It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Salvage Alert and goodbye
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:28 pm 
LOST Member

First off I just want to thank everyone on this forum, I loved the 8 years and 91K I put on my CRD. Without the help and ingenuity of several members here I would have been completely lost and frustrated dealing with our quirky Italian Diesels. That being said unfortunately another drivers carelessness cost me my Jeep earlier this month, and just months after doing a GDE Eco Tune and my 100K timing belt and water pump :banghead: . But I am okay, and likely considering a Diesel Chevy Cruze in the near future.

Insurance totaled the Jeep for the front end damage but I'm sure it will end up in Salvage in Denver Metro/N. Colorado area VIN ends in :W269410 here's the damagehttp://imgur.com/mxBMpn2

I'll post a couple spare parts I have in the garage for the CRD/KJ inthe Jeep Parts & Vehicles For Sale by Members of LOST JEEPS section.

PM me if you have any questions, or email my username at gmail

Post subject: Re: Salvage Alert and goodbye
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:48 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Glad you are ok, sorry about the CRD

Sold to LOST member my 05 Ltd, GDE Stg II turbo + TCM tune, SunCoast TC w. Transgo kit, Steiger window regulators, Samcos, Fumoto valve, 2nd gen filter head with Lub. Spec. bleeder, Hayden clutch & 11 blade fan, inverted spare, P-1 battery, BF Goodrich Long Trail TAs, Etecno1 glow plugs, timing belt at 50K miles/8 yrs

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:09 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Bummer, dude, really - happy trails with the Cruze............................

SEGR; Provent; Magnaflow;
Suncoast T\C, Transgo Tow'n'Go switch;
Cummins LP module, Fleetguard filter, Filterminder
2.5" Daystar f, OME r; Ranchos; K80767's, Al's lifted uppers
Rubicons, 2.55 Goodyears
Four in a row really makes it go

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:34 am 
LOST Member

A bit messy. Engine should be ok though. Just need a CRD with a stuffed engine.
John

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:32 am 
LOST Addict

blake1827 wrote:
First off I just want to thank everyone on this forum, I loved the 8 years and 91K I put on my CRD. Without the help and ingenuity of several members here I would have been completely lost and frustrated dealing with our quirky Italian Diesels. That being said unfortunately another drivers carelessness cost me my Jeep earlier this month, and just months after doing a GDE Eco Tune and my 100K timing belt and water pump :banghead: . But I am okay, and likely considering a Diesel Chevy Cruze in the near future.

Insurance totaled the Jeep for the front end damage but I'm sure it will end up in Salvage in Denver Metro/N. Colorado area VIN ends in :W269410 here's the damagehttp://imgur.com/mxBMpn2

I'll post a couple spare parts I have in the garage for the CRD/KJ inthe Jeep Parts & Vehicles For Sale by Members of LOST JEEPS section.

PM me if you have any questions, or email my username at gmail

Glad to here you are ok.

I have heard good things about the Diesel Cruze engine itself, but a lot of negative commentary from Cruze owners about the car in general. Quite a few people had them as daily drivers on the GTO forum I frequent and most of them were not happy with it. I personally went and test drove a Cruze Eco with a 6 spd manual and liked the car a lot, but that is different than having to live with it everyday. It was very spacious considering its outer dimensions, way more than my '09 Legacy.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:39 am 
LOST Member

Good you're alright. Here in MN we're loaded with mental defects that the communists give drivers licenses to.
Don't be a stranger here. The boy's here are so darn good, they will be able to help you with that diesel Cruze.

13 Edge Limited AWD

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:08 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Glad to hear you are Okay, member named Sir Sam is in Colorado, maybe give him a shout if you wanna sell it? I might consider grabbing one of these wrecked CRDs if one was close enough?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:49 pm 
LOST Addict

flman wrote:
Glad to hear you are Okay, member named Sir Sam is in Colorado, maybe give him a shout if you wanna sell it? I might consider grabbing one of these wrecked CRDs if one was close enough?

If you know a dealer, or you have a friend that has a license, copart.com has some. They sell all kind of cars country Wise, through online auction. There are some dealers that can buy the car for a fee if you don't have anybody close.

2005 kj CRD, samco, suncoast tc, provent, Kennedy lift pump, GDE ECO full torque, 2nd gen filter head, 245/70/16 a/t tires, mopar light bar, fumoto oil valve, OEM Skid Plates, ARB Front bumper and HD OME, tru cool LPD47391 40k GVW tranny cooler (stock cooler delete), FF Dynamics e-fan and shroud, rocker arms replaced, HDS2 190F thermostat.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:52 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

thermorex wrote:
flman wrote:

If you know a dealer, or you have a friend that has a license, copart.com has some. They sell all kind of cars country Wise, through online auction. There are some dealers that can buy the car for a fee if you don't have anybody close.

You not going to actually encourage me to pursue this?

I was thinking more a local one at a good price, worth my while.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:20 pm 
LOST Addict

Thats a bummer man.

I assume you have already gotten paid out and the insurance company has taken possession of the Jeep?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:43 am 
LOST Addict

flman wrote:
thermorex wrote:
flman wrote:

You not going to actually encourage me to pursue this?

I was thinking more a local one at a good price, worth my while.

Lol. No, I was talking in general, if you need a banged up jeep for parts. I saw few that were rear crashed, many on North East coast, so if you have the means to go get it yourself with a trailer, within 200 miles, I think it may worth. Your call obviously, just trying to give you an idea if you need a spare parts jeep...

2005 kj CRD, samco, suncoast tc, provent, Kennedy lift pump, GDE ECO full torque, 2nd gen filter head, 245/70/16 a/t tires, mopar light bar, fumoto oil valve, OEM Skid Plates, ARB Front bumper and HD OME, tru cool LPD47391 40k GVW tranny cooler (stock cooler delete), FF Dynamics e-fan and shroud, rocker arms replaced, HDS2 190F thermostat.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:05 pm 
LOST Newbie

My wife totaled CRD#1 in 2006. I bought it back from the insurance company for 1500. She hit a misquite tree dead on and then rolled it.
On inspection, the front end back to the fan was wiped. hood, window, left fender, left door was sprung and a few other things. The engine, water pump, thermostat, fuel pump, timing belt was okl. The bottome engine mount frame was bent. I bought all the parts from salvage yards, mostly off of gasers and they "kinda" fit. But, 5000 later, including paint job it was back on the road and running fine today. The insurance company gave me 14.5. I bought my wife a tdi jetta for 10. So it cost me out of pocket, 2K. and almost two years of sorting it out.