It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: "Mature" Stereo Upgrades?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:39 pm 
LOST Newbie

Devilmonkey wrote:
i got one of these chinese android stereos

and a double din adapter ..... i'll let you know how it works when i get it installed

make sure to post pics of the install of the double din. I was looking at it, but in the picture they show, there is a big gap at the top, and i dont think that would look good to me. If it does fit well I would love to have my double din back, I spend about 6 nights a month in my jeep, and would like to be able to watch my dvd's again.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:42 pm 
LOST Member

Devilmonkey wrote:
i got one of these chinese android stereos

and a double din adapter ..... i'll let you know how it works when i get it installed

Please report back on how this one works. I've had two different Chinese Android units and they were extremely frustrating and not of any quality.

2006 Jeep Liberty Limited CRD (purchased 10/30/12 w/ 52k miles) GDE HotTune & Eco TCU, Suncoast TC, Amsoil Full SAPS (EFM) 5w40, Amsoil ATF, 7" touchscreen Android powered stereo (direct from China) w/ 4G LTE mobile data for streaming Netflix, HBO GO, Slingbox, Pandora, etc.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:10 pm 
LOST Member

jrcstudios wrote:
Don't forget, you can buy a factory Chrysler head unit used on eBay from a later model that has bluetooth support, and it will look factory. (because it is!) Lest expensive way to do it..

I have yet to find a "non flashy" headunit that I like better than my factory 6 disc changer. My speakers sound really good still. I guess that shows my maturity, back in 1997 I had a Ford Ranger that the entire bed was a speaker box ported into the cab...

--John

REALLY? I haven't seen that yet, do you know the radio codes for those that had bluetooth and are P&P fitment?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:03 pm 
LOST Junkie

RJM wrote:

Cheap head unit from Wal Mart plays most formats, Bluetooth, hands free, USB works great with RDIO APP. RCA outs.

Where did you get the vent hole gauges?

Post subject: "Mature" Stereo Upgrades?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:33 am 
LOST Addict

Squeeto wrote:
RJM wrote:

Cheap head unit from Wal Mart plays most formats, Bluetooth, hands free, USB works great with RDIO APP. RCA outs.

Where did you get the vent hole gauges?

Weeks101 sells gauge pods for vent holes, I have them and like them a lot. His website is https://shop.sasquatchparts.com. He has 2 types, look at his website for more details. Rjm seems to have a different "brand" and I don't know where he got them, but weeks pods are a very good alternative.

2005 kj CRD, samco, suncoast tc, provent, Kennedy lift pump, GDE ECO full torque, 2nd gen filter head, 245/70/16 a/t tires, mopar light bar, fumoto oil valve, OEM Skid Plates, ARB Front bumper and HD OME, tru cool LPD47391 40k GVW tranny cooler (stock cooler delete), FF Dynamics e-fan and shroud, rocker arms replaced, HDS2 190F thermostat.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:55 pm 
LOST Junkie

thermorex wrote:
Rjm seems to have a different "brand" and I don't know where he got them, but weeks pods are a very good alternative.

Ty

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:31 pm 
LOST Member

They are 3" slip PVC floor drains with a 2 1/8 hole drilled in the middle with a standard hole saw and painted with gunmetal Plasti-Dip (matches the interior very close). They fit perfect in the existing vent holes, and are more recessed into the dash than the Weeks version.

06 LIMITED 100000miles, MAGNAFLOW, HOMEBUILT CCV FILTER, POLAR PAD, 02 AIRBOX, CUMMINS LIFT PUMP, SEGR, PILLAR GAUGE POD, CAT FILTER MONITOR, SPYDER TRAX, ALWAYS A LITTLE TWO STROKE OIL OR BIO, WATER/METH INJECTION

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:15 pm 
LOST Junkie

RJM wrote:
They are 3" slip PVC floor drains with a 2 1/8 hole drilled in the middle with a standard hole saw and painted with gunmetal Plasti-Dip (matches the interior very close). They fit perfect in the existing vent holes, and are more recessed into the dash than the Weeks version.

