It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: so my wife says either i have to sell the jeep or my cum
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:55 pm 
LOST Newbie

To answer your question, no it's not worth 14k. I doubt you'll get anywhere close to that. 10-11 is a maybe. We never get out what we put in.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:16 pm 
LOST Newbie

Snug wrote:
To answer your question, no it's not worth 14k. I doubt you'll get anywhere close to that. 10-11 is a maybe. We never get out what we put in.

Bone stock crd's sell here between $8,000 and $11,000 with 100,000 miles on them needing a timing belt replacement. So I don't think I'm too far off.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:57 pm 
LOST Newbie

Price drop to $12000 and not a penny less. Would trade for golf or Jetta Tdi 2010 or newer, can add a little cash if its under 50,000 miles.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:48 pm 
LOST Newbie

might be sold, buyer coming today

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:11 pm 
LOST Newbie

Still for sale, buyers wife said no diesels

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:32 am 
LOST Newbie

$12,000 or best offer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:56 am 
LOST Addict

Once you price it right it should sell relatively easily. It's worth somewhere between $9K-$11K to the right buyer, same as any other 2006 CRD at that mileage. Just because you take a car that was butchered and run into the ground, fix it up and replace broken parts doesn't make it worth any more than any other properly maintained CRD out there.

Sometimes you need to accept that your possessions aren't worth what you think they are. Not many people are going to pay for the love, care and attention you've put into it and not many people are going to pay a premium for someone elses choice of mods.

Remember this is generally not a good time of year to sell a vehicle which is likely going to push the price to the lower end of the scale. In a couple of weeks time it's also going to be another year older in the eyes of a purchaser.

Of course, if you can afford to wait it out you may get lucky.

Post subject: so my wife says either i have to sell the jeep or my cummins
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:52 am 
LOST Addict

dirtmover wrote:
Once you price it right it should sell relatively easily. It's worth somewhere between $9K-$11K to the right buyer, same as any other 2006 CRD at that mileage. Just because you take a car that was butchered and run into the ground, fix it up and replace broken parts doesn't make it worth any more than any other properly maintained CRD out there.

Sometimes you need to accept that your possessions aren't worth what you think they are. Not many people are going to pay for the love, care and attention you've put into it and not many people are going to pay a premium for someone elses choice of mods.

Remember this is generally not a good time of year to sell a vehicle which is likely going to push the price to the lower end of the scale. In a couple of weeks time it's also going to be another year older in the eyes of a purchaser.

Of course, if you can afford to wait it out you may get lucky.

That is very true. I have good thousands in mods and new parts in mine, if I would buy mine again, knowing what I've put into, but also trying to be "fair", I'd say it's worth 13k easy. But nobody else but me would pay that much, for 130k+.Every ball joint had been replaced (including the rear wishbone), every bushing was replaced (except the one on front diff), new front wheel bearings (skf), new tires, new shocks, brembo brakes, air lift for rear, gde tune, weeks kit, dual trunk batteries (for some that's a bad thing), new rockers (2012), new cp3 (2014), gauges for trans and oil temp, boost, egt and oil pressure, provent, oem skids, roof and front bumper lights, brush guard, I'm pretty sure there is other stuff I've missed.

I should consider myself lucky getting 11k for it. That's why, like any modded jeep, it becomes a car for life, lol. What I would do if I were the op, I'd take my time and wait, advertise the jeep on Craigslist, eBay, autotrader, etc, try now, try next month, wait a month then try again, you never know when somebody that really likes it will end up getting it for the price you want. As a joke, I think it's easier to find a new wife sooner than selling the jeep for what you want, lol. Good luck regardless, I know the feeling...

Edit: it may worth giving a warranty in the price, if engine was completely redone, give a warranty based on regular oil changes of your choice. You could also buy a warranty for the first 6 months and pay it from your pocket, the buyer can choose to keep it and pay for it himself after 6 months.

