It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wisconsin CRD owners
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:37 am 
LOST Newbie

Hello, thought it would be good to know other Wi crd owners to
bounce thoughts or help each other out with projects?

Sometimes it nice to look at other crd and see how parts and other
ways of doing stuff works.

Meet up and check out other crds in the area?

Work on crd weekends etc..?

Thoughts???

Live Milwaukee
Work Pewaukee
Go to northwoods as often as possible. :CAMPING: not really roughing it.. :lol:

Cooper CTS 225/75 R16 Smittybilt brush guard & rear light guards

Post subject: Re: Wisconsin CRD owners
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:04 pm 
LOST Member

I live in northern Illinois and I would drive up to help with wrenching on some CRDs....and even regular gas Libertys too.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:27 pm 
LOST Member

65Corvair wrote:
I live in northern Illinois and I would drive up to help with wrenching on some CRDs....and even regular gas Libertys too.

Me too!
I know there's one more CRD by you. Steve lives by Milwaukee too. I know he would come. He's come to a few lost Illinois meeting so far.

You only love it if you change it!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:29 pm 
LOST Newbie

Well I am from Beloit, Just recently relocated up to The Twin Cities for work. :banghead: Bummer this thread just turned up. There is another Member on here from Beloit, also one from Wauwatosa. If you frequent here you may have already known that. I use to Conduct Trains right throw your neck of the woods though. :2cents:

Good Luck putting something together. Im always breaking my neck trying to look at ever KJ I see parked or on the road, looking for that ever so rare CRD emblem. Trying to at least wave at another CRD owner, or leave a note.

05 KJ Sport 176k, Inferno Red, ORM, EHM, Samcos, Weeks Stage 1&2
Added courtesy floor lights, Cooper AT3's, Airtex In Tank Lift Pump
Gen2 fuel head, TB done @ 103000, T-Stat @ 120000
OME Lift

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:32 am 
LOST Newbie

Just became a member after searching for 3 months for a good crd to start with.
Just purchased one on 9-12-14.

So just thought it would be good to have a topic where we can find each other.
Know also a Bryan in WI with a red crd he should be getting on board soon.
Thanks all so far who joined in.
It's the weekend jsut about.... :5SHOTS: enjoy!!!! I'm going north!
Layback

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:06 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hey guys, new to the CRD (this April) but not new to diesel. I see other F.I.B.'s are welcome, so I thought I might try to invite myself. I live in Chicago and my golf tdi had had some traction issues with the real winter we had last year. I think the jeep will help in "The City That Works" but doesn't plow it's streets or fix the potholes (lol.)

2005 KJ Limited CRD, 4J/1G Engineering Tstat, Sasquatch EGR bypass Samco hoses, GDE eco tune, GDE tcu, 2nd gen filter head, Jeep Icon wheels, Wrangler DuraTrac 215/85R16 (On-/Off-Road Commercial Traction), Fumoto oil valve, OEM Skid Plates, Kenwood DDX471, Python remote start...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:06 am 
LOST Member

CFD wrote:
Hey guys, new to the CRD (this April) but not new to diesel. I see other F.I.B.'s are welcome, so I thought I might try to invite myself. I live in Chicago and my golf tdi had had some traction issues with the real winter we had last year. I think the jeep will help in "The City That Works" but doesn't plow it's streets or fix the potholes (lol.)

I am in Chicago by O'hare.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:06 am 
LOST Member

I'm in Wauwatosa. And I'm on my 2nd CRD. I really like what this little mule can do. Hoping to put an OME lift on it in the not too distant future. (Spring) I also run to the north woods as often as funds and schedules permit. Having a group of CRDers close by would be cool! I believe there was is at least one more in the New London/ Oshkosh area.

2005 Blue KJ Sport CRD, GDE, Magnaflow muffler, Destination AT, Amsoil filters, Fumoto, Timing belt and waterpump @ 99,600, 11 blade nylon fan, 2905 hayden fan clutch, EURO TC

Arguing about whether the glass is half full or half empty misses the point: the bartender cheated you.
Unknown

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:15 pm 
LOST Member

Hey guys, I'm in Gurnee and spend every weekend up in Wisconsin and have a Dark Khaki Limited. My brother is in Cedarburg and has a Red Sport. We both have about 85K and will need timing belts next spring. It might be a good group event.

