It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I need a Camshaft Position Sensor CPS, Where is the best pla
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:59 pm 
LOST Junkie

I need a Camshaft Position Sensor CPS, Where is the best place to buy one?

2006 Jeep Liberty CRD. For a mere $230 The dealer said I need a Camshaft Position Sensor. Part number 5140332AA

Is this one of those parts where it is best to use and OEM replacement? Are there other brands better or just as good? I like to buy the best quality of parts as is reasonable.

Where is the best place to buy one?

I struck out at idparts.com

The dealer can't get one til Thursday.

Links would be appreciated

Thanks

On a related note, How much would it cost me to get set up to do my own diagnostics? I have this: http://www.greendieselengineering.com/s ... ol&model=+

2006 Jeep Liberty CRD 142,000 miles New engine 2-2014, Green Eco tune, FS2500 bypass filter Weeks elbow, European Torque converter, brakes front UCA's wheel bearing and front hubs. Front hitch OEM lift pump
98 K2500 Suburban 6.5td
96 K1500 " 6.5td
95 2 door Tahoe 6.5td
94 K3500 cc srw 5 speed 6.5td
91 International Model 6 speed spicer 4700

Last edited by jrsavoie on Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: I need a Camshaft Position Sensor CPS, Where is the best
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:41 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Assuming you really need a camshaft position sensor and not a crank position sensor (a not uncommon failure due to heat but does not throw a code - symptom typically is no start of hot engine ok start of cold engine) then check out STANDARD MOTOR PC644 which is available from a host of suppliers such as Rockauto, Summit Racing, Amazon, etc

Sold to LOST member my 05 Ltd, GDE Stg II turbo + TCM tune, SunCoast TC w. Transgo kit, Steiger window regulators, Samcos, Fumoto valve, 2nd gen filter head with Lub. Spec. bleeder, Hayden clutch & 11 blade fan, inverted spare, P-1 battery, BF Goodrich Long Trail TAs, Etecno1 glow plugs, timing belt at 50K miles/8 yrs

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:40 pm 
LOST Junkie

papaindigo wrote:
Assuming you really need a camshaft position sensor and not a crank position sensor (a not uncommon failure due to heat but does not throw a code - symptom typically is no start of hot engine ok start of cold engine) then check out STANDARD MOTOR PC644 which is available from a host of suppliers such as Rockauto, Summit Racing, Amazon, etc

I am never 100% sold on a dealership diagnosis. It's a relatively cheap part to throw at the Jeep. Not near so costly as the diagnosis.

On a related note. I have an extra accelerator pedal if anybody needs one. It turned out to be my right front wheel speed sensor which was out because I needed new wheel bearings.

We will see how changing this part works out for me.

Thanks for the link and advice. Hopefully I will not need anymore help on this issue.

2006 Jeep Liberty CRD 142,000 miles New engine 2-2014, Green Eco tune, FS2500 bypass filter Weeks elbow, European Torque converter, brakes front UCA's wheel bearing and front hubs. Front hitch OEM lift pump
98 K2500 Suburban 6.5td
96 K1500 " 6.5td
95 2 door Tahoe 6.5td

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:33 am 
LOST Junkie

jrsavoie wrote:
papaindigo wrote:

I am never 100% sold on a dealership diagnosis. It's a relatively cheap part to throw at the Jeep. Not near so costly as the diagnosis.

On a related note. I have an extra accelerator pedal if anybody needs one. It turned out to be my right front wheel speed sensor which was out because I needed new wheel bearings.

Thanks for the link and advice. Hopefully I will not need anymore help on this issue.

I would really be interested in the accelerator pedal/ wheel bearing story.
Did you have a previous thread on this, that I missed?

#1 CRD, 174,000 miles. Eco tune, Samco hoses. Mobil1 0-40w used since day one
#2 CRD 143,000 miles. Bought used (unknown history) with 100,000 miles. Samco hoses.
Eco tune, new rockers, and 5 volt glow plugs installed at 124,000 miles

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:31 am 
LOST Junkie

jeepdan wrote:
jrsavoie wrote:
papaindigo wrote:

I would really be interested in the accelerator pedal/ wheel bearing story.
Did you have a previous thread on this, that I missed?

Yes I did. On a few different forums and Facebook pages.

You can search my threads on lightening bolt light.

The first time I asked, called around and took it to the dealer the accelerator pedal was Identified as the culprit. I swapped that and there was no change.

After more searching I found several different things that have fixed the lightening bolt light. Grounds, bad plug on the harness that goes through the firewall, bad alternator, bad wheel speed sensors.

Since I had 140,000 miles on the Jeep, I decided to do some preventative maintenance parts swapping without further diagnosis. I figured at 140,000 miles, some parts are worth changing as part of diagnostics. The alternator and bearings were old enough that changing them, just might save me a tow bill it the not so distant future.

I swapped the alternator - no change.
I installed new wheel bearings and was good to go.

98 K2500 Suburban 6.5td
96 K1500 " 6.5td
95 2 door Tahoe 6.5td

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:03 am 
LOST Addict

We have a few cam and crank position sensors, call us. Pricing is 30% under the best dealer price you can find.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:33 pm 
LOST Junkie

GreenDieselEngineering wrote:
We have a few cam and crank position sensors, call us. Pricing is 30% under the best dealer price you can find.

Since I had to pay the dealer for diagnostics, I just paid them to install the sensor. Bad move, But it's done. Thanks for the future info

98 K2500 Suburban 6.5td
96 K1500 " 6.5td
95 2 door Tahoe 6.5td