It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Stant thermostat
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:40 pm 
LOST Addict

dirtmover wrote:
TURBO-DIESEL-FREAK wrote:
The study would be time-consuming and expensive to do.

This is relatively minor compared to the time and $$$$$ investment you've put into this product. An expected part of your marketing strategy should be to back up your claims with data. Simple statements such as improved mpg, better cooling and faster heat up don't really cut it.

[b]The third solution - the Hot Diesel Solutions Model 001 direct replacement engine thermostat assembly - has no disadvantages whatsoever

...apart from the price. Granted, you have the best solution. At $100 I'd buy and install one tomorrow. Of course, I know it's worth much more than that. At $200 I'd certainly buy one when my current OE 'stat fails. At $300 I'd seriously consider it if my OE fails in the next 12 months. $500? Sorry, that's just too much.

The fourth solution - continue to use the OE thermostats. I'm curious why you don't even acknowledge this as an option?

Have you asked for the same evidence from Green Diesel Engineering or from Sasquatch Motorsports? Let us be fair here!!

Go to the GDE website and you'll see actual numbers to back up their power/torque claims. These come from dyno testing are actual verified numbers and not just statements such as "improves power and torque". It took user concensus and time to convince me of the MPG gains but the ultimate decider was when my FCV failed and I needed the code cleared to pass emissions. The GDE tune became a no brainer at that point. As far as the Sasquatch intake is concerned it simply falls below the $$ threshold where many don't care.

I can tell you without any hesitation that I don't regret one single cent from the money I paid for the hds thermostat. I understand you may not be willing to spend the money for it and I don't blame you. But should you decide to "take the plunge", I will guarantee you, you won't be disappointed. If you plan on keeping your crd. I run the 190 start and it's perfect. I couldn't wish to have a better thermostat. This, plus the high idle gde tune is the perfect combo.

2005 kj CRD, samco, suncoast tc, provent, Kennedy lift pump, GDE ECO full torque, 2nd gen filter head, 245/70/16 a/t tires, mopar light bar, fumoto oil valve, OEM Skid Plates, ARB Front bumper and HD OME, tru cool LPD47391 40k GVW tranny cooler (stock cooler delete), FF Dynamics e-fan and shroud, rocker arms replaced, HDS2 190F thermostat.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:32 pm 
LOST Newbie

I have one on order for some time now and waiting on it still.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:05 pm 
LOST Member

bentrod wrote:

I had to wait for my HDS as well, very worth the wait, couldn't be happier. With a brand new head, egr delete, ARP studs and HDS I hope to avoid the dreaded dropped exhaust valve 4evr.

10/17 96K, New Head, Injectors, ARP Studs, HDS T-Stat
04/18 99K, New Reman Trans
09/18 104K, Lift Pump
01/19 106K, OME Lift, Eaton TruTrac LSD in new rebuilt diff

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:23 am 
LOST Newbie

bentrod wrote:

+1 on worth the wait.

The difference of available heat in the cabin is worth this upgrade alone. :P

Fumoto F102
ARB bumper
Bilsteins
Michelin Defender LTX 235/70/R16

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6