It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Where to Buy Front Control Module 2005 Liberty CRD
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:23 pm 
LOST Newbie

Any suggestions on where to purchase a new FCM for my 2005 Liberty?

Post subject: Re: Where to Buy Front Control Module 2005 Liberty CRD
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:54 pm 
LOST Newbie

I have a follow up question as well. The dealership said this module was the Front Control Module. While searching online, I found a picture of the part and it was titled a Glow Plug Module. The pic matched my part. The part number is 56044599AF. I want to confirm which module this is, and if it has to be programmed...

The module was removed from behind the right head light area, under the fuse box. I will try to post a pic.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:20 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

That -599 is the FC Module - several are listed on eBay at this time - the gasser KJ does not use the module, so any you see for the LIBERTY KJ are for the Diesel

The glow plug module looks like a black rectangular relay, rear of the battery tray - 56044671AC

SEGR; Provent; Magnaflow;
Suncoast T\C, Transgo Tow'n'Go switch;
Cummins LP module, Fleetguard filter, Filterminder
2.5" Daystar f, OME r; Ranchos; K80767's, Al's lifted uppers
Rubicons, 2.55 Goodyears
Four in a row really makes it go

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:35 pm 
LOST Newbie

So does the FC Module have to be programmed or is it plug and ready? Dealership indicated it was a three hour process. Also said the module was 600 but ive found online for 220. Also indicated that the module was vehicle specific and buying used would potentially cause ongoing issues and codes. All responses appreciated.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:19 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Glow plug module - by itself is not programmed - but it different on 7v vs 5v glow plugs - and that change has to be programmed.
but it also costs about $40.

the -599 module - Google lists as a Gateway module - lists about $300 - don't know if it's programmed.

didn't see anything in the parts manual called a Front Control Module - many other modules - may list as a different name

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:37 pm 
LOST Newbie

The part number is 56044599AF. Online indicates Gateway Module. Anyone know if this must be programmed?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:11 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Item: 360720900320 on eBay - $60.00 - does not require programming - P56044599AF Front Control Module = FCM = Gateway module, alla same-same, no sweat, G.I. ................................

What's put a bee in your bonnet vis a vis this module vs all the others under the hood?

Ok, neb'mind - just read thru your 'nuther post, so B4 you plug in a 'nuther FCM you'll need to check the wiring in the connectors within the area of greatest melting, noting the colors and tracing back to the components served - while it may well be the FCM, it would be well to eliminate any other causitive failure.

Rubicons, 2.55 Goodyears

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:01 am 
LOST Newbie

My FCM/Gateway Chrysler Dodge part # 56044599AF just went out also. Went to local stealership and want $374.23.

Timing Belt Change at 76,000 miles (10 years old)
GDE FT ECO tune
Samco's (Red)
FCV Elbow Kit
Removed FCV/EGR/Cooler and all coolant hoses on driver side
No Muffler, Cat only and 2 1/2" straight pipe
86k miles (Original Owner)
Build Date Apr/05

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:36 pm 
LOST Newbie

Maver1ck wrote:
My FCM/Gateway Chrysler Dodge part # 56044599AF just went out also. Went to local stealership and want $374.23.

Just found it for $211.60. What are the symptoms of your troubles that make you want to replace that part?

http://stores.revolutionparts.com/mopar ... 56044599AF

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:43 pm 
LOST Newbie

wif ,faulty fuel gauge, low oil pressure light, and A/C wont run. Replaced the ECU, tore the old one apart and found 3 circuits burnt, and still had same problem. Chased down ever ground wire I could find looking for problem. Then dug into a wire digram for the FCM/MODULE-GATEWAY and found that all my problems were in the FCM, only circuit I have working is the generator/alternator. Once the new FCM comes in I post if it fixed the problems.
Ordered mine thru:
http://stores.revolutionparts.com/tasca ... 56044599AF

GDE FT ECO tune
Samco's (Red)
FCV Elbow Kit
Build Date Apr/05

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:46 am 
LOST Newbie

Maver1ck wrote:
wif ,faulty fuel gauge, low oil pressure light, and A/C wont run. Replaced the ECU, tore the old one apart and found 3 circuits burnt, and still had same problem. Chased down ever ground wire I could find looking for problem. Then dug into a wire digram for the FCM/MODULE-GATEWAY and found that all my problems were in the FCM, only circuit I have working is the generator/alternator. Once the new FCM comes in I post if it fixed the problems.
Ordered mine thru:

Your troubles seem definitely different than mine. I've been advised by a good mate from another forum to search in that direction for my troubles but after what you describe I doubt that my problems come from the FCM.

