It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: well...lookie here, not just Pickups.Read thru it
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:07 am 
LOST Junkie

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/fiat-chry ... 30431.html

seems that we will have the choice to get the libby repaired or taken as a trade in at above market price.

Fondness for the tractor (CRD) aside, given the expense of keeping them running this may be a blessing for many.

Post subject: Re: well...lookie here, not just Pickups.Read thru it
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:59 am 
LOST Addict

Yeah, I was reading it hoping that we would be included in the buyback for the two I need to sell :cry:

Trade in (rip off) for another Chrysler product :shock: This just doesn't make sense to me. I guess a lot of people might find themselves into a nice Rubicon or something though :JEEPIN:

I wonder what above market trade in will be for our over 100k CRD's will be?

05 CRD: H.D.S2 stat,WW Ironrock trilink&LCA's, OX rear,ARB front, 4.10's, ARB bumper, Suncoast,OME 3.5, JBA UCA,rock rails, Moabs&265/75 Duratracs, GDE tunes ,FFD fan,ARP's, 2 micron fuel, new valves,sasquatch battery tray & grid heater, tensioner relocated
Mech fan, VH & AC delete

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:13 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I didn't see KJ's on the list, Today show showed 93-98 ZJ Grand Cherokee's

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:43 pm 
LOST Addict

bugnout wrote:
I didn't see KJ's on the list, Today show showed 93-98 ZJ Grand Cherokee's

I read every article I could find on it last night, and we're on the list, but it looks like "cash incentive", adding the tow bar or new bolts to preexisting ones, and maybe trade-ins. how much the cash incentive to fix will be interesting since I've got 4 kj's right now :BANANA:

05 CRD: H.D.S2 stat,WW Ironrock trilink&LCA's, OX rear,ARB front, 4.10's, ARB bumper, Suncoast,OME 3.5, JBA UCA,rock rails, Moabs&265/75 Duratracs, GDE tunes ,FFD fan,ARP's, 2 micron fuel, new valves,sasquatch battery tray & grid heater, tensioner relocated
Mech fan, VH & AC delete

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:38 pm 
LOST Addict

Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell... But it is really hot here on Earth...
Mountainman wrote:
.... since I've got 4 kj's right now :BANANA:

And people have suggested that *I* may have a problem. There are meetings for people like you! :dizzy: :ROTFL:

:5SHOTS: :5SHOTS: :5SHOTS: :5SHOTS:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:22 pm 
LOST Addict

Apparently Fiat actually intends to buy the vehicles back, fix them, and then resell them.
http://www.thedetroitbureau.com/2015/07/chrysler-will-buy-back-then-resell-vehicles-under-consent-order/

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:17 pm 
LOST Addict

Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell... But it is really hot here on Earth...
Color me shocked - I wouldn't expect anything less from them, and I also need to read the fine print on this because I'm sure they will have managed to sneak in some weasel words like "we will buy back your vehicle for more than market value... AS LONG AS the vehicle is sold to us as part of a new DCJ vehicle purchase contract" so they can get you coming and going.

I don't know that this is the case, so please - nobody take this as truth yet, this is just my suspicion, knowing Chrysler and having zero actual knowledge yet. This is merely an educated guess. It will be interesting to see how close to the mark I've pegged them.

Now if I can drive / tow / drag / push a 97 ZJ into the dealer and have them give me more than market value *in cash with no strings* for it... SOLD!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:21 pm 
LOST Junkie

It look like there is a lit of buy back vehicles (RAM Durango, Cherokee a couple others) then the liberty gets incentives to fix or trade in value above market value

From Liberty to Fiat 500 or a Dart would be painless (other than driving the new cars of course)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:41 pm 
LOST Member

if anybody decides to take advantage of this and get rid of there liberty, i doubt after marker parts would make any differance on the resale/trade in value of your jeep. if anybody has a front or rear bumper, id be willing to meet them and switch out oem stock stuff for theres plus some cash. you can text me at 662 420 9794 I am in south Miss will travel about 350mi+

Last edited by MM53 on Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:25 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Well, Unless they give me a smokin deal on a Rubicon, Don't think I'll be trading in.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:22 pm 
LOST Junkie

Hmmm...

Looks like the Liberty is only a $100 gift card for coming in to get the hitch put on.

I will pass.

With Diesel the risk of a fire is less and if I allow them to put a "do not tow" hitch on and get in accident while towing I am most definitely screwed.

Really either way there is no good answer

"The Italian-American automaker will be required to offer $100 incentives for recall and service campaign participation to owners of 1993-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee or 2002-2007 Jeep Liberty vehicles, according to the order issued Monday by the the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration."

http://wtvr.com/2015/07/27/drive-a-chry ... to-do-now/

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:50 am 
LOST Addict

The trade in value of the CRD could cover a two-year lease on the ram ecodiesel. A good tune on one of those is netting folks 30+ mpg, on par with the KJ, if not a bit better.

