It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: P0105 DTC / Engine Code
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 10:41 pm 
LOST Newbie

So for the past year my 2006 Jeep Liberty CRD has had the P0105 DTC code. Earlier on I tried cleaning the MAP sensor, figured that I broke it so I ordered a new MAP and installed it recently. I then cleared the engine code and after a dozen start ups/trips its back.

Symptoms
Clearing the code would remove the light but the beep at start up and service vehicle text on the overhead counsel would always be there, a few times all of this went away on its own but not enough to make me certain its a wiring issue. Does anyone have the voltages that I should expect on the multimeter?

Start ups have recently been more difficult, I had it in storage over the winter and it seemed fine at first until I had to take it in rush hour traffic. Shortly after I had long start and a puff of smoke that quickly dissipated, blueish and a bit of white smoke similar to the blowby smoke. Once its warm it starts up no problem. Making sure the glowblugs are warm has not eliminated the problem but reduced the length of the start & eliminated visual smoke but I do smell more exhaust at the start normal.

On board fuel mileage has dropped (since the above incident) my normal city driving was 24mpg vs 19, figured it was just the stop & go driving. After this I hauled roughly 2,000lbs and got the engine up to 3500 a few times, traveled on the highway roughly 75 mile and my readings are still the same marginally better 19.7. The on board reading is alarming but could be an error as a round trip on the highway with that load for the same distance would put my fuel gauge roughly where its currently sitting, historically city driving and highway with a trailer were similar. I do suspect that it is a bit below the norm, and that I should be close to clearing out the winter diesel from my lines.

Any help would be appreciated, I plan on posting pictures/the solution to this once I find it.

Post subject: Re: P0105 DTC / Engine Code
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 1:03 am 
LOST Member

I have had the P0105 DTC for about 6 months. I usually clear the code and use the car but don't allow it to idle for long or the code will reset. When the code exists, my rpm is limited to 3000 and power is down. Are your symptoms similar?
John

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 8:01 am 
LOST Newbie

I was able to get up to 3500 with overdrive off while towing. Can't say for sure with OD on if I can get above 3000, I recall it shifting around there but I figured it was because I wasn't WOT.

the dtc doesn't seem to reset on me when I idle, often I let it idle for 5min-10m after I finish towing through hills.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 8:21 am 
LOST Addict

Read here:
http://www.greendieselengineering.com/jforum/posts/list/159.page

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 8:46 pm 
LOST Member

P0105 refers to the inlet pressure inlet sensor circuit which can be turned off by the GDE tune from what I have read. With that fault, my engine will not rev above 3000 rpm even in neutral. Have a look at the KJ service manual page 9-758 onwards for all the info on this fault. Only exists to check air filter for a restriction. Mine resets whenever I let the engine idle below 650-900 rpm for more than about 15 seconds. A pain in traffic, but once on the open road, no problem.

Last edited by senatorjohn on Fri May 22, 2015 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 9:02 pm 
LOST Member

Just read the bit from Green Diesel on the link given by flash7210. I only get those codes if I disconnect the appropriate sensors. Given this information, I will play around with MAF and MAP to see if I can cure my fault. Have a couple of spares to play with. Six months of other tests had me blaming the ECM. Might not be it after all. Was about to swap all the electronic modules from the other Jeep to see if the problem went away, but the multi select solenoid in the gearbox is coming up as a fault and affects driveability, so it is no.1 priority. The mongrel has also blown the ECM power up fuse three times, but I can't now reproduce the fault and engine is running great.