It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Anyone Know this Jeep?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:39 pm 
LOST Member

Sorry if it is alittle off topic. I have been thinking about buying a CRD jeep for awhile now. Well I ran across one at an auction the other day and ended up winning it. So I was wondering if anyone knows anything about this Jeep, or the owner? Just wondering what all it has on it or the history. I will know more whenever it gets delivered but that could be a week or so... And yeah I bought it sight unseen just saw pictures. Anywhy here is the jeep below.

I am almost certain this is the same jeep from this page / shop that sells lifts.. But that is about all I know about it for now. Any help would be welcome. Thanks.

http://jeepinbyal.com/liberty-2002-2007 ... ckage.html

Post subject: Re: Anyone Know this Jeep?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:52 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

ryanchris wrote:
Sorry if it is alittle off topic. I have been thinking about buying a CRD jeep for awhile now. Well I ran across one at an auction the other day and ended up winning it. So I was wondering if anyone knows anything about this Jeep, or the owner? Just wondering what all it has on it or the history. I will know more whenever it gets delivered but that could be a week or so... And yeah I bought it sight unseen just saw pictures. Anywhy here is the jeep below.

I am almost certain this is the same jeep from this page / shop that sells lifts.. But that is about all I know about it for now. Any help would be welcome. Thanks.

http://jeepinbyal.com/liberty-2002-2007 ... ckage.html

Call Marlin at Jeepin by Al - he should know since that pic was on his website for a good while. Unless someone did an awful good clone.

2007 Wrangler - traded

2010 Wrangler Rubicon

Last edited by John3:17 on Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:54 pm 
LOST Member

I was thinking about doing that. But didnt want to bother him if i didnt have to. So you think he would give me info about what was put on the truck or maybe who had the work done at his shop? Just trying to get an idea of what i have, and what all I might need to do to it when i get it. Thanks for the quick reply btw.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:03 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

ryanchris wrote:
I was thinking about doing that. But didnt want to bother him if i didnt have to. So you think he would give me info about what was put on the truck or maybe who had the work done at his shop? Just trying to get an idea of what i have, and what all I might need to do to it when i get it. Thanks for the quick reply btw.

He might be able to point you in the right direction. I dont think they do any work on Jeeps there they just sell the parts.

2007 Wrangler - traded

2010 Wrangler Rubicon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:53 pm 
LOST Addict

:shock: :POPCORN:

I've seen this picture many times.

Sky Slider
Hypertech Max Energy
K&N CAI
Gibson stainless steel exhaust
Blacked out
ScanGauge2
BFG All Terrrain 225/75/16
JBA upper control arms

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:40 pm 
LOST Addict

You should probably get a taller lift

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:31 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Where is the link to auction.

Being that pic is the same as jeep in by al also I'd worry if it ever shows up

sent on tapatalk

Wheeling an Isuzu Rodeo on 1 tons
and a Stock Chevy Tracker

Last edited by offroadohio on Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:45 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hope it was a reputable auction. That would be raising red flags in my mind.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:02 pm 
LOST Member

Here is the link at the auction.

https://images.copart.com/website/data/ ... 945_1X.JPG

I tracked down the last owner. Really nice guy. He gave me lots of details about the Jeep.
Not sure if I am relaying them all correctly so forgive me if i get it wrong.
Gold 6 inch lift package from jeepingbyal
Dana locker front, and Dana Rear
Eco Hot Tune
Upgraded TC
He mentioned some other things but they are slipping my mind atm.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:53 am 
LOST Newbie

I've used Copart a few times to buy/sell cars.
Link to actual sale page - http://ww2.copart.com/us/Lot/17373945/
How did this get water/flood damage? Try going across a river and get stuck or something?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:17 pm 
LOST Member

Out in a field, muddy tires, hit the brakes and slide into a pond. He said he turned the engine off and called the tow truck. So I am hoping its not hydrolocked. I will have a better idea this weekend it is supposed to be here in a couple of days.

