It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wet Weather Issues (Electrical)
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:20 pm 
LOST Junkie

Here is whats happening. This winter, in wet slushy weather, been having various electrical issues. I am going to try and remember it all, but things like my Air Bag light coming on, Cruise Control not working, and now, throttle is not responding, and ABS issues. Here are the various codes I have gotten, at various times.

P0513 Incorrect immobilizer key Immobilizer system
P0589 Cruise control system, multi-function input B – circuit malfunction Wiring, poor connection, multi-function switch, mechanical fault (Almost Every Time)
P0585 Cruise control system, multi-function input A/B – correlation Mechanical fault
P0504 Brake switch – A/B correlation Wiring, mechanical fault
P2120 TPS Issue??
P2125 TPS Issue??
P0564 Cruise control system, multi-function input A – circuit malfunction Wiring poor connection, multi-function switch, mechanical fault

At this current time, after clearing out the codes that I got this last time, I am still getting P0589. I can start the vehicle and it revs fine with the throttle, but then, it decides that it wants to just give me a little throttle.

I am thinking that there is some connection getting wet somewhere, but not sure where to look. I am trying to study the FSM. I found where the cruise control buttons go into the ECM, but that is about it.

Post subject: Re: Wet Weather Issues (Electrical)
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:43 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I'm not much on electrical system problems but 2 thoughts come to mind. 1) on a 06 you might want to unwrap and carefully inspect the wiring bundle that goes behind the fuel filter head. 2) cannot remember who but at least one member had lots of issues related to water with some sort of box that's apparently under the power distribution center in front of the battery (not sure what it's called)

Sold to LOST member my 05 Ltd, GDE Stg II turbo + TCM tune, SunCoast TC w. Transgo kit, Steiger window regulators, Samcos, Fumoto valve, 2nd gen filter head with Lub. Spec. bleeder, Hayden clutch & 11 blade fan, inverted spare, P-1 battery, BF Goodrich Long Trail TAs, Etecno1 glow plugs, timing belt at 50K miles/8 yrs

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:46 am 
LOST Addict

papaindigo wrote:
I'm not much on electrical system problems but 2 thoughts come to mind. 1) on a 06 you might want to unwrap and carefully inspect the wiring bundle that goes behind the fuel filter head. 2) cannot remember who but at least one member had lots of issues related to water with some sort of box that's apparently under the power distribution center in front of the battery (not sure what it's called)

Bcm? I remember the issue, and if memory serves right, the bcm needed to be replaced by dealer. Probably not a bad idea to inspect it to see if there is lots of corrosion.

2005 kj CRD, samco, suncoast tc, provent, Kennedy lift pump, GDE ECO full torque, 2nd gen filter head, 245/70/16 a/t tires, mopar light bar, fumoto oil valve, OEM Skid Plates, ARB Front bumper and HD OME, tru cool LPD47391 40k GVW tranny cooler (stock cooler delete), FF Dynamics e-fan and shroud, rocker arms replaced, HDS2 190F thermostat.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:17 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

front control or gateway module. See for example viewtopic.php?f=5&t=76601

Sold to LOST member my 05 Ltd, GDE Stg II turbo + TCM tune, SunCoast TC w. Transgo kit, Steiger window regulators, Samcos, Fumoto valve, 2nd gen filter head with Lub. Spec. bleeder, Hayden clutch & 11 blade fan, inverted spare, P-1 battery, BF Goodrich Long Trail TAs, Etecno1 glow plugs, timing belt at 50K miles/8 yrs

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:20 am 
LOST Junkie

I agree with papaindigo here...first check the harness behind the fuel filter head mounting is not damaged then check or replace the Front Control Module which is placed in a special place so as to pick up water! :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:12 am 
LOST Junkie

Before replacing the FCM I would get some electrical contact cleaner, unplug connections to ECM and FCM, clean with aforementioned cleaner and reinstall. See if that cures the issue first.

Provent @ 43,000 km
SEGR in progress
SAMCO Sport hoses @ 48500 km
Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac LT225/75R16