They look impressive! Funny build though.
I would love to see a close up or get the HD sku :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:56 am 
LOST Member

couple of better shots
http://s722.photobucket.com/user/username400/library/?view=recent&page=1

correction: I used standard grey Plastidip and sprayed it through a tool box liner to give it the carbon fiber pattern. R

06 LIMITED 100000miles, MAGNAFLOW, HOMEBUILT CCV FILTER, POLAR PAD, 02 AIRBOX, CUMMINS LIFT PUMP, SEGR, PILLAR GAUGE POD, CAT FILTER MONITOR, SPYDER TRAX, ALWAYS A LITTLE TWO STROKE OIL OR BIO, WATER/METH INJECTION

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:05 am 
LOST Addict

thermorex wrote:
Good point, forgot to mention an amp. Again, you don't need to go nuts like teenagers do, there are small amps that give you 50w one channel for subwoofer for a very low price. The question is who will install it, if you'll do the work it may worth, otherwise you'll pay more than the unit, lol. Also, look for mini subs that include a small amp within the unit, the Cherokee one I have has everything in the unit, plus a wired remote for bass and treble.

if your headunit costs more then a sub and amp.... you royally screwed up! a 50 watt sub/amp is pointless. mids would sound better then a 50w sub. a 50w sub and amp combination would sound decent up to 20 or so watts continually. do it right the first time. the smallest amp and or sub combination to justify installing it would be 200w.

now, I don't have any aftermarket audio equipment yet, but I already know what I want exactly. Alpine amps and subs. yes, amps. not sure if I want to go with an audio processor from alpine or audison though. sort of swayed toward audison though.

Maxxis 31x10.50x15

ATS42rle

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:30 pm 
LOST Addict

RJM wrote:

Lol that's a very ingenious pod. How did you fix them in the dashboard though? Did you make holes or a cut in the side to slide in the factory knobs? What I like about weeks pods is not only the aluminum material, but the opening for the vent seems to be bigger than yours. Too bad those drains don't have a smaller outer plastic ring, so you can get more circulating air through. Regardless, few bucks and maybe couple hours later you made your own, very cool idea!

2005 kj CRD, samco, suncoast tc, provent, Kennedy lift pump, GDE ECO full torque, 2nd gen filter head, 245/70/16 a/t tires, mopar light bar, fumoto oil valve, OEM Skid Plates, ARB Front bumper and HD OME, tru cool LPD47391 40k GVW tranny cooler (stock cooler delete), FF Dynamics e-fan and shroud, rocker arms replaced, HDS2 190F thermostat.

Post subject: "Mature" Stereo Upgrades?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:57 pm 
LOST Addict

PALiftedKK wrote:
thermorex wrote:
Good point, forgot to mention an amp. Again, you don't need to go nuts like teenagers do, there are small amps that give you 50w one channel for subwoofer for a very low price. The question is who will install it, if you'll do the work it may worth, otherwise you'll pay more than the unit, lol. Also, look for mini subs that include a small amp within the unit, the Cherokee one I have has everything in the unit, plus a wired remote for bass and treble.

if your headunit costs more then a sub and amp.... you royally screwed up! a 50 watt sub/amp is pointless. mids would sound better then a 50w sub. a 50w sub and amp combination would sound decent up to 20 or so watts continually. do it right the first time. the smallest amp and or sub combination to justify installing it would be 200w.

now, I don't have any aftermarket audio equipment yet, but I already know what I want exactly. Alpine amps and subs. yes, amps. not sure if I want to go with an audio processor from alpine or audison though. sort of swayed toward audison though.

A 50 "real" watts is not pointless at all. I'm not talking about 50w peak, I'm talking about 50w continuous average power. A high quality car radio has 25w+/channel, but I one haven't seen more than 35w/channel, there may be some, I don't debate it. Again, not talking about peak stuff, talking about continuous average power. With 2 x 7+ inch high quality speakers that can handle 50+ watts (ideally about 75w+- again, not peak), and a 50w continuous average power amp, you'll have enough bass to almost pop your doors open and have everything in your vehicle vibrate pretty bad. And I've seen 50w one channel amps pretty cheap. Now, if you put sub and amp, an entry level would indeed cost about the same as a decent brand name car radio. Just wanted to clarify what I meant buy low price amps.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:14 pm 
LOST Addict

