It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Are You Having Trouble With Lost Jeeps Website/Forum???
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:12 pm 
LOST Newbie

About two months ago I started having problems with this forum/website loading extremely slow most of the time. Last week it started working okay again. I thought whatever the problem was had been solved. It only lasted one day. I talked with two other members in the last week and one of them said it is working fine, the other one said he has been having issues as well.

I'm using my iPad mini most of the time with a mobile hotspot for my Internet. Regardless if I'm in a place where the speed is slow or extremely fast I have the same issues. I've tried other networks as well. When I clicked on a link or trying to do a search or send an email, PM etc. most of the time it will take 3 to 8 minutes for the page to load. Very discouraging. Same results on my PC.

My download speeds average between 1.0 to over 17 Mb per second depending on my location (Via Speedtest.net) And as I've mentioned I've tried several different services and it has been acting the same. I'm able to get on other sites such as streaming the news from my hometown, eBay, craigslist etc. at the same time as trying the lost jeeps site. All sites work fine except for lost jeeps.

ADMINISTRATORS ANY HELP?????? Thanx.

Post subject: Re: Are You Having Trouble With Lost Jeeps Website/Forum???
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:49 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Running Windows 7 on PC hardwired to Motorola cable modem, Comcast internet, Firefox 36.0, speed test 3.6down/0.93up which is a bit better than what I pay for but not much. Site has been running fine for me.

Sold to LOST member my 05 Ltd, GDE Stg II turbo + TCM tune, SunCoast TC w. Transgo kit, Steiger window regulators, Samcos, Fumoto valve, 2nd gen filter head with Lub. Spec. bleeder, Hayden clutch & 11 blade fan, inverted spare, P-1 battery, BF Goodrich Long Trail TAs, Etecno1 glow plugs, timing belt at 50K miles/8 yrs

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:57 pm 
LOST Addict

Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell... But it is really hot here on Earth...
I use a wireless hotspot for my internet too - either a dedicated device connected through a router so the whole house can share, or my iphone directly connected to my computer - I'm sometimes hit around 8-9MB/sec (that is megaBYTE not megabit) with T-mobile, and use about 30gig/month on this computer.

I haven't had any issues at all with LOST, any speed issues are across all sites when / if they happen. Are you using a different DNS server setting, or just whatever your provider gives you?

Maybe go into your computer and set these under the network settings for DNS servers. I saw a nice speed boost when I did this.

Those are free-to-use DNS servers and will work anywhere in the USA.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:44 pm 
LOST Newbie

Thank you Georgi for the info. I Don't believe that is the problem but you never know. I'm fairly computer savvy. The site has worked fine for 2 years for me and 2 months ago major problems. There have not been any changes in my connections\service in that time. Another user expresses the same thing. I use my IPad 95% of the time. I've Performed multiple resets, Stood on top of my roof facing north, east, south, west, with aluminum foil on my head and no change other than my neighbors calling the psych ward for an evaluation. As I mentioned it doesn't matter where I'm at or what the speed is and it is megabytes not megabits, sorry for miss typing, I was voice texting, It happens. As I mentioned I'm able to stream local news just fine and then switch directly over to lost jeeps page and Get a 2-8 minute delay per page, I'm simply perplexed. My entire internet is mobile and not changed since May 2013. Everything works except Lost Jeeps over the past 2 months.

To give you an example these are back to back consecutive web page switches I just performed. I go to lost jeeps page and click on the top icon which is the lost jeeps.com home page site. It loads in about two or three SECONDS, I scroll down to parts for sale and click on that, it takes two to three MINUTES to download. I scroll up from that page to the same lost jeeps.com homepage site click on it, 2 to 3 MINUTES load (Why)? I scroll down to the CRD love that Torque link, click on it 3+ MINUTES to load. Go directly to eBay, 2 to 3 SECOND page load, do a search, three SECOND download, go to craigslist three SECOND download, go to My news channel site, three SECOND download, etc. etc. this has been going on consistently for 2 months. I did see something weird with my DNS settings and changed that. Did a reset and yet the same results. Some of the Lost Jeep pages I go to take well past 5 minutes with no consistency other than 90%+ slow loading.

Lost Jeeps is the only page that I have a problem with. I did see a post from 2009 with the same problem but no results were posted. I will continue to find a problem on my end and will pass on anything that I find. I simply cannot find anything on my end.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:02 pm 
LOST Junkie

I've noticed the last 2 weeks lost has been incredibly slow, but seems kinda hit/miss. Some will load instantly, others just hang there and I have to keep clicking on the thread to "reload" it. I use my phone 99% of the time on 4G LTE network and every other page is fine.

05 Liberty Limited CRD, converted to KPA 2863 ball bearing and billet turbo, 50hp injectorsl, complete egr delete, cooling fan delete, weeks intake kit, cummins in tank lift pump, ARP studs, 3" turbo back exhaust, samcos, etecno plugs, GDE trans tune, custom GDE engine tune.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:06 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

My sister keeps getting virusii off FACEBOOK - they seem to effect similar symptoms as y'all are indicating, but only on eBay - all else seems fine - requires simultaneous resetting the HUGHESNET system and router - NORTON shows no problem resident on the PC B4 or after

SEGR; Provent; Magnaflow;
Suncoast T\C, Transgo Tow'n'Go switch;
Cummins LP module, Fleetguard filter, Filterminder
2.5" Daystar f, OME r; Ranchos; K80767's, Al's lifted uppers
Rubicons, 2.55 Goodyears
Four in a row really makes it go

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:28 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Running Linux openSUSE with the Yandex browser, this site purrs like a kitten for me. Only thing I need is an add blocker, the rest of the system is bullet proof.

When this site really goes down you will know it, they start getting lost refuges in the other Jeep forums, and make note of it. :ROTFL:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:34 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

no problems - Windows 7,Firefox.

new pages as fast as I click (hard line)