It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ARP head bolts 2 extra
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:29 pm 
LOST Member

So I have figured out the reason behind the two extra bolts.... apparently the market for the VM engine is too small to package 18 bolts so the "dealers" are selling two of the 10 pack kits used for the VW Audi diesels? Thus the two extra bolts?
Who is the guy that has inquired about the extra bolts?

Thanks,

Tom

Samco hoses
Weeks Stage 1
PMF EGR plug kit
ARP Stud
Cracked CAC repaired with epoxy filler

Post subject: Re: ARP head bolts 2 extra
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:43 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Not quite accurate. Way back in early 2012 LMWatBullRun spent considerable time and effort working with ARP to determine what ARP studs would be suitable for use in our CRDs. When all the dust settled it was the ARP kit 204-4706 which is for the Audi 1.9L turbo diesel which happens to be a 10 bolt head. Since we need to have 18 studs the solution is to buy 2 kits of 10 studs each hence the extra 2 when the job is done. ARP simply does not package an 18 stud version of the 204-4706 kit for anyone to sell.

Is it possible for someone like Corey at idparts to break the ARP packages down so as to be able to sell 18 stud kits for us and use the extra studs to build an "extra" 18 stud kit. Yes mathematically it's possible but is it possible from a business perspective I have no clue.

Several folks, myself included, have offered extra studs at a nominal price (mine are long gone) or solicited 8 extra studs so they only have to buy one 10 stud kit.

Sold to LOST member my 05 Ltd, GDE Stg II turbo + TCM tune, SunCoast TC w. Transgo kit, Steiger window regulators, Samcos, Fumoto valve, 2nd gen filter head with Lub. Spec. bleeder, Hayden clutch & 11 blade fan, inverted spare, P-1 battery, BF Goodrich Long Trail TAs, Etecno1 glow plugs, timing belt at 50K miles/8 yrs

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:52 pm 
LOST Addict

racertracer was looking for them recently

05 CRD: H.D.S2 stat,WW Ironrock trilink&LCA's, OX rear,ARB front, 4.10's, ARB bumper, Suncoast,OME 3.5, JBA UCA,rock rails, Moabs&265/75 Duratracs, GDE tunes ,FFD fan,ARP's, 2 micron fuel, new valves,sasquatch battery tray & grid heater, tensioner relocated
Mech fan, VH & AC delete

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:17 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I have 2 for sale as well, they are going for my cost plus shipping, I am not making 2 cents on them.