It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: CRD Timing Belt Kits & Everything Else @ IDParts.com
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:31 pm 
LOST Member

After being a VW TDI owner and diesel enthusiast for years, I purchased my Liberty Limited CRD in 2005 and immediately joined LostJeeps. I started researching solutions for some of the common-problems that my Jeep had, got a GDE tune, installed a lift pump, Euro torque converter, silicone hoses and more. I've been working to source all these hard to find items for our rare and unique trucks and make them affordable. Today, IDParts stocks nearly 300 products specially for the 2.8L CRD, and often at a fraction of the price of OE or other stores.

Our Timing Belt Kit (Liberty CRD) includes OE Gates belts, OE rollers, tensioner and a metal version water pump which is more durable that we import from the European market.

IDParts Jeep CRD Timing Belt Kit

Need tools? We sourced our own components specifically based off our own experience with these engines, complete with pins, dual cam sprocket lock and counter-hold tool. ** 2017 Upgrades include a one-piece forged tensioner wrench **
IDParts Jeep CRD Timing Belt Tool Set

*NEW* SAMCO Hose Kits at a lower price! SAMCO simply makes the best quality silicone hoses in the world.
Made in the UK, unlike Chinese-made competitors, with thicker walls and inner oil barriers to prevent oil vapors from soaking the hose material! Silicone Intake Hose Kit for the Liberty CRD. ** Now available in BLUE!! **
IDParts Jeep CRD Silicone Intake Hose Kit

The OE Ceramic Style Glow Plugs were prone to breaking off into the engine. Chrysler did a half-recall on them, replacing some CRD glow plugs with 5V units. They also discontinued the 7V Ceramic units. If your CRD has 7V ceramic programming, your best option are the 7V dual-filament steel plugs from ETecno. We have 7-Volt & 5-Volt Etecno available ** We now recommend purchasing 5V plugs even on cars with 7v programming! **

Etecno 7V Glow Plugs for Liberty CRD at IDParts.com

Need new brakes? We import rotors from Brazil that are made with virgin iron ore rather than reused metals and have a higher carbon content - meaning they cool down faster and resist warping better than traditional rotors. Pair them with Halter Ceramic brake pads for quiet, dust-free braking. We have front brake sets and rear brake sets for Liberty CRD.

Our other best selling items for the CRD include:

LostJeeps.com has been an invaluable resource for me over the years, and we're proud to be a supporting vendor here now. If you have any product questions you can reach me via e-mail, sales@idparts.com, or PM me here!

Last edited by cevans on Wed May 23, 2018 3:09 pm, edited 31 times in total.

Post subject: Re: CRD Timing Belt Kits & Everything Else @ IDParts.com
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:32 pm 
LOST Junkie

you guys at ID parts are like a family . glad to have you to help people like us trying to keep our tdi or crd . good job and thank you , we know the dealers are no help , but i did come across a good guy like you , and he is a parts manager at one of jeep dealers and he save me a lot of $$$ , i needed a clock spring, guess what it was almost 1000$ CDN at canadian jeep dealers ? anyways love your service, just put in TB WP , frost heater in my 04 jetta tdi BEW with 370km all original clutch suspension looks and drives like new , (ONLY MAJOR REPAIR ) was electric engine fan and alternator decoupler pulley, i don, t know what is wrong with this car , but it is just like the energizer bunny , oh and egr cooler bracket was missing DEALER tech didn't put it back after a recall. LOL broke my flex tube to exhaust manifold . no problem is just a dealer think nobody would understand .

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:08 am 
LOST Addict

Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell... But it is really hot here on Earth...
Funny enough, just yesterday evening I discovered a part that it appears you don't carry - the Cam position sensor for the CRD.

But you gents are amazing, I can honestly say that I do not and would not own a vehicle that most of the parts were sold elsewhere than IDparts!
I own a CRD and a TDI, and anything I need - you have. Keep doing what you do, you are great at it.