I understand what your saying. a 50 watt continuous sub would put out about the same bass as door mids. that's beside the fact the mids are in a crappy "chamber". yes the sub in its own enclosure, but 50 watts.... the 100 bucks spent on that could go toward better speakers and or a better head unit. put $500 aside to have a pretty decent install! or go balls to the wall like I am.

understanding that most people are not audiophiles like I am. im just thinking about the money involved. why spend that type of money on a half a$$ed system? like stated above, put that money toward better speakers or headunit.

isn't the topic of this "mature" Stereo Upgrades? 50w isn't "mature". 1000w is "mature", but that's over kill for some people.

im not trying to be rude, but it just doesn't make since to me or anyone for that size of sub.

Maxxis 31x10.50x15

ATS42rle

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:29 pm 
LOST Member

thermorex wrote:
RJM wrote:

Lol that's a very ingenious pod. How did you fix them in the dashboard though? Did you make holes or a cut in the side to slide in the factory knobs? What I like about weeks pods is not only the aluminum material, but the opening for the vent seems to be bigger than yours. Too bad those drains don't have a smaller outer plastic ring, so you can get more circulating air through. Regardless, few bucks and maybe couple hours later you made your own, very cool idea!

Velcro around the slip end

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:36 pm 
LOST Newbie

I have system I've been very happy with, have had 2006 CRD since new, installed this after suffering two years with stock stereo.
This system is the main reason I never sold it when I had issues in the past. This system ROCKS!
Alpine single DIN with CD/HD Radio/ XM/ Bluetooth/ Hands Free/4v preout.Dash Kit
Alpine 4 x 100watt Amp
Alpine 1 x 600watt Amp
JL 6" Components Front
JL 6' Coaxials Rear
JL Audio KJ Stealth Subwoofer

2006 CRD KJ Sport
ARB Bumper with Warn 8000
KC HID daylighters (4)
Full OME 2" Suspension
Sasquatch EGR Delete
17x8s with Nitto Terras 265/65/17
ARP Studs
Garrett Turbo
SP Diesel Programmer
Air Lift Rear
Safari Snorkal
Stereo
Remote Start
Lukas Dash Cam
Outboard Jumper Cable Block

06 CRD Limited/#2
Full OME suspension/Sway Bar Disconnects
ARB Bumper/ LEDs
SS Cat Back
Warn 8000
KC HID Daylighters (2)
Sasquatch EGR delete kit
ARP stud kit
Safari Snorkel
Suncoast TC
Alpine/ JL Audio
Clifford Remote Start
Netto Terra Grapplers 265/75/16
GDE Hot
Lift Pump
Sasquatch Battery Kit

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:08 am 
LOST Addict

PANHEAD wrote:
I have system I've been very happy with, have had 2006 CRD since new, installed this after suffering two years with stock stereo.
This system is the main reason I never sold it when I had issues in the past. This system ROCKS!
Alpine single DIN with CD/HD Radio/ XM/ Bluetooth/ Hands Free/4v preout.Dash Kit
Alpine 4 x 100watt Amp
Alpine 1 x 600watt Amp
JL 6" Components Front
JL 6' Coaxials Rear
JL Audio KJ Stealth Subwoofer

sounds like a solid set up!

you cant ever go wrong with alpine!

Maxxis 31x10.50x15

ATS42rle

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:33 am 
LOST Member

For those who are interested in installing a double DIN head unit in your Liberty KJ, Amazon has the double DIN adapter at a reduced price of $98 versus the normal price of $135. I just ordered a kit. I have been watching it for months waiting for a price reduction.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E8S ... 4GEGJCQIEN

GDE FT ECO tune, GDE TCM ECO tune, ARP studs, HDS-001 203F T-Stat, 3.7L nylon fan & Hayden 2905 clutch, Carter P76148M in-tank pump, Racor 245R122 filter head & 2 micron R25S fuel filter, Provent 200, Samcos, Fumoto F-102, Litens 920834A de-coupler, PML rear diff cover, OEM trans pan with welded in bung, JBA UCAs, full skids.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:15 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Better price on Ebay....$37.99....HJ

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331506870811?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

LED Courtesy Lts & Rear floor Lts, Halo Key Light
02 Radio Bezel with ashtray & LED light ☀lllllll☀