2005 kj CRD, samco, suncoast tc, provent, Kennedy lift pump, GDE ECO full torque, 2nd gen filter head, 245/70/16 a/t tires, mopar light bar, fumoto oil valve, OEM Skid Plates, ARB Front bumper and HD OME, tru cool LPD47391 40k GVW tranny cooler (stock cooler delete), FF Dynamics e-fan and shroud, rocker arms replaced, HDS2 190F thermostat.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:28 pm 
LOST Newbie

I'm not in a hurry to sell it, I kinda like driving it, but I don't need it and don't want to keep paying insurance on a vehicle I don't need to drive. I'm open to offers on it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:52 pm 
LOST Newbie

Sold.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:09 pm 
LOST Addict

Cool. Did you get the price you wanted?

2005 kj CRD, samco, suncoast tc, provent, Kennedy lift pump, GDE ECO full torque, 2nd gen filter head, 245/70/16 a/t tires, mopar light bar, fumoto oil valve, OEM Skid Plates, ARB Front bumper and HD OME, tru cool LPD47391 40k GVW tranny cooler (stock cooler delete), FF Dynamics e-fan and shroud, rocker arms replaced, HDS2 190F thermostat.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:35 pm 
LOST Member

thermorex wrote:
new shocks, brembo brakes, air lift for rear, gde tune, weeks kit, dual trunk batteries (for some that's a bad thing), new rockers (2012), new cp3 (2014)

Thermorex,

Your HPFP went bad?...any idea how?

Also, do you like the Brembo brakes?..was curious versus EBC's...what rotors?..May I get part numbers and where you bought them?

Air lift, been looking on Amazon and thinking of adding one. Help get the rear back up when I tow.

Lastly, what shocks?

Thanks

TB / WP / SAMCO Hoses - Dec '14 (93,000 miles)
Redline Synthetics (Frt/Rear Differentials) - Dec '14 (93,000 miles)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:06 am 
LOST Newbie

thermorex wrote:
Cool. Did you get the price you wanted?

Close enough to it to not lose money on it. Now I just inherited another one from a buddy and I have to start the process of putting it together.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:12 pm 
LOST Addict

Mike92104 wrote:
Keep them both, sell the wife.

:dead:

Maxxis 31x10.50x15

ATS42rle

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:38 pm 
LOST Member

^---LOL...

However, this is coming from a guy who STILL has a CB radio..(probably C.W. McCall 8-track too! ) :)

TB / WP / SAMCO Hoses - Dec '14 (93,000 miles)
Redline Synthetics (Frt/Rear Differentials) - Dec '14 (93,000 miles)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:04 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

ArmyChief wrote:
^---LOL...

However, this is coming from a guy who STILL has a CB radio..(probably C.W. McCall 8-track too! ) :)

When you're on a Trail ride - CB's are the easiest/best way to keep the group together.
definitely on the Moab recommended list

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:06 pm 
LOST Addict

ArmyChief wrote:
thermorex wrote:
new shocks, brembo brakes, air lift for rear, gde tune, weeks kit, dual trunk batteries (for some that's a bad thing), new rockers (2012), new cp3 (2014)

Thermorex,

Your HPFP went bad?...any idea how?

Also, do you like the Brembo brakes?..was curious versus EBC's...what rotors?..May I get part numbers and where you bought them?

Air lift, been looking on Amazon and thinking of adding one. Help get the rear back up when I tow.

Lastly, what shocks?

Thanks

My cp3 was actually good, the bearing started to make noises... I wasn't eager to open it up and replace the bearing while having the jeep unavailable so I got a new one.

Brembo is a brand I prefer, but there are also several other known good. I have both rotors and pads (front only), rear I have akebono and slotted cryo treated rotors, same kind (forgot the brand) I had in front and warped when my front calipers were dragging due to the rubber "piston" being swollen up... If you want part numbers I'd have to look them up, but both pads and rotors are from Amazon Germany and uk, I think I paid well over 300 for the full front set (pads and rotors). You may find comparable quality for half the price I paid. If still interested, let me know and I'll look them up.

Airlift I got from Amazon. There are kits made by Firestone and air lift afaik.

Still have stock shocks on rear and Monroe in front., I replaced the front since I completely overhauled the front suspension. Rear shock replacement is probably a 10-20 min job with cigarette break, so I can do that anytime if I have to. More than likely I'll get the ome lift kit since the front springs that were brand new in nov 2013 already sagged by over 1/2 inch. I'd recommend not wasting money with stock springs and shocks, just get ome as I hear it is a very good kit, good comfort and doesn't sag.