It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Upcoming Court Case with my CRD ? about Factory Service Man.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:17 am 
LOST Newbie

A few of you may be familiar with the legal battle I've been involved in with my CRD. You all have been extremely helpful in the past and for that, I am grateful.

I do have one more question, however. The .PDF format of the CRD factory service manual which can be downloaded on this site has proven to be useful, although I'm now faced with having to obtain the physical copy to present as evidence in court. I am needing this for literally only a few sentences in Section 9 (Engine) Page 9-206, it states the following:

"The rocker arms are made of stamped steel and
serviced as an assembly along with the lifter. The
rocker arm also has a fracture point. This fracture
point is designed to prevent engine failure if the
engine is not timed properly or the timing belt
breaks suddenly"

The wrench monkey (thank you Geordi for that term) who destroyed my engine to an estimated $5,500 likely failed to even examine if the rockers were toast before replacing the timing belt. His words to me after he botched the job "I took it for a test drive and while driving it, it started running bad again. He of course had an entirely different story for his deposition. After it started running bad, he immediately thought it was the fuel injectors causing the issue and took steps to verify his assumption, again completely ignoring the rockers.

Proving his negligence in this is pivotal in helping me win this case, but in order to prove it, I am now finding out I have to obtain a physical copy of the factory service manual which states what I just typed out in the quote above.

There was some miscommunication between myself and my attorney with him thinking I had the physical copy, when in fact, all I had was the digital copy, which is inadmissible in court.

My court date is set for 5-9, just a little over a week away, but we have to get past the summary judgement hearing next week first though.

So my question to you all, do you have any suggestions of how I can quickly obtain a physical copy of the factory service manual,stat? There seem to be a few options on ebay, but no option for expedited shipping. I also know this is a reach, but if any of you have one and would be willing to lend it to me for a short period of time, I would gladly pay to rent it from you. I assure you I won't have use for it after this and would promise to return. I also understand I'm a complete stranger from the internet and lending out a rare/hard to find, expensive manual is likely not the best of ideas.

After the wrench monkey botched the timing job, I had it towed to a Chrysler dealership in Pensacola and paid them $700 for them to tell me the wrench monkey did $5,500 worth of damage to my engine. Rockers trashed and also calling for new cylinder head. Granted this is dealer estimate, but I'm still out of pocket nearly $10K with this clusterf**k.

As it currently stands, I'm at a huge disadvantage as I do not have an expert witness to testify on my behalf. Finding one who is qualified and who I could afford has proven to be far more difficult than I anticipated. Additionally, it was requested that they be ASE certified, which has proven to be even more difficult as shops will not allow them the time off to testify.

If any of you have any suggestions, then it would be greatly appreciated. One way or another I'm going to wrap this up within the next 2 weeks. If I receive a favorable outcome, I will be looking to repair my Jeep. If I don't, then I will try to sell on here to you all first. It has just over 102,000 miles on it and needs to be in the hands of someone who appreciates it and has the ability to work on these things.

Thank you all in advance.

Post subject: Re: Upcoming Court Case with my CRD ? about Factory Service
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:38 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I have volumes 1 and 2 of the 2005 service manual and it does have the language you quoted on page 9-206. You are welcome to borrow the volume you need for the cost of shipping which can be done in a USPS medium size priority mail flat rate box for something like $13. Email me and we can work out details. I got the manuals way back when long before the PDF versions became available and essentially never use the hard copy any more.

Sold to LOST member my 05 Ltd, GDE Stg II turbo + TCM tune, SunCoast TC w. Transgo kit, Steiger window regulators, Samcos, Fumoto valve, 2nd gen filter head with Lub. Spec. bleeder, Hayden clutch & 11 blade fan, inverted spare, P-1 battery, BF Goodrich Long Trail TAs, Etecno1 glow plugs, timing belt at 50K miles/8 yrs

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:38 pm 
LOST Newbie

papaindigo wrote:
I have volumes 1 and 2 of the 2005 service manual and it does have the language you quoted on page 9-206. You are welcome to borrow the volume you need for the cost of shipping which can be done in a USPS medium size priority mail flat rate box for something like $13. Email me and we can work out details. I got the manuals way back when long before the PDF versions became available and essentially never use the hard copy any more.

Papaindigo, that is a very gracious offer. I can't thank you enough and tell you how much this will help me out. I will be sending you an email here shortly.

Sure enough as I'm typing this response to you, I get an email back from my attorney stating that receiving it by Thursday would be too late. I would need it by Monday, Tuesday at the latest.

Are you still in Tallahassee, and if so, would you perhaps allow me to pick it up from you in person? I live in Mobile, AL, but it would definitely be worth it for me to drive to pick it up.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:58 pm 
LOST Addict

Hatfield wrote:
papaindigo wrote:

Papaindigo, that is a very gracious offer. I can't thank you enough and tell you how much this will help me out. I will be sending you an email here shortly.

Sure enough as I'm typing this response to you, I get an email back from my attorney stating that receiving it by Thursday would be too late. I would need it by Monday, Tuesday at the latest.

Are you still in Tallahassee, and if so, would you perhaps allow me to pick it up from you in person? I live in Mobile, AL, but it would definitely be worth it for me to drive to pick it up.

It may be cheaper for you to just ask nicely papaindigo to overnight it, you will get it tomorrow or at the latest Monday early morning.

2005 kj CRD, samco, suncoast tc, provent, Kennedy lift pump, GDE ECO full torque, 2nd gen filter head, 245/70/16 a/t tires, mopar light bar, fumoto oil valve, OEM Skid Plates, ARB Front bumper and HD OME, tru cool LPD47391 40k GVW tranny cooler (stock cooler delete), FF Dynamics e-fan and shroud, rocker arms replaced, HDS2 190F thermostat.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:37 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

On the way

Sold to LOST member my 05 Ltd, GDE Stg II turbo + TCM tune, SunCoast TC w. Transgo kit, Steiger window regulators, Samcos, Fumoto valve, 2nd gen filter head with Lub. Spec. bleeder, Hayden clutch & 11 blade fan, inverted spare, P-1 battery, BF Goodrich Long Trail TAs, Etecno1 glow plugs, timing belt at 50K miles/8 yrs

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:38 pm 
LOST Newbie

papaindigo wrote:
On the way

Papa, I can't thank you enough for doing this for me. Everyone here has been so very helpful during this entire ordeal and to be quite honest, it blows my mind that someone would take the time, effort and money to help out a complete stranger on the internet. You all have built a wonderful online community here and regardless if I win or lose this case, I'm grateful for the help you all have offered along the way.

If you could, please let me know if the paypal went through ok on your end. I'm kinda illiterate when it comes to using that service, but it appears to have went through on my side, just want to make sure everything is good with that.

If I get past my summary judgement hearing next Thursday, then I have my trial date set for the following Monday on the 9th and will be finished with the manual after that. Once I'm done, I'll shoot it back to you in the mail.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:51 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Yep PayPal went thru just fine. No rush on getting the manual back just hang on to it until it's certain you are done with it. All I ask is for you to drop me an email when you send it so I'll know to keep an eye out.