Reliability of the VM 3.0l is still an unknown, but plenty of exhaust system issues. Chrysler might need some internal re-engineering/structural changes long term to improve the product quality.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:58 am 
LOST Member

The consent order requires FCA to offer $100 gift cards toward owners of these vehicles:

1993-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUVs
2002-2007 Jeep Liberty SUVs

The Liberty and 1993-1998 Grand Cherokee are under a formal 2013 recall for problems in the fuel system that could cause fires in certain rear-end crashes.

The 1999-2004 Grand Cherokee is not under a formal recall, but NHTSA is requiring FCA to extend the $100 gift card to owners of those SUVs to have similar repairs made. A FCA spokesman said the company will repair these later Jeeps "as part of a customer satisfaction initiative" beginning in September.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:25 pm 
LOST Member

GreenDieselEngineering wrote:
The trade in value of the CRD could cover a two-year lease on the ram ecodiesel. A good tune on one of those is netting folks 30+ mpg, on par with the KJ, if not a bit better.

Reliability of the VM 3.0l is still an unknown, but plenty of exhaust system issues. Chrysler might need some internal re-engineering/structural changes long term to improve the product quality.

Keith, Who is offering a tune on the new VM 3.0l? What type of exhaust issues are they having?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:59 pm 
LOST Addict

joelukex4 wrote:
GreenDieselEngineering wrote:

Keith, Who is offering a tune on the new VM 3.0l? What type of exhaust issues are they having?

Green Diesel Engineering of course. Check out the ram1500diesel.com forum for a review of the DEF system issues and very frequent regen frequency. Our tune solves the vast majority of issues on that vehicle and the new Grand Cherokee.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:05 am 
LOST Member

rjmaype wrote:
The consent order requires FCA to offer $100 gift cards toward owners of these vehicles:

1993-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUVs
2002-2007 Jeep Liberty SUVs

The Liberty and 1993-1998 Grand Cherokee are under a formal 2013 recall for problems in the fuel system that could cause fires in certain rear-end crashes.

The 1999-2004 Grand Cherokee is not under a formal recall, but NHTSA is requiring FCA to extend the $100 gift card to owners of those SUVs to have similar repairs made. A FCA spokesman said the company will repair these later Jeeps "as part of a customer satisfaction initiative" beginning in September.

darn it! I just had my hitch put on 2 weeks ago.

Cummins Lift Pump
Transgo HD2 Reprogramming Kit
DIY Rebuilt Tranny Pump
Suncoast Torque Converter
2nd Generation Fuel Head
Sears P1 Battery
Hot Diesel Solutions Thermostat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:34 am 
LOST Addict

I have my Hitch recall done in October, which was just an inspection of the existing Mopar hitch and bolts when it was in for sunroof drains. If I would have waited till now the new sunroof drain would have been almost free :5SHOTS:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:45 pm 
LOST Newbie

I have been getting regular flyers asking to have my hitch brought in for repiar. I bet This was not just due ot the saftey recall, but the fact that if they can fix the issue before this was decided in court they could get away with not having to buyback the vehicle if already been repaired. :wink:

Muffler & Cat Delete, Faucet Lift Pump
ARPS, Rockers @ 170K

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:56 pm 
LOST Addict

No buybacks or incentives up here :cry:. Our legislators couldn't care less about our safety so they didn't mandate a recall for this defect :roll:.

"Chrysler Canada has determined that an opportunity to incrementally improve performance in certain types of low-speed impacts may exist in certain vehicles. The company will carry out a voluntary customer satisfaction campaign to offer a structural improvement to mitigate the risks of fuel leakage in certain low-speed collisions. Chrysler will inspect the affected vehicles and install a Chrysler trailer hitch if appropriate. This action is not being conducted under the requirements of the Motor Vehicle Safety Act."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:47 pm 
LOST Addict

I copied this from the Detriot free press in the Chrysler buyback the Liberty is not on the list of unremedied vehicles that are eligible.

The buy back program applies to the following vehicles if they have not yet been repaired:

278,229 vehicles recalled on February 6, 2013 because of a defect that may cause the axle to lock including the:

2009 model year Chrysler Aspen
2009 model year Dodge Durango
2009-2012 model years Dodge Ram 1500
2009-2011 model years Dodge Dakota

36,710 vehicles recalled on November 6, 2013 because of a defect that may cause the driver to lose steering power and crash:

2008-2012 model years Dodge Ram 4500
2008-2012 model years Dodge Ram 5500
265,057 vehicles recalled on November 6, 2013, to repair and replace steering linkages that may cause the driver to lose steering power and crash:

2008 model year Dodge Ram 1500
2008-2012 model years Dodge Ram 2500
2008-2012 model years Dodge Ram 3500

http://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/c ... /30730931/