It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Engine oil and flush
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:36 am 
LOST Member

Changed the motor oil and filter about 500 miles ago and the oil went black with in about 100 miles. So adding a can of engine flush for 10 minutes at fast idle, drained replaced the filter again added new oil 400 miles on and the oil is so clean its hard to read the dipstick. I kept the old oil let it settle for a couple of days. There must be an 1" of cr-p in the bottom of the container. I was always sceptical about using an engine flush but no more it really dose work and the motor is so much better.

Post subject: Re: Engine oil and flush
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:39 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

You'll get the same effect with an EGR Delete and/or ECO Tune and about 4-5 oil changes.

This one is permanent though.

GDE ECO Tune / Fumoto Valve / E-Tecno GX3123 7v Glow Plugs / 2nd Gen Fuel Head / Mishimoto RED Hoses / Rockers/Lifters @ 114k / Hayden FC + 11 Blade Nylon / Sears P1 Battery / Transgo 45RFE-HD2 Reprogramming Kit / Timken Front Bearings

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:06 am 
LOST Member

Hexus wrote:
You'll get the same effect with an EGR Delete and/or ECO Tune and about 4-5 oil changes.

This one is permanent though.

I removed the EGR valve about 2 months ago, was one of my first jobs. Just recently had a remap called stage 2 here. Have to be a bit light footed with the extra BHP and torque with the flimsy merc manual gearbox.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:11 pm 
LOST Newbie

They did not sell them in manual over here in the states. I would love to get my hands on a manual trans setup....Want to help? :D Are the manuals weak?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:53 pm 
LOST Member

RockyMountainYote wrote:
They did not sell them in manual over here in the states. I would love to get my hands on a manual trans setup....Want to help? :D Are the manuals weak?

The six speed manual is made by Mercedes benz its used in the ML and Sprinter van and possibly others. The Jeep crd even as standard gives more torque than the maximum torque ratting for the gearbox. But I drive around most of the time below the 2000rpm range for fuel economy, Just give it a blast sometimes to out drag the Land Rover Sport sitting at the lights.
My previous crd was an auto and thought about doing a manual swap but there is a lot more to it than just the gearbox? One thing though the 242 transfer you probably already have bolts straight up. Still do not understand why the manual and 242 was not matted together at the factory.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:47 am 
LOST Addict

RockyMountainYote wrote:

Yeah his jeep sounds pretty awesome. Renegade/6 speed/CRD. Manual transmissions really are ideal on diesels with the low end torque.

I have been in the netherlands all week and have yet to see a Liberty CRD, but I have seen a Grand Cherokee CRD.