It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Considering a CRD........
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:37 pm 
LOST Member

thermorex wrote:
ArmyChief wrote:
Is this put inline with current CCV?

Its the same principle as provent, but I think there is no filter, it's just the centrifugal movement of the vapors with oil that create the "condensation". I know for sure there were people here using it, don't remember who other than camo. So yea, it's inline with ccv, an in, an out and an oil drain.

A LOT cheaper than Provent

TB / WP / SAMCO Hoses - Dec '14 (93,000 miles)
Redline Synthetics (Frt/Rear Differentials) - Dec '14 (93,000 miles)

Post subject: Considering a CRD........
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:43 pm 
LOST Addict

ArmyChief wrote:
thermorex wrote:
ArmyChief wrote:

Its the same principle as provent, but I think there is no filter, it's just the centrifugal movement of the vapors with oil that create the "condensation". I know for sure there were people here using it, don't remember who other than camo. So yea, it's inline with ccv, an in, an out and an oil drain.

A LOT cheaper than Provent
yea, it is, we need to find exactly what's the engine capacity of those bmw engines. Provent 200 I believe can handle an engine twice the size of the Crd. There are specs on mann site, I don't remember exactly... I already got the provent, way before idparts had it for sale, I paid I think 240+, that was before gde tune was available I think. But if this works fine for Crd, for 33+ bucks, it's a heck of a lot cheaper than provent.

Edit: provent has a smaller version, I think it's provent 150, but I wasn't able to find a decent price for it, but that was few years ago... Now idparts has a better price for provent 200 that anybody I know.

2005 kj CRD, samco, suncoast tc, provent, Kennedy lift pump, GDE ECO full torque, 2nd gen filter head, 245/70/16 a/t tires, mopar light bar, fumoto oil valve, OEM Skid Plates, ARB Front bumper and HD OME, tru cool LPD47391 40k GVW tranny cooler (stock cooler delete), FF Dynamics e-fan and shroud, rocker arms replaced, HDS2 190F thermostat.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:49 pm 

thermorex wrote:
ArmyChief wrote:

No filter, and most importantly, no pressure relief valve in case for any reason anything got stopped up would prevent the crankcase from going positive and possibly blowing a motor seal... :roll:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:51 pm 
LOST Member

WWDiesel wrote:
thermorex wrote:
ArmyChief wrote:

No filter, and most importantly, no pressure relief valve in case for any reason anything got stopped up would prevent the crankcase from going positive and possibly blowing a motor seal... :roll:

With no filter...there's nothing TOO get stopped up??

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:55 pm 
LOST Addict

ArmyChief wrote:
WWDiesel wrote:
thermorex wrote:
[quote="ArmyChief"]Is this put inline with current CCV?

With no filter...there's nothing TOO get stopped up??[/quote]

I think he's talking about the drain side of the separator, like the "return" oil hose that can get clogged, bent, who knows? I personally don't think this will be very likely to happen though... But definitely won't replace the existing provent for anything else, lol.

2005 kj CRD, samco, suncoast tc, provent, Kennedy lift pump, GDE ECO full torque, 2nd gen filter head, 245/70/16 a/t tires, mopar light bar, fumoto oil valve, OEM Skid Plates, ARB Front bumper and HD OME, tru cool LPD47391 40k GVW tranny cooler (stock cooler delete), FF Dynamics e-fan and shroud, rocker arms replaced, HDS2 190F thermostat.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:50 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

NO! You do not need to spend $1000s of dollars to make it reliable. My Sport with 120K has the GDE tune as the only real upgrade to reliability. Timing belt is a maintenance item along with wear items any other vehicle on the planet needs.

The wifes daily driver, and she overheated it a few times which meant a new head to fix the blown head gasket problem. Everything else I put into the Jeeps is extras, that have no real affect on reliability except for the ARP studs.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:04 am 
LOST Member

FLCV mod?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:40 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

ArmyChief wrote:
FLCV mod?

A check valve in the tranny cooling line.

viewtopic.php?f=98&t=55110

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:47 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

thermorex wrote:
I think he's talking about the drain side of the separator, like the "return" oil hose that can get clogged, bent, who knows? I personally don't think this will be very likely to happen though... But definitely won't replace the existing provent for anything else, lol.

Can see the BMW CCV unit on eBay, ~$30

SEGR; Provent; Magnaflow;
Suncoast T\C, Transgo Tow'n'Go switch;
Cummins LP module, Fleetguard filter, Filterminder
2.5" Daystar f, OME r; Ranchos; K80767's, Al's lifted uppers
Rubicons, 2.55 Goodyears
Four in a row really makes it go

Post subject: Considering a CRD........
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:53 pm 
LOST Addict

gmctd wrote:
thermorex wrote:

Can see the BMW CCV unit on eBay, ~$30

That's even better, maybe it has free shipping. To bad I have 2 provent 200 now, lol.

Last edited by thermorex on Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:45 pm 
LOST Member

It is the esc tuning one. It works good, however, the provent is more efficient but it is also bulkier and the BMW one can be install so it is not visible. Here is a link with picks and ideas to install it.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=64217&start=60

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:12 pm 
LOST Addict

You don't have to get gde tune or anything else to decrease egr problems you can simply unplug mass air floe sensor but you will have a check engine light on all the time

06 D Khaki Lim 126K wkII Eur TC
05 D khaki Lim 145k refurbishing
All CRDS: Fumoto, Lift , Fan Shroud mod, fuel head Gen II, SAMCOS,self TB, 2 Mic filt, Hayden

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:56 am 
LOST Addict

TKB4 wrote:
You don't have to get gde tune or anything else to decrease egr problems you can simply unplug mass air floe sensor but you will have a check engine light on all the time

I'm not convinced that unplugging the MAF achieves that much. I tried it for a few years before installing the GDE tune at which point I noticed a huge difference in the cleanliness of the oil.