Noticed you have a lot of mods done to your jeep. Are the floorboards monstalined or something else? I am probably going to do something like this as the carpet is probably junk and i like the lined floorboards better anyway. Any pictures?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:11 am 
LOST Newbie

My interior is mostly stock except for the double-din stereo/seat covers. The monstaliner is only on the bottom half of the outside and the roof. You COULD put bedliner on the interior floor, but there are a lot of wires hidden under the carpet that would get in the way and no drain holes, so you would need to drill out your own w/ plugs.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:03 am 
LOST Member

The jeep was delivered yesterday. Lots of work to do on the interior. Thus the monstaliner question. Probably going to pull all the carpet out, drill holes, line it and plug the holes. Try to do something with whatever wires are under the carpet so I can play in water and not worry. I mean its already been wet once right!? Me and a friend are going to try and look at the engine sometime soon to see if it can be fixed cost effectively or I just need to get another... Or for that matter maybe get another jeep and just transplant the goodies over... Also trying to figure out what size wheels an tires I should run. I think whats on there now is too small.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:09 am 
LOST Addict

You should put a solid front axle on this baby!

2005 kj CRD, samco, suncoast tc, provent, Kennedy lift pump, GDE ECO full torque, 2nd gen filter head, 245/70/16 a/t tires, mopar light bar, fumoto oil valve, OEM Skid Plates, ARB Front bumper and HD OME, tru cool LPD47391 40k GVW tranny cooler (stock cooler delete), FF Dynamics e-fan and shroud, rocker arms replaced, HDS2 190F thermostat.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:08 pm 
LOST Addict

ryanchris wrote:
The jeep was delivered yesterday. Lots of work to do on the interior. Thus the monstaliner question. Probably going to pull all the carpet out, drill holes, line it and plug the holes. Try to do something with whatever wires are under the carpet so I can play in water and not worry. I mean its already been wet once right!? Me and a friend are going to try and look at the engine sometime soon to see if it can be fixed cost effectively or I just need to get another... Or for that matter maybe get another jeep and just transplant the goodies over... Also trying to figure out what size wheels an tires I should run. I think whats on there now is too small.

Check the oil for water. If you see evidence on the dipstick change it.
Pull the injectors out, put a pybass hose on the fuel line, and crank it. Look for water blowing out the form the cyl. If it spins nicely the engine may be ok and you could try cranking it up.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:11 am 
LOST Member

I havent had anyone look at it in-depth yet. But there is a low coolant light, water in gas light, and CEL on. (Getting a scan tool sometime to see all the errors). But I decided I would try see if it cranks, turn the key nothing. So after that I messed with the fuel filter. I do not think fuel is making it to it since I pumped the valve on the side and let the relief off for a good 5 minutes and never saw any diesel. I also do not hear a fuel pump prime when you turn the key, nor do I even know if it does like some others do. I have no doubt this is all due to the flooding. I wonder if is it worth try to get to running and the water out of engine, or just take everything off of the jeep and put on a running one. What are your alls thoughts?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:48 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Do what Sir Sam says to which I would add do NOT try to crank it until you do what Sir Sam says. His 2 checks are critical to determining if there is water in the oil and/or cylinders especially the latter. If there is water in the cylinders and you don't blow it out (old motor cross trick) when you try to crank you will hydro-lock the engine and potentially bend all sorts of things.

If Sir Sam's two checks are ok put the injectors back in and trying cranking it up. To do so I'd be paranoid and assume water in fuel tank given the water in fuel light so step 1) undo fuel filter head from firewall (I think you can leave the fuel line from the head to the CP3 in place but you will have to remove the fuel supply line - push it off don't try to pull it); 2) lift if up to get at the water in fuel sensor, unplug sensor wire, remove sensor and drain filter; 3) reverse steps 1 and 2; 4) get enough "fuel line" (cheap clear vinyl tubing will do as this is a one time thing and it will let you see fuel movement) to go to a can with ca. 1 gallon of brand new clean diesel fuel; 5) prime the filter head (pump the primer, crack the bleeder for ca. 2 seconds, close bleeder, repeat until clear fuel with no air comes out of bleeder; 6) then and only then try firing the engine up.

