It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2006 jeep liberty take over payments
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:20 am 
LOST Newbie

Hello,
I have a 2006 liberty crd limited that I need to let go. I love this jeep, but I moved and will be getting a lower paying job so k am cutting costs. My payments are $160 at 3.50%. I owe $9700 actually less. I have another payment going next week so that number will be less. Plus for taking over payments I will either deposit $1000 into the account or give it too you,your choice.

Crd details, 186000 miles. The body is straight, I hit a deer in September. Not much damage, I drove it for a month till I got the deductible available and sent it in. They replaced the front bumper and tpms sensor. I had them fix the rear tire sensor and replace the antenna. I replaced the thermostat this last spring. The alternator in August. It runs awesome and it goes. I replaced the shocks and struts in September. I put brand new tires on it a couple weeks ago. Cooper discovery at/3 235/70r16. The spare is almost a new tire too. I replaced one of the tire pressure monitors on one of the tires in September too.

The jeep does need the glow plugs replaced. I have 4 of them but I have to find the box my kid put them in. I might get them replaced here soon as soon as I can find them.

I will be changing the oil this week. I have been using rotella synthetic oil and it will come with I think 4 gallons. I bought a bunch of it for the jeep.

I love the jeep it gets 26mpg on the freeway and I don't have a tune for it. I just unplugged the airbox sensor for the egr.

The drivers seat is cracked but that is the only blemish in the interior.

Please PM if your interested. The bank is oregon community credit union if you want to check them out. The jeep is currently located in bend oregon. I trailers it here from north Idaho. Oh the timing belt was replaced at 99k.

Thank you

Post subject: Re: 2006 jeep liberty take over payments
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:48 am 
LOST Addict

Commostud wrote:
The jeep does need the glow plugs replaced. I have 4 of them but I have to find the box my kid put them in. I might get them replaced here soon as soon as I can find them.

You've had these glow plugs sitting around for 6+ months? You're clearly a man that likes to take a risk 8) If you've got a CEL on them and they're ceramics I'd get them out ASAP or you risk having to deduct another ~$2k in damage off the value of that vehicle.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:21 pm 
LOST Addict

Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell... But it is really hot here on Earth...
$2k in damage from trashed plugs... Would be on the low end of things. Broken plugs can and have in many cases taken out the entire motor, to the tune of $5000-$8000 to replace with a used engine.

I'm sorry you are so upside-down on the value though, as with that mileage, KBB has the value between $7600 and $6100. Knowing that the timing belt is due again imminently will also hurt the value some. Good luck moving it, I do hope you can find someone to take it off your hands.

Honestly though, that payment amount is amazingly low, and low interest too. Was that a 10 year loan? I can't figure how the terms got it that low.

Email jeep [at] maincomputer [dot] com - BOARD MESSAGING IS BROKEN
Over 125 CRDs currently driving with my timing belt, rockers, or ARP Studs.
Bad noises = REALLY bad things.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:45 pm 
LOST Newbie

Yup a little upside down on the loan. The loan was for 6 years but I added gap insurance to the amount. I have had it for a year and I love the torque. It drives good, fast and nimble. That is with f37 tune.... I will slowly improve it. I just bought the gaskets to replace in the intake and will swap out my glow plugs this week. I am also getting the funds up to buy the timing belt kit and get ready to swap that out. Just have to do the work myself. Jeep stealership quoted me $1400 in parts and labor. But they said I could bring my parts and they will do the labor for $720.

It's a good thing I am mechanically inclined and just have to quit being a wuss and get it done.

Still open to offers to assume the loan. I can work things out with you. Not a problem for me.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:31 pm 
LOST Addict

I dont understand how its that low. My payment is like $250 a month at 1.5% for 65 months.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:07 am 
LOST Newbie

I have a 72 month loan. I have been paying on it for over a year. I still can't believe how this liberty is in such great shape for it being 185k.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:24 am 
LOST Addict

Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell... But it is really hot here on Earth...
I'm still marvelling at that: They sold you for 10 large, and got a bank to write a 72 month loan on a truck that is 9 years old - AND has nearly double the mileage that most Americans (and certainly most banks and all corporations) would be car shopping for a new ride?

Somebody has some killer negotiation skills. I couldn't get near those numbers the last time I was looking.

Email jeep [at] maincomputer [dot] com - BOARD MESSAGING IS BROKEN
Over 125 CRDs currently driving with my timing belt, rockers, or ARP Studs.
Bad noises = REALLY bad things.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:52 am 
LOST Newbie

Yup at the time most of the ones I was finding were in the 9 to 10k. But I have to admit I did not find a lot of crds.

I found a lot of gasser libertys. My brother has liberty renegade. It's a nice liberty. He had to redo the head gaskets because he got it a little hot.