It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: occasional dinging from dash?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:46 pm 
LOST Member

posting this in the crd section, although it may not be related to crd specific issues

i was driving the liberty last friday night. it "dinged" at me. no engine lights were on, the fuel tank was 1/2 full, and i had my seat belt on. two days later it did it again and i noticed the overhead info center was telling me the washer fluid was low. thought i found the culprit. the washer fluid is now full but it dinged at me again. what could be causing the dinging? it goes ding ding....ding ding and disappears for a few days. it isn't continuous, just the 4 dings and quits.

i should mention i have the MAF wire unplugged and the check engine light stays on because of this. i drove it a good 1000 miles like this and had no dinging. so i am assuming that it is unrelated to this.

Post subject: Re: occasional dinging from dash?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:12 pm 
LOST Addict

The only thing I can think of is a door or tailgate not completely closed, but that should be visible on the dash/EVIC. Maybe some of the door shut switches is acting up? Also, do a test if your dashboard lights are all functioning.

2005 kj CRD, samco, suncoast tc, provent, Kennedy lift pump, GDE ECO full torque, 2nd gen filter head, 245/70/16 a/t tires, mopar light bar, fumoto oil valve, OEM Skid Plates, ARB Front bumper and HD OME, tru cool LPD47391 40k GVW tranny cooler (stock cooler delete), FF Dynamics e-fan and shroud, rocker arms replaced, HDS2 190F thermostat.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:46 pm 
LOST Member

Plugged the MAF back in. Check engine light remains. It is beeping more often now. Autozone tried to pull the codes but their reader wouldn't connect for some reason. I am going to try another location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:57 pm 
LOST Newbie

The stupid overhead thing will cause dinging if washer fluid is low, service is due, or tpms issues. The only time I have come across unsolicited dinging, there were U-codes stored (communication errors). This was due to a corroded ground. Hopefully its just the annoying overhead console :D

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:49 pm 
LOST Member

Washer fluid is full and no message on overhead display. Left MAF plugged. Engine light went off after twenty miles. Then it beeped again. The Next autozone pulled these codes, no way to know which one is most recent according to them.

P0725 engine speed input low to TCM

P0102 MAF

P0760 TCM detected a fault in the OD solenoid

P0069 (twice)-supercharger inlet pressure

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:34 pm 
LOST Junkie

LoCool will flash on odometer and set off chime when it occurs. It does not light the MIL light on the dash.

Have you checked your engine coolant level?

Provent @ 43,000 km
SEGR in progress
SAMCO Sport hoses @ 48500 km
Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac LT225/75R16

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:30 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Have you considered low windshield washer fluid. When I hear a ding my automatic reflex is to look at the dash and only some seconds later remember to look at the EVIC for the message. Recently I knew my washer fluid was low and I got the ding and caught the EVIC message. As I was not in a place to do anything about it so I just kept driving and eventually the message went away but an hour or so further down the road I got another set of dings (sorry don't recall how many) but no dash or EVIC message. I subsequently filled the washer fluid and no more ding.

My point is perhaps you missed the original low washer fluid message and are now getting "ding" reminders with no message as I apparently did.

Just a thought

Sold to LOST member my 05 Ltd, GDE Stg II turbo + TCM tune, SunCoast TC w. Transgo kit, Steiger window regulators, Samcos, Fumoto valve, 2nd gen filter head with Lub. Spec. bleeder, Hayden clutch & 11 blade fan, inverted spare, P-1 battery, BF Goodrich Long Trail TAs, Etecno1 glow plugs, timing belt at 50K miles/8 yrs

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:42 pm 
LOST Member

Again, my washer fluid is full. The second time I heard the beeps I caught the message on the evic. I filled it up thinking I had solved it. It has continued to beep every 300 miles or so. This weekend it has started doing it more often, like every 75 miles. Unless you are telling me that the low washer reminder has to be manually reset I don't see how that can be the cause. The reservoir is full and the evic doesn't display a message

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:43 pm 
LOST Member

Engine coolant is where it should be in the overflow

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:53 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Low wash message should not have to be reset but since this started with low wash I wonder if the low wash sensor has failed or is stuck. I suspect, but don't know, that the low wash sensor is a float. See if you can get to the sensor; if a float check float movement; if not a float unplug and see if ding stops.

Apparently the washer bottle design has changed and the old design and associated sensor may not be available thru a dealer but there was a post in the past few months about an after market source for the original 05/06 stuff.

Sold to LOST member my 05 Ltd, GDE Stg II turbo + TCM tune, SunCoast TC w. Transgo kit, Steiger window regulators, Samcos, Fumoto valve, 2nd gen filter head with Lub. Spec. bleeder, Hayden clutch & 11 blade fan, inverted spare, P-1 battery, BF Goodrich Long Trail TAs, Etecno1 glow plugs, timing belt at 50K miles/8 yrs

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:50 pm 

papaindigo wrote:
Apparently the washer bottle design has changed and the old design and associated sensor may not be available thru a dealer but there was a post in the past few months about an after market source for the original 05/06 stuff.

Autozone has the bottle, windshield washer reservoir Part Number: 603-314. Listed for an 06 only, but it is the same on 05, I know, I ordered this one and replaced the cracked one on my 05. $41+change. Exact replacement of OEM items, everything fit perfect and it looked to be built heavier than the OEM one I took off... :roll:
They also have the pump and level sensor too! Just like the OEM parts.
Sensor - Windshield Washer Level Part Number: SU8548 $9+change
Pump - Part Number: 8-581

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:00 pm 
LOST Member

I get what your saying since I noticed the washer message when this started. But why doesn't the message show now when it beeps? I'm pretty sure I need to change the fuel filter. I am getting air in my fuel every couple of days. Is it possible that could have something to do with the beeps? The codes that were on the ECM also have me curios. Do any of the codes mentioned earlier cause a beep but no light?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:09 am 
LOST Newbie

Ours now dings about 4 times on lengthy drives.

Wife says she saw liftgate open for a split second but never again. Still dings no messages all doors shut.

But maybe there's a bad connection on lift glass or something.