If it fires up then immediately shut it down. At this point I'd consider replacing ALL the fluids (bleed brakes, power steering, transfer case, differential, and fuel tank).

Sold to LOST member my 05 Ltd, GDE Stg II turbo + TCM tune, SunCoast TC w. Transgo kit, Steiger window regulators, Samcos, Fumoto valve, 2nd gen filter head with Lub. Spec. bleeder, Hayden clutch & 11 blade fan, inverted spare, P-1 battery, BF Goodrich Long Trail TAs, Etecno1 glow plugs, timing belt at 50K miles/8 yrs

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:34 am 
LOST Addict

papaindigo wrote:
Do what Sir Sam says to which I would add do NOT try to crank it until you do what Sir Sam says. His 2 checks are critical to determining if there is water in the oil and/or cylinders especially the latter. If there is water in the cylinders and you don't blow it out (old motor cross trick) when you try to crank you will hydro-lock the engine and potentially bend all sorts of things.

If Sir Sam's two checks are ok put the injectors back in and trying cranking it up. To do so I'd be paranoid and assume water in fuel tank given the water in fuel light so step 1) undo fuel filter head from firewall (I think you can leave the fuel line from the head to the CP3 in place but you will have to remove the fuel supply line - push it off don't try to pull it); 2) lift if up to get at the water in fuel sensor, unplug sensor wire, remove sensor and drain filter; 3) reverse steps 1 and 2; 4) get enough "fuel line" (cheap clear vinyl tubing will do as this is a one time thing and it will let you see fuel movement) to go to a can with ca. 1 gallon of brand new clean diesel fuel; 5) prime the filter head (pump the primer, crack the bleeder for ca. 2 seconds, close bleeder, repeat until clear fuel with no air comes out of bleeder; 6) then and only then try firing the engine up.

If it fires up then immediately shut it down. At this point I'd consider replacing ALL the fluids (bleed brakes, power steering, transfer case, differential, and fuel tank).

+1 to this excellent advice, not worth screwing up the jeep more than it is, it looks like a nice rig and its a shame to break anything due to negligence...

2005 kj CRD, samco, suncoast tc, provent, Kennedy lift pump, GDE ECO full torque, 2nd gen filter head, 245/70/16 a/t tires, mopar light bar, fumoto oil valve, OEM Skid Plates, ARB Front bumper and HD OME, tru cool LPD47391 40k GVW tranny cooler (stock cooler delete), FF Dynamics e-fan and shroud, rocker arms replaced, HDS2 190F thermostat.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:20 am 
LOST Member

Anybody know how heavy the ARB bumper is? ( a lot more than stock)?
Nice looking rig with it. I see the flares need to be trimmed to fit the new bumper too.

Sasquatch elbow kit, samcos, GDE eco FT. 11-26-14
80,500 miles, engine is disassembled, awaiting parts 3/18
Budget?? Sure! 'Everything I have'.
New "Pet" name for My Jeep; 'Soul Sucker'

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:23 pm 
LOST Member

Ok, took the injectors out. Lots of water in two cylinders. Sucked it out. Could turn the motor alittle back and forth but not alot any one way. It was really hard. Not sure if it is supposed to be like that, if it was the angle, the fan getting in my way, or just because its toast. Tried hitting the starter after moving some fuses around and it clicks but the dash flashes.. I had it hooked up to a jump source. Not sure where to go from here, any help from the vets would be welcome. Thanks for everything thus far.

http://s8.postimg.org/3yuc5rzut/jeep1.jpg
http://s30.postimg.org/wcgao3229/jeep3.jpg
http://s21.postimg.org/5m2gyiwuv/jeep4.jpg
http://s29.postimg.org/igg58k9g7/jeep2.jpg