It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Sierra Road trip, a few "no starts" and some codes
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:03 pm 
LOST Member

Finally got this in today. Hopefully it fixes the issue. FYI, BWD brand is actually a Bosch part and was identical in every way to the one already in my car (also Bosch with same part number). Hopefully it doesn't go as fast as the previous one did.

It was much simpler than I thought and is very accessible from the bottom. The only problem is that I spent HOURS taking off the WRONG heat shield (the one further up on the passenger side next to the turbo), which involved removing my airbox to turbo hose, one of my Samcos, etc. Only when I finally got that damned heat shield off (extremely difficult to remove with so many things in the way and 1 bolt difficult to access) did I discover that there was nothing beneath it. Then I realized my mistake . . . An hour job max, turned to 4+ by the time I got everything back together.

Thanks for the help everyone. I tested the old one with my multimeter and it did indeed seem to act erratically when exposed to a heat gun. Hopefully this will do it. It got to the point where clearing the code was no longer working and it would not start reliably, though it never shut down on me.

Tow Package | Engine/Tranny/TC Skids | Fumoto F102S | Roof Rack | USA Spec PA-11CHR | EVIC | auto dimming mirror | Yoko Geolander A/T-S LT225/75R16

Post subject: Re: Sierra Road trip, a few "no starts" and some codes
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:41 pm 
LOST Newbie

SFHLibertyCRD wrote:
SBrooks wrote:
What success (or lack thereof) has anybody had with the brand that ID Parts sells?

Steve

They sell the same one that is presumably failing, OEM Mopar: http://idparts.com/catalog/product_info ... ts_id=4484.

So unless Mopar has gone to a different supplier or improved the design, performance will probably be similar.

The Mopar one I got from my stealership says BOSCH on it.