It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Problems passing Emissions
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:11 pm 
LOST Member

Anyone in Oregon with a GDE tune have trouble passing DEQ? I am going to try the Scappoose test center tomorrow instead of the Hillsboro one and see if that makes a difference..

2006 Liberty CRD 275K, JBA 2.5 with Fox Shocks, GDE Turbo Kit, GDE TCM Tune, Suncoast TC, OEM fuel filter housing converted to fit Caterpillar Fuel Filter 1R-0749, OEM themostat housing modified to accept Hemi 203 F thermostat.

Post subject: Re: Problems passing Emissions
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:27 am 
LOST Member

SargeIndustries wrote:
Anyone in Oregon with a GDE tune have trouble passing DEQ? I am going to try the Scappoose test center tomorrow instead of the Hillsboro one and see if that makes a difference..

I don't have to have mine tested here in Arizona, but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Federal Regulations have tightened since the VW scandal and shops are scrutinizing more over NOx levels in the exhaust. GDE essentially eliminates the EGR system which means your NOx levels are going to be higher, period. If you have the tuner, you may try switching back to your old tune for the test, then back to the GDE afterward. If you do not have the tuner, get ahold of Kieth at GDE and see what they can do for you. He may be able to rent you one loaded with your existing tune and an original to be able to switch them out. Good luck!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:29 pm 
LOST Member

I ordered a reflash tool from GDE. Should be here early next week. Then I just need to email my tune to GDE so they can update it so I can pass.

2006 Liberty CRD 275K, JBA 2.5 with Fox Shocks, GDE Turbo Kit, GDE TCM Tune, Suncoast TC, OEM fuel filter housing converted to fit Caterpillar Fuel Filter 1R-0749, OEM themostat housing modified to accept Hemi 203 F thermostat.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:42 pm 
LOST Addict

So GDE is going to write a new tune for you so you can pass?
Thats awesome!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:53 pm 
LOST Member

I think it is just an updated for the current tune I have. I bought mine back in 2011 and I believe it has since then been updated. People buying tune now probably would not have had the issue I am having.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:37 am 
LOST Addict

What parameter is your jeep failing?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:40 am 
LOST Member

Egr. No check engine light but apparently there test equipment is picking it up. Should have it sorted out next week with an updated tune.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:53 pm 
LOST Member

OEM filter housing converted to fit Caterpillar Fuel Filter < how you do this ?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:50 pm 
LOST Member

I used a hydraulic fitting with the correct thread for CAT filter and I bored and tapped it to fit the stock thread of the OEM housing. Had to machine the hex off of the hydraulic fitting as well. Essentially I just stepped up to the thread size for CAT filter.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:18 pm 
LOST Member

Just passed DEQ emissions testing. Thanks GDE for updating my tune!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:13 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

GDE does magic, got mine to pass where other wise I would have needed to buy a new ECU. Problem was the ECU thought I had a standard instead of a slush box. I only wish it was right?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:53 pm 
LOST Addict

flman wrote:
GDE does magic, got mine to pass where other wise I would have needed to buy a new ECU. Problem was the ECU thought I had a standard instead of a slush box. I only wish it was right?

P0610 vehicle options error?

Ya I got that too, nice to have it deleted, and now the black tape is off the CEL.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:03 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Sir Sam wrote:
flman wrote:

P0610 vehicle options error?

Ya I got that too, nice to have it deleted, and now the black tape is off the CEL.

Right, that is the number the old P0610 error code. Vehicle passes with flying colors now. :JEEPIN:

BTW, mine came with the CEL turned permanently off, do not know if I have codes unless I scan it. I usually do this a week or 2 before inspection.