My KJ is 2.8CRD 2006 Limited 6 Speed Manual RHD UK Market.

Here are the DTCs my mate got out last week from his Autel Maxidas:

Please tell me what you think:

First reading:
C102A. Stored. Left Rear wheel speed sensor. Comparative performance.
U0429. Stored. Implausible data received from steering control module.
C1219. Stored. Steering Angle Sensor Erratic Performance.
C121C. Stored. Torque request signal denied.

Second reading:
C2102. Stored. System Voltage Low.
C1219. Active. Steering Angle Sensor Erratic Performance.

C123F. Stored. Steering Angle Sensor comparative performance.
C1240. Stored. Steering Angle Sensor overtravel performance.

He then erased everything after I had taken pictures of each screen and the Last reading shows this:
C1219. Active. Steering Angle Sensor Erratic Performance.

I then concluded that the steering Angle sensor must be faulty but impossible to find that part number on All Data DIY or in the KJ Service Manual. I found a steering Air Bag/Clock spring module (Part no 56010619AG) so I thought that must be the same part but please tell me if I am wrong.

I ordered that part 2 days ago from Moparamerica and was told the following day that this part is not available and Mopar has no ETA for it.

I tried Jeepsareus.com and spoke online to a guy called Jon who told me that part has not been available from Mopar since February 2014 and Mopar has no ETA as when they will supply this part again.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:36 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Most of those signls are referred to ECM thru FCM: ABS, SAS module - Steering Angle Sensor data is on the Can bus thru the FCM - still could be the FCM, maybe intermittent connections - try disconnecting the FCM connectors, then re-inserting them, see if that helps

Rubicons, 2.55 Goodyears

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:25 pm 
LOST Member

Maver1ck wrote:
Ordered mine thru:

I will definitely be interested in what you find because I was heading towards ECU after talking to paqclan. My problem is identical to yours. If fcm fixes it may end up having to try that first.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:03 pm 
LOST Newbie

gmctd wrote:
Most of those signls are referred to ECM thru FCM: ABS, SAS module - Steering Angle Sensor data is on the Can bus thru the FCM - still could be the FCM, maybe intermittent connections - try disconnecting the FCM connectors, then re-inserting them, see if that helps

Thanks for the info GMCTD, I will certainly search that way then.

Could you please tell me where did you find this info so I can have a look. Thank you.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:08 pm 
LOST Newbie

56044599AF is the Front Control Module. 2005 Liberty CRD it is also called a Gateway module
I replaced it and no luck. It has a good ground and 12v B+ going to it but no 5+ volt out, but the ground out is good :banghead: :furious:

the Front Control Module (Gateway module)controls the fuel level sensor, low oil pressure light, A/C pressure sensor, generator/alternator field control, and Water In Fuel Sensor

GDE FT ECO tune
Samco's (Red)
FCV Elbow Kit
Build Date Apr/05

Last edited by Maver1ck on Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:50 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

The FCM\Gateway module is a data communication traffic manager, similar to a router, required because the CRD KJ has separate Engine and Transmission Control Modules - it passes sensor and other data back and forth amongst all the various intelligent drivetrain modules: ECM, TCM, ABS, BCM, SAS, etc and the semi-intelligent instrument cluster - being mounted directly beneath the battery, directly behind the radiator bulkhead, it is subjected to the most damaging ignominies of all the underhood modules - would not hurt to pull and inspect it and connections for corrosion\oxidation under harsher environmental conditions

