100 series.

They work just fine front and rear unless you plan to do a lot of agrassive off roading where articulation would require a lot of suspension travel. For everyday road driving, they are a great combo. After install of the Ironman Springs and Bilstein Shocks, the Jeep actually rode and handled much better than with the stock equipment.... :SOMBRERO:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch