It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: no start after timing belt changed
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:57 am 
LOST Newbie

I just got done replacing timing belt and other various associated components recommended on this site but now engine wont start. engine turns over fine I broke loose fuel line at fuel rail it is getting fuel broke loose 2 fwd injector lines getting fuel there also . anyone have any tips just when I was thinking this wasn't as bad as I thought it would be ! now no start !!! New update battery just didn"t have enough oomph I used a different battery it starts right up really weird it seemed to turn over fine but i read on here about the battery had to have enough amps for the computer to allow it to turn over so it seems to run fine havent been on highway yet just to bus stop and back and let idle about half an hour sounds much better with new rocker arms but seems like new thermostat is stuck open ! any tips ? thanksfor all the info on this sight!

Last edited by tjdrvr on Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: no start after timing belt changed
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:07 pm 
LOST Newbie

You likely have your last injector connector connected to the fuel rail solenoid. They are the same connector and will cause a no-start. All of the injector connectors should have a tag on them, labeling them as such. Also, the connectors have a silicone seal on them that will prevent a good connection when they get dry. Spray a light dry silicone lubricant on them so they snap in completely.

Post subject: Re: no start after timing belt changed
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:25 pm 
LOST Member

check your timing again just to make double sure its correct. Cam belt change don't normally disturb much else that stops the motor from starting.