It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Looking for PROPER EVIC for my 2006 Limited with TPMS
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:56 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

No, it became cost prohibitive.

The TPMS has to be programmed by the dealer.

It's something to do with programming the body control module. You'll need to purchase and install TPMS sensors in all 5 wheels too, balance the tires.

When I realized that the price tag was over $1,200, I asked myself, how bad do I need to know the tire pressure every minute of every day.

I decided to procure an old fashioned tire gauge instead.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:00 pm 
LOST Member

racertracer wrote:
No, it became cost prohibitive.

The TPMS has to be programmed by the dealer.

It's something to do with programming the body control module. You'll need to purchase and install TPMS sensors in all 5 wheels too, balance the tires.

When I realized that the price tag was over $1,200, I asked myself, how bad do I need to know the tire pressure every minute of every day.

I decided to procure an old fashioned tire gauge instead.

Oh, alright. I was just wondering if I'd missed anything having installed it by tapping into the wires, etc, and getting power at the fuse box rather than doing it properly. Sounds like result is the same.

Tow Package | Engine/Tranny/TC Skids | Fumoto F102S | Roof Rack | USA Spec PA-11CHR | EVIC | auto dimming mirror | Yoko Geolander A/T-S LT225/75R16

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:08 pm 
LOST Addict

Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell... But it is really hot here on Earth...
I installed one in my 05 a little differently, I ran 4 thin wires down the A pillar and linked them to the OBD port. Power, ground and two data lines.

The EVIC powered up the first time I turned the key, the screen for the individual tire pressures came right up and showed the numbers... And then that screen went away and never came back again. All the rest of the functions worked perfectly. I tried getting a dealer guy to let me page through a DRB3 and try to program it, he and I both couldn't figure out anything that looked promising to turn the function on in the BCM. I do not believe it has anything to do with the sensors however. It is in the BCM.

If the tires were low, or there was an error (dying TPMS battery) the message center in the dash and the EVIC would show "check TPM system" but not which tire. It didn't do that before the EVIC was installed though.

Email jeep [at] maincomputer [dot] com - BOARD MESSAGING IS BROKEN
Over 125 CRDs currently driving with my timing belt, rockers, or ARP Studs.
Bad noises = REALLY bad things.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:51 pm 
LOST Newbie

I just installed an 2004 JCI EVIC 56010438AD into my 2006 CRD Sport. This EVIC has the nicer display readout with fuel economy, trip odometer, temp, compass, miles to empty, elapsed time, and several other things. It also shows TPMS readings for 4 tires. The cluster odometer and EVIC trip miles are spot on. However, as others have noted, the fuel economy (instant and average) are quite optimistic.

EVIC Wiring:
I actually pulled the entire 2004 wiring harness that goes to the rear corner pillar. However, the connector at the back did not quite match up physically, plus in my CRD there were only 3 pins populated in the 6 pin connector where there were all 6 pins populated in the 2004 harness. That meant that another harness was needed beyond the back to front EVIC, Dome and sun visor lights harness that I had. So I went with plan B and did the EVIC module wiring almost the same as Geordi going down the A-pillar with +12V, GND and bus connections to an odbii connector extender and then finding the radio 12v switched wire for the fourth wire.

Dome Light Wiring:
Here was a surprise. Apparently they changed the 3 wire dome connector functionality in 2006. I had to swap out the pink +12V and yellow (dimming) wire connections to make the dome light function as it should. I chose to do this wiring alteration within the dome light and not in the external connector harness.

Since my Sport CRD did not have TPMS, the EVIC gives a TPMS communication warning a few seconds after each startup, so I have to press the EVIC Reset button to clear that. Since it is a 2004 EVIC with an external TPMS training mode, I plan to buy some 2004 compatible TPMS sensors and see how that goes. Any recommendations here?

Overall, I'm quite happy. I did this mainly to have the 3 button HomeLink which works like a charm.

Last edited by dalun on Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:19 am 
LOST Member

Have you used it to reprogram the rear hatch auto-lock yet or is that a concern for you? That's the main reason I'm wanting to add the EVIC.

1998 XJ 4.0L, stock with 130,XXX miles

First Jeep: 1962 Willys CJ-3B

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:37 pm 
LOST Newbie

Turning off the auto-lock worked for the 4 doors but not the rear hatch.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:05 pm 
LOST Junkie

Not sure why you would want to add tpms. You were lucky to get a crd without it. I bought a micropod/drbiii just to disable it on my crd after it started nagging me on a daily basis.

RUNNING B100
Pic of my Jeep!