It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 2:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Liberty CRD project. Any advise and tips are appreciate
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:31 pm 
LOST Newbie

UPDATE: After speaking with a few folks. One friend told me that it’s a bad injector. My neighbor told me that it was a bad rod bearing

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:57 am 
LOST Junkie

To me it sounds like bottom end. Quickest way to test if it’s a bad injector is to unplug each one one at a time. If you get to one where the sound lessons then that will be your culprit

Post subject: Liberty CRD project. Any advise and tips are appreciated
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:11 am 
LOST Newbie

Check your rubber hoses going to the turbo, especially the accordion coming off the air box. They love to dry rot due to oil, and rip (right at the clamp usually, but sometime in the accordion ). Physically disconnect them and inspect. Then reconnect and make sure they’re on tight.

Soak #3 injector with deep creep, and get it out, if the code is on the cylinder for the injector you couldn’t remove. It certainly “sounds like” a spun bearing but before you go that route the other two should be simple to check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:01 pm 
LOST Junkie

also could be dropped exhaust valve so first thing would be to hook up mechanical oil pressure gauge and also we do a compression test and etc... but in the old days with old engines we used to remove turbo and exhaust manifold and cap the turbo oil feed line and run it. and will identify which cylinder is causing the issues.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:18 pm 
LOST Newbie

Greetings!

The knock could be a bearing or diesel fuel knock. Also looks like white smoke (unburned fuel) in exhaust. Check injector(s) first as that is easier than pulling the pan. A stuck check in the injector nozzle may be leaking fuel into the combustion chamber (we called those injectors "hosers"). Good luck!!