It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Furthest You've Drive Your KJ In a Day?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:00 am 
LOST Addict

the most I have driven mine in one day was a camping trip to southern West Virgina only weeks after I bought it. Drove from York PA to Walton WV which is 40 miles north of Charleston WV, over 500 miles in about 7-8 hours only stopping for one meal and a bath room break. I made it on one tank of fuel with some to spare. think I got about 28 MPG and I was doing 70 to 80 most of the way even in the mountains. The Jeeps seats and AC were good.... I drove the entire way and we were both comfortable.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:08 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Ok, not technically one day, but I drove from Lake City Colorado to Chicago in one go. About 20 hours at the wheel and arrived home just as the sun was coming up. 1300 miles.

Don't recommend it. The last hour I had the stereo blasting and the windows open driving at 70 mph so I didn't doze off.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:50 am 
LOST Addict

id like to drive to some of the national parks in Utah and the Grand Canyon with an I-40 return some of the way so I can drive through the petrified forest and see some of the stuff from old rt 66. I really dont thing I can drive on my own more than 10 or 12 hours a day in any vehicle.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:23 pm 
LOST Newbie

I am a on call installer/service consultant for iSeries IBM Equipment. I've driven my 2005 from Mi to Delaware, Down to Charleston & Savannah on vacation, Michigan Tech (farther from me than Delaware almost) ... all over Michigan, Ohio, Indiana. Nothing for me to spend 6-8 hours behind the wheel. No problems with seats/back/ride, etc... Got to admit I like my Liberty more than my wife's Impala for driving comfort. Something about sitting up high, with some head room.

I don't have issues with the noise or ride -- will suggest one thing, being an older guy (50's) for long drives, I will wear light compression socks I used when in construction years ago -- sure makes the feet/legs feel better after a long drive.

Just my daily driver!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:17 pm 
LOST Newbie

Santa Fe, NM to Rossville, Ga 1385 mi in 22 hours with husband relieving me for a few hours then repeated in reverse 4 days later.
Getting too old for that kind of nonsense!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:09 am 
LOST Addict

I drove from Jackson tn to ocala fl and back approximately 1600 miles only stopping for fuel and about 3 hour nap in a rest area to pick up an equipment trailer I bought on ebay. Left about 8am on a sat and got back home 10am sunday. It wasn't fun but don't think would have been better in a different vehicle

06 D Khaki Lim 126K wkII Eur TC
05 D khaki Lim 145k refurbishing
All CRDS: Fumoto, Lift , Fan Shroud mod, fuel head Gen II, SAMCOS,self TB, 2 Mic filt, Hayden

Post subject: Furthest You've Drive Your KJ In a Day?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:05 pm 
LOST Junkie

Longest distance was about 850 miles - Vienna to Bremen avoiding The Czech Republic, but personally, its not the distance, but the time. I've never been able to drive anything for more than 3 hours without needing to stop and walk around a bit. As for the seats, I like the seats in the KJ and find them to be as comfortable as anything else I've ever driven. My wife loves them and can sleep in the passenger seat very comfortably for several hours.

Light Khaki 2.8CRD: TJM alloy bumper; Skid Row &Asfir skids;ext. breathers; SAMCO hoses; Grabber At3 235/70/16; Fumoto; Euro TC; Odyssey PC1500;GDE FTEcotune; OME lift; lightforce driving lights;ARB diff cover;nylon fan+Hayden2905;ss vortex exhaust; Airflow snorkel; Frontrunner roofrack; rock rails

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:45 am 
LOST Addict

I've never been more than 70 miles from home in my CRD so the furthest I've done in a day would be 140 miles round trip. I simply don't trust it to take me any further.