It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: roadkill with crd
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:33 am 
LOST Newbie

Well last night around 2 am I hit a 150 lbs + buck at 70/75 mph. Now to see what the insurance is going to do. If I knew how to post pics I would add them

Looks like I won't be going the jeep creep event as well. :(

Post subject: Re: roadkill with crd
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:20 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Hope you and any passengers are all ok.

Sold to LOST member my 05 Ltd, GDE Stg II turbo + TCM tune, SunCoast TC w. Transgo kit, Steiger window regulators, Samcos, Fumoto valve, 2nd gen filter head with Lub. Spec. bleeder, Hayden clutch & 11 blade fan, inverted spare, P-1 battery, BF Goodrich Long Trail TAs, Etecno1 glow plugs, timing belt at 50K miles/8 yrs

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:10 pm 
LOST Newbie

Yea everyone is good , messed the jeep up good thou. I'm just glad no one else was on the road. The buck took out the whole right front and fender and it's antlers almost went thru the passenger door. Weird part is shortly afterwards my hazards stopped working along with my blinkers and my dash lights I'm guessing after it busted out the headlight, fog lamp and blinkers the circuit is open an that's why there aren't working ?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:32 pm 
LOST Addict

devilkin4 wrote:
Yea everyone is good , messed the jeep up good thou. I'm just glad no one else was on the road. The buck took out the whole right front and fender and it's antlers almost went thru the passenger door. Weird part is shortly afterwards my hazards stopped working along with my blinkers and my dash lights I'm guessing after it busted out the headlight, fog lamp and blinkers the circuit is open an that's why there aren't working ?

Glad you are ok.

You would think it would just act like a blown bulb and blink faster due to the lower load.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:53 pm 
LOST Member

Did the same thing in June 2013. Buck took out front passenger side lights, grill, hood and fender. When it spun around dented both doors on passenger side. $5500 later all is well. I thought the Liberty held up well with that kind of hit. Parts prices are high if you want OEM materials. I did a lot of boneyard searching. Car-Part.com is a great site to use.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:57 pm 
LOST Addict

Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell... But it is really hot here on Earth...
Check the passenger cage for dents - Start at the base of the A pillar at the firewall, all the way around the boundary of the doors / roof / floorline and look for any evidence of tweaking. If there is, or if the windshield broke because of any twisting, they will instantly total it. The passenger cage is sacrosanct and cannot be repaired to their standards.

Glad everyone is OK.

Sounds like you have electrical problems though, once the wiring is cleaned out - there is probably a short to ground from the damage behind the light - look for blown fuses. That should get your lights and dash back. Did the airbags deploy?

Did you at least take the bugger as a hostage to your local butcher? You deserve a big steak for the problems he just cost you.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:02 pm 
LOST Newbie

No airbags deployed which is good. That would have been one hell of a way to wake the wife who was sleeping. I'm sure the wiring has to do with something I did when I was grabbing pieces of plastic an glass from the headlight so it couldnt go into the engine bay when I limped it home. IF it is totaled I'm going to keep it and I could put the drive train in my 27 roadster I'm building it would be really cool for a rat rod powered vm motori

Yes I took him home and I'm going to make a cool skull mount. I guess it was pay back since I have about 200 lbs of venison in the freezer. Since I've snuck up an gotten a bunch of them it was only time before they sent one after me LOL

And I literally just put brand new tires on her and they had less than 20 miles before I smeared the buck

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:04 pm 
LOST Newbie

Just heard from the dealer 6k worth of damage and it should be fixed by November 5th.