It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Timing belt info
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:08 am 
LOST Member

I bought my '05 CRD about 6 months ago and it had a new reman engine installed by a Jeep dealership. This was done at about 60K miles and the Jeep currently has 98K. I have all the receipts but no reference about or if the TB was changed. The original motor put the piston through the cylinder wall. I have no history on why it did that. So my basic question is would the reman engine come with a new TB?

'05 CRD, GDE tune(s), JBA stuff, OME, Weeks Stage I & II, "Provent"(custom) +++

Post subject: Re: Timing belt info
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:07 am 
LOST Addict

A responsible person would replace it, but I personally wouldn't take chances, for less than 100 for a timing belt plus some work. Also it depends how the reman came, as a full engine, you can't be sure, as a low block, you could be almost sure it was replaced, regardless, I'd still change it in lack of any proof.

2005 kj CRD, samco, suncoast tc, provent, Kennedy lift pump, GDE ECO full torque, 2nd gen filter head, 245/70/16 a/t tires, mopar light bar, fumoto oil valve, OEM Skid Plates, ARB Front bumper and HD OME, tru cool LPD47391 40k GVW tranny cooler (stock cooler delete), FF Dynamics e-fan and shroud, rocker arms replaced, HDS2 190F thermostat.

Post subject: Re: Timing belt info
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:33 pm 
LOST Member

Thanks for your response. I was able to talk to Parts Dept. and they confirmed that in fact on a long block reman engine the TB is included, but not the serpentine belt. I was also hoping that the WP would have also been included but they said it's not. So with that said, I have 25K on this new engine but may have to deal with the WP at some point in the near (?) future.

'05 CRD, GDE tune(s), JBA stuff, OME, Weeks Stage I & II, "Provent"(custom) +++