It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bought Libby a Companion
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:29 pm 
LOST Junkie

Well, after towing the travel trailer 3500 miles this summer, I decided she had enough. She pulled good, but it was tight with the 4 of us and the dog. So, Libby is now my work/run around/daily driver and welcome Ramberto to the family, named by my 10 year old (never told her that the motor is Italian).

Picked him up a few weeks ago on a Saturday, and by the following Friday, Keith's tune was instlled in him.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: Bought Libby a Companion
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:17 pm 
LOST Addict

Cool, I've been thinking in the past months if I should bite the bullet... So, how you like it so far? How's the mileage compared to crd, both towing and no towing? And what are your impressions so far? Please just refer to the ram with Keith's tune, I am not interested in how is it w/o it bc if I get one, it will get gde asap.

2005 kj CRD, samco, suncoast tc, provent, Kennedy lift pump, GDE ECO full torque, 2nd gen filter head, 245/70/16 a/t tires, mopar light bar, fumoto oil valve, OEM Skid Plates, ARB Front bumper and HD OME, tru cool LPD47391 40k GVW tranny cooler (stock cooler delete), FF Dynamics e-fan and shroud, rocker arms replaced, HDS2 190F thermostat.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 pm 
LOST Junkie

I only had it for maybe 150 miles before getting it tuned. So, basically all my miles are tuned. I did bring it up to IDParts and Corey took it for a ride. He was impressed with it, compared to his Untuned EcoD. I say the mileage is similar to a well tuned CRD. If you drive conservatively, I can get over 30 with both. I am actually thinking of atarting a fuel log of both vehicles.

Only towing I have done so far os a brief test tow after setting up my hitch. Towing numbers seem similar, around 15 (pet EVIC, which is very close compared to the ones in equipped Jeeps). Only difference, I got onto the highway, and looked down, I was already up to 70. Backed off and got to 65. I towed at 60 with the Liberty. I had my trans tune programmed to shift 5th at 62. The 8 speed in the Ram is pretty sweet.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:12 pm 
LOST Addict

Awesome, thanks for the feedback. I think I'll get one in the next months, I find more and more the need for carrying more crap and a light duty truck is exactly what I need. The mileage seems pretty good. Enjoy your new ride!

2005 kj CRD, samco, suncoast tc, provent, Kennedy lift pump, GDE ECO full torque, 2nd gen filter head, 245/70/16 a/t tires, mopar light bar, fumoto oil valve, OEM Skid Plates, ARB Front bumper and HD OME, tru cool LPD47391 40k GVW tranny cooler (stock cooler delete), FF Dynamics e-fan and shroud, rocker arms replaced, HDS2 190F thermostat.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:22 pm 
LOST Addict

ChooChooman74 wrote:
I only had it for maybe 150 miles before getting it tuned. So, basically all my miles are tuned. I did bring it up to IDParts and Corey took it for a ride. He was impressed with it, compared to his Untuned EcoD. I say the mileage is similar to a well tuned CRD. If you drive conservatively, I can get over 30 with both. I am actually thinking of atarting a fuel log of both vehicles.

Only towing I have done so far os a brief test tow after setting up my hitch. Towing numbers seem similar, around 15 (pet EVIC, which is very close compared to the ones in equipped Jeeps). Only difference, I got onto the highway, and looked down, I was already up to 70. Backed off and got to 65. I towed at 60 with the Liberty. I had my trans tune programmed to shift 5th at 62. The 8 speed in the Ram is pretty sweet.

Congrats on the purchase.

I test drove a grand cheerokee with this motor and its quick, a decent amount faster than my hot tune liberty. I would think with a tune it really moves.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:58 pm 
LOST Junkie

mass-hole wrote:
ChooChooman74 wrote:

Congrats on the purchase.

I test drove a grand cheerokee with this motor and its quick, a decent amount faster than my hot tune liberty. I would think with a tune it really moves.

I am quite impressed with it. Keith and gang did an excellent job.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:53 am 
LOST Member

I guess it's never too soon to start looking into swapping these motors unto our Liberty's.

Cummins Lift Pump
Transgo HD2 Reprogramming Kit
DIY Rebuilt Tranny Pump
Suncoast Torque Converter
2nd Generation Fuel Head
Sears P1 Battery
Hot Diesel Solutions Thermostat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:34 pm 
LOST Addict

I'll get my crd her companion this Thu. Without a gde tune, I would not have bought one.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:33 am 
LOST Junkie

thermorex wrote:
I'll get my crd her companion this Thu. Without a gde tune, I would not have bought one.

Exactly. Once I found out Keith had a stable tune, I went shopping.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:04 pm 
LOST Addict

So I guess gde should get some bonuses from fca, lol... At least 2 trucks sold just because they have gde tune