It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: New CRD Owner
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 12:05 pm 
LOST Addict

Boomenstein wrote:
Oh and when you say crank for 5-10 sec then wait 10-20. Do you mean wait 10-20 seconds or minutes. I was worried about burning my starter out yesterday so I was waiting several minutes in between.

10-20 secs should be OK to wait. Try cranking 5-6 times then wait couple minutes to be on the safe side, then crank again. Mine took 10 cranks easy after replacing the rockers, with fuel filter fully primed.

2005 kj CRD, samco, suncoast tc, provent, Kennedy lift pump, GDE ECO full torque, 2nd gen filter head, 245/70/16 a/t tires, mopar light bar, fumoto oil valve, OEM Skid Plates, ARB Front bumper and HD OME, tru cool LPD47391 40k GVW tranny cooler (stock cooler delete), FF Dynamics e-fan and shroud, rocker arms replaced, HDS2 190F thermostat.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 1:09 pm 
LOST Newbie

Well it started!
There was a small leak from injector 3 I didn't notice.
There is a lot of fuel on the valve cover from me cracking the injectors. I notice when I start it #4 injector spits the fuel on the manifold up. So I think I need seals.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 2:46 pm 
LOST Addict

Looks like you didn't change the fire rings for the injectors and you're looking compression. Idparts.com has them. Btw, those are one use "crush washers" and need replacement every time you remove injectors.

2005 kj CRD, samco, suncoast tc, provent, Kennedy lift pump, GDE ECO full torque, 2nd gen filter head, 245/70/16 a/t tires, mopar light bar, fumoto oil valve, OEM Skid Plates, ARB Front bumper and HD OME, tru cool LPD47391 40k GVW tranny cooler (stock cooler delete), FF Dynamics e-fan and shroud, rocker arms replaced, HDS2 190F thermostat.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 10:06 pm 
LOST Newbie

thermorex wrote:
Looks like you didn't change the fire rings for the injectors and you're looking compression. Idparts.com has them. Btw, those are one use "crush washers" and need replacement every time you remove injectors.

Yeah I did order them but am a little embarrassedto say they got lost :banghead:
Was just trying to get it together. Of course now I had to take it all apart again...do,it right the first time...right!