It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cruise control wiring differences between 06 and 05
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:58 am 
LOST Member

I swapped wiring harnesses in the steering wheel to gain radio controls (of course also added the switches for the radio controls) and my cruise control hasn't worked since!

What's the difference between an 06 harness and an 05 harness? Can I swap wires around if I bought the wrong one on eBay?

Thanks,
Jieseldeep

Did you hear about the guy who was hooked on brake fluid?
He swears he can stop any time.

Post subject: Re: Cruise control wiring differences between 06 and 05
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:10 am 
LOST Junkie

JieselDeep wrote:
I swapped wiring harnesses in the steering wheel to gain radio controls (of course also added the switches for the radio controls) and my cruise control hasn't worked since!

What's the difference between an 06 harness and an 05 harness? Can I swap wires around if I bought the wrong one on eBay?

Thanks,
Jieseldeep

Download the 2005 and 2006 circuit diagrams here as part of the Service Manuals....may point to differences! :?

http://www.colorado4wheel.com/manuals/Jeep/KJ

Post subject: Re: Cruise control wiring differences between 06 and 05
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:44 am 
LOST Addict

JieselDeep wrote:

Thanks,
Jieseldeep

Any of the dash lights on? The clock spring may be damaged, or a bad connection on it. It could have easily died just from moving it around if it was on the edge of breaking.

05 CRD: H.D.S2 stat,WW Ironrock trilink&LCA's, OX rear,ARB front, 4.10's, ARB bumper, Suncoast,OME 3.5, JBA UCA,rock rails, Moabs&265/75 Duratracs, GDE tunes ,FFD fan,ARP's, 2 micron fuel, new valves,sasquatch battery tray & grid heater, tensioner relocated
Mech fan, VH & AC delete