It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Just wanted to say thanks!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:43 pm 
LOST Newbie

Well I got my list done about 3 weeks ago. I have just been super busy with House and Gym work(remodel). This board was amazing on helping me with he little things and all the knowledge that is here to read up on. Glad I got the GDE tune and sasquatch parts it was a little dirty.

I especially want to say thanks to Turbo Diesel Freak for saving me when I needed spare used thermostat cores when I broke mine. With help from a coworker I have got mine together. He was very helpful with MARK KAPALCZYNSKI'S designs. Thanks again!

Now back to the Samurai before I put more money into the jeep.

Post subject: Re: Just wanted to say thanks!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:27 pm 
LOST Addict

You are definitely welcome, whiteninja1. :mrgreen:

I am trying to get my customers to send me O.E. thermostat cores so that you can do more of Mark's design for CRD owners who can not afford a Model 001.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:23 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

TURBO-DIESEL-FREAK wrote:

I am trying to get my customers to send me O.E. thermostat cores so that you can do more of Mark's design for CRD owners who can not afford a Model 001.

Did not know this, I should have a second one, once you get my second 001 housing shipped and I get it installed.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:28 pm 
LOST Addict

flman wrote:
TURBO-DIESEL-FREAK wrote:

Did not know this, I should have a second one, once you get my second 001 housing shipped and I get it installed.

My quest for acquisition of customers' old O.E. thermostat assemblies for whiteninja1 materialized only recently. I do not know how many of the Kia Sephia caps he can acquire, but I am willing to help him get a few of the Mark Kapalczynski modified O.E. thermostats made if he can get the caps.

How about it, whiteninja1; how many Kia Sephia caps can you get?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:25 am 
LOST Member

whiteninja1 wrote:
Well I got my list done about 3 weeks ago. I have just been super busy with House and Gym work(remodel). This board was amazing on helping me with he little things and all the knowledge that is here to read up on. Glad I got the GDE tune and sasquatch parts it was a little dirty.

I especially want to say thanks to Turbo Diesel Freak for saving me when I needed spare used thermostat cores when I broke mine. With help from a coworker I have got mine together. He was very helpful with MARK KAPALCZYNSKI'S designs. Thanks again!

I'm about to tackle this myself over this weekend.

Any tips on how to remove the elbow especially the bolts underneath?

Cheers

Chris

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:59 am 
LOST Addict

-undrgnd