Wiring schemes to and fro betwixt and between is found in the '05-'06 KJ Field Service Manual - some diagnosis is found in the '06 FSM - more specific diagnosis is found in the KJ Diesel Powertrain FSM and the KJ Diesel Engine Diagnosis FSM - both are currently listed on eBay right now - have not found a CD or downloadable source for these

'05 - '06 Diesel KJ's are identical butcept for the rear-wheel ABS scheme, so the '06 FSM with its enhanced information would be the better choice - both are available for free download from the Colorado website - should also download the '06 DODGE RAM CUMMINS CRD FSM for it's enhanced and KJ-relative material on the BOSCH CRD ECM system and all-encompassive DTC and diagnostic listings

Rubicons, 2.55 Goodyears

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:41 pm 
LOST Member

I may be confused by gmctd's response but I think we are addressing two different problems, so maybe we should break this into separate threads? One for Maver1ck's problem and one for The Big Boulonnais's problem? or at least label which problem we are addressing?

Maver1ck how/where are you reading the voltages?

I think this may be the start of a new crd issue. So far I have seen at least 5 that have/had this problem with wif, ac, fuel gauge, oil pressure. I know paqclan replaced fcm (did not fix) and then ECM (fixed). You did ecm followed by fcm which did not fix. I haven't started swapping parts yet only because I was hoping to see if you could resolve it, +have been pulling teeth for the tooth fairy to raise money to buy an ecm/fcm. And I read of one (ranger1?) who was trying to figure out the issue and someone else who was just going to ignore it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:58 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Try this----------

While measuring the +5v line, unplug each of the affected sensors one at a time incl the oil pressure sensor(the low-oil lamp is +12v. so that won't affect the test) - the +5v should return after you disconnect the failed sensor

Alternately, first unplug all the associated sensors then measure the +5v line to see if it is good - if not good with all sensors unplugged, the problem is in the FCM\Gateway, it's connector, or the wiring harness or connectors

I'll be back.......................

As I tho't, Front Control Module info, wiring, and connection is in the '05 KJ Diesel Powertrain Manual, but not the KJ Service Manual, which is for the gasoline-fueled versions - both versions are available on the Colorado website - look in the FSM INDEX for direction

Rubicons, 2.55 Goodyears

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:21 pm 
LOST Newbie

At last we have solved the mystery on "MY" Jeep. We put a new oil sending unit in a few weeks ago and it ran fine. Recently it shorted out the 5 volt reference of the FCM. So I recommend if anyone is having a similar problem (Water in fuel, fuel level sender, oil pressure, AC High Pressure/Low pressure). Check for 5 volt sensor supply out of the FCM pin #16 (brown and light green wire). If it reads anything less than 5v start at the:
FCM (Gateway module)controls, remove the connectors at the following locations; the fuel level sensor, low oil pressure light, A/C pressure sensor, generator/alternator field control, and Water In Fuel Sensor. Hope this helps someone else as I have spent way to much time chasing gremlins on my Jeep.

GDE FT ECO tune
Samco's (Red)
FCV Elbow Kit
Build Date Apr/05

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:45 am 
LOST Member

#1 thank you very much for posting this. I believe I have the same/similar problem. I recently clipped a wire(s) while working on my bumper (brown with white stripe, black (could be brown) with green stripe, and just brown). After clipping the wires I had an oil pressure light, I repaired the wires and that light went away. Two weeks later I got the Water in fuel, fuel level sender, oil pressure, no A/C. I already rechecked the wires to include soldering them so that should not be the issue. Other things that I have worked on since August was the blower motor resistor (upgraded to sebring model) and I changed the oil pressure sensor underneath the jeep.

I am not the best mechanic so I may need some help on this one. Understand you ran the wires to determine voltage. I don't have a voltage meter, so I will need to go get one, any recommendations? I have looked at the FCM, when you say the out supply which one are you referring to? Final question is did you replace the sensor to fix the problem or the connector? Sorry for all the questions I am a visual guy so I am trying to picture the issue in my head. I will download the FSM to try and find all the sensors. Again thank you for posting this.