Email jeep [at] maincomputer [dot] com - BOARD MESSAGING IS BROKEN
Over 125 CRDs currently driving with my timing belt, rockers, or ARP Studs.
Bad noises = REALLY bad things.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:54 am 
LOST Member

I rebuilt my CRD engine with parts from IDParts. From a new head, to the liners and pistons, and beyond. Great resource for our little jeeps, and i get parts in 1 day! haha Thanks again guys!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:59 am 
LOST Junkie

I'm in England, and I have been very impressed with both the service and the inventory of your company. I actually bought my water pump(which will go on at the next belt change) from you, as I couldn't get it anywhere else!

Keep up the good work!

Light Khaki 2.8CRD: TJM alloy bumper; Skid Row &Asfir skids;ext. breathers; SAMCO hoses; Grabber At3 235/70/16; Fumoto; Euro TC; Odyssey PC1500;GDE FTEcotune; OME lift; lightforce driving lights;ARB diff cover;nylon fan+Hayden2905;ss vortex exhaust; Airflow snorkel; Frontrunner roofrack; rock rails

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:39 pm 
LOST Member

Thanks everyone.

Geordi - Cam Position Sensor for Liberty CRD here: http://www.idparts.com/camshaft-positio ... -5260.html

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:54 pm 
LOST Member

Three thumbs up for these guys, I received a damaged part with my order, it would be impossible to know exactly when it was damaged, but based on the packaging it most likely happened when ups carefully placed the package by tossing it across the room....wait....no....ups treats every package with kid gloves. IDparts shipped a replacement the following business day same shipping method I originally selected. Thanks again!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:55 pm 
LOST Member

Black Friday sale posted! Price good all week!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:03 pm 
LOST Member

We *FINALLY* have our own CRD Timing Belt Tool Set

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:47 am 
LOST Member

cevans wrote:
We *FINALLY* have our own [url=http://www.idparts.com/timing-belt-tools-liberty-crd-p-6235.html]CRD Timing Belt Tool

Another welcome addition.

.....But not sure why you packaged that crappy dual cam tool along with the counter hold tool? I can see the dual cam tool giving some a warm and fuzzy feeling but it's really the counter hold tool that's doing all the work. If someone tries to use that dual cam tool on its own they'll likely end up in trouble so why not just skip the temptation and unnecessary cost and remove that tool altogether?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:47 pm 
LOST Member

Ceearedeedriver wrote:
cevans wrote:
We *FINALLY* have our own [url=http://www.idparts.com/timing-belt-tools-liberty-crd-p-6235.html]CRD Timing Belt Tool

Another welcome addition.

.....But not sure why you packaged that crappy dual cam tool along with the counter hold tool? I can see the dual cam tool giving some a warm and fuzzy feeling but it's really the counter hold tool that's doing all the work. If someone tries to use that dual cam tool on its own they'll likely end up in trouble so why not just skip the temptation and unnecessary cost and remove that tool altogether?

I myself recommend doubling up. Even using the counterhold tool it is possible to nudge the sprocket when you are torquing it. I've been using this type lock tool as an extra insurance policy to be sure that *I* don't mess up when getting the final torques.

There are lots of ways to "get by" a timing belt job, but, this kit was made so you don't have to!

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 3:09 pm 
LOST Member

Images fixed! Thanks everyone!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:27 pm 
LOST Member

Has anyone else had trouble installing their timing belt? Mine was so tight I had to remove a cam sprocket to get it on. I had the tensioner backed off all the way I think...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:18 am 
LOST Member

DieselJeepLuvr wrote:
Has anyone else had trouble installing their timing belt? Mine was so tight I had to remove a cam sprocket to get it on. I had the tensioner backed off all the way I think...

Every belt is the exact same length. You want to get the belt over all the components except the tensioner. If you have even one tooth of slop in between any of the parts you won't be able to get the belt over the tensioner. Thats by design as having an extra tooth somewhere will ruin the timing.