Post subject: Glowplug # 4
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 12:18 am 
LOST Member

anyone got a picture where it is , I still have the egr / fcv still on

I think someone said this is the easier one to get to

Post subject: Re: Glowplug # 4
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 12:34 am 
LOST Addict

Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell... But it is really hot here on Earth...
Hey Don,

There really isn't any easier way to find it than to have a look with a flashlight between the intake elbow and the fuel filter. #1 is the easiest one to pull (after pulling the alternator) if you are just looking to have a look at them.

Look for the black cap on the glow plug, it pulls straight off and it should "click" into place when you are pushing it back on.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 12:52 am 
LOST Member

getting codes for #4 and I have some ETECNO plugs , so gota get it swapped

this is on my 05 ( the Red one you did )

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 12:58 am 
LOST Addict

Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell... But it is really hot here on Earth...
I figured it was one of them - I did both after all. ;)

You should be able to replace the #4 without pulling much - it may help to unbolt the fuel head from the firewall and flip it upside down over the top of the intake. You shouldn't need to disconnect anything else except maybe the water in fuel sensor if the wire isn't long enough. #3 is the bear-and-a-half to get to, and the elbow has to come off to get at it. If you are going to try and get at this one, think long and hard about getting the elbow kit at the same time, because it really will make the job suck a lot less.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 1:38 am 
LOST Newbie

this is a photo I took of #4
when I did my plugs, this is what I removed

2003 KJ Liberty 2.5 CRD

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 2:45 am 
LOST Addict

Hey Scotland, try to get the vote right next time, eh? (I think you should be able to stand proud)

Politics aside, that is a VERY interesting glow plug harness you have there. Ours looks nothing like that, the long J shaped rubber collars aren't there at all. Just a short plastic cap with the wire sticking out to the side, and a little "hat" that you can push on to install or pull on with some pliers to remove them.

I think I like your version better!

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 9:47 am 
LOST Member

As others have said, it is best to remove fuel head out of the way for #4 glow plug. Put your fingers and "feel" the connector first between intake and value cover. There is a forum thread on how to change glow plugs which has pictures of the plug connector. I felt the plug and pulled it out using a tight grip. Loosen the threads with Koril soaked rag wrapped around the glow plug threads for 30 minutes. Then used 10mm deep socket wrench with 6inch wobble extension to remove the glow plug out. If it is too tight then use tighten-loosen-kroil sequence. DON'T USE FORCE ON WRNECH and BREAK the glow plug.

2nd gen fuel head with 2nd stage 2 micron filter, in-tank lift pump, G2 Rear Diff Cover