I have seen Bugnut on his way home from Minocqua previously. He is not on line very often anymore. On June 30 I saw a Blue Sport WI plates 930 XXX at the Zoo interchange. Was it anyone of you folks? On Labor Day I passed a Silver Sport on I-94 heading south at the border. The driver gave me the thumbs up as I passed. Any takers? Periodically I see CRD's but not frequently. I hear John's Dark Khaki CRD is now out west. He was a member of LOST.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:48 pm 
LOST Member

joelukex4 wrote:
Hey guys, I'm in Gurnee and spend every weekend up in Wisconsin and have a Dark Khaki Limited. My brother is in Cedarburg and has a Red Sport. We both have about 85K and will need timing belts next spring. It might be a good group event.

I have seen Bugnut on his way home from Minocqua previously. He is not on line very often anymore. On June 30 I saw a Blue Sport WI plates 930 XXX at the Zoo interchange. Was it anyone of you folks? On Labor Day I passed a Silver Sport on I-94 heading south at the border. The driver gave me the thumbs up as I passed. Any takers? Periodically I see CRD's but not frequently. I hear John's Dark Khaki CRD is now out west. He was a member of LOST.

I have the tools to do the belts. Also you may want to do the belts soon. Age is what is going to kill it not the miles.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:40 pm 
LOST Newbie

car0430a wrote:
Well I am from Beloit, Just recently relocated up to The Twin Cities for work. :banghead: Bummer this thread just turned up. There is another Member on here from Beloit, also one from Wauwatosa. If you frequent here you may have already known that. I use to Conduct Trains right throw your neck of the woods though. :2cents:

Good Luck putting something together. Im always breaking my neck trying to look at ever KJ I see parked or on the road, looking for that ever so rare CRD emblem. Trying to at least wave at another CRD owner, or leave a note.

Where about's in the Twin Cities are you? My wife and I have seen glimpses of another red CRD, but never got close enough to wave or anything. We are in Anoka/Coon Rapids area, and I've seen a blue CRD in St.Michael/Albertville area too, those are the only two I have ever seen in the flesh, and I always look for the CRD badge when I see a libby, wife often wonders what the hell I am doing, lol.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:17 pm 
LOST Member

Bump!

2005 Blue KJ Sport CRD, GDE, Magnaflow muffler, Destination AT, Amsoil filters, Fumoto, Timing belt and waterpump @ 99,600, 11 blade nylon fan, 2905 hayden fan clutch, EURO TC

Arguing about whether the glass is half full or half empty misses the point: the bartender cheated you.
Unknown

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:21 am 
LOST Member

rwallmow wrote:
Where about's in the Twin Cities are you? My wife and I have seen glimpses of another red CRD, but never got close enough to wave or anything. We are in Anoka/Coon Rapids area, and I've seen a blue CRD in St.Michael/Albertville area too, those are the only two I have ever seen in the flesh, and I always look for the CRD badge when I see a libby, wife often wonders what the hell I am doing, lol.

TC metro as well, but my CRD badge tends to hide behind stuff. Hard to mistake my truck on the roads though.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:29 am 
LOST Newbie

Well currently living south of the cities in Hastings, Work in St. Paul off of Warner rd and 10/61. Occasional work in north Minniapolis from time to time.

05 KJ Sport 176k, Inferno Red, ORM, EHM, Samcos, Weeks Stage 1&2
Added courtesy floor lights, Cooper AT3's, Airtex In Tank Lift Pump
Gen2 fuel head, TB done @ 103000, T-Stat @ 120000
OME Lift

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:51 am 
LOST Newbie

car0430a wrote:
Well currently living south of the cities in Hastings, Work in St. Paul off of Warner rd and 10/61. Occasional work in north Minniapolis from time to time.

Probably not yours that I've seen up in the north metro then, my wife or I see it on a fairly regular basis. Still good to know there's others in the general area though :pepper:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:54 am 
LOST Newbie

Rich wrote:
rwallmow wrote:

TC metro as well, but my CRD badge tends to hide behind stuff. Hard to mistake my truck on the roads though.

That's a sweet setup. That jerrycan holder on the back, is that part of a custom bumper, or is it mounted to the rear door?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:46 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I split my time between Elgin IL and Lac Du Flambeau WI. Hoping to soon be living up there full time.

Right now my CRD is in the garage waiting for me to find the time to do the rocker arms. I should have replaced them when I did the head bolts.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:14 pm 
LOST Newbie

Have to cancel crd trip other family stuff have came up.
Layback

Last edited by Layback1962 on Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:26 pm 
LOST Member

I would like to come up, help out, and camp. I have a pretty good selection of hand tools that I can bring up. Keep us posted as more details are devolped.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:41 pm 
LOST Newbie

Will do, think it would be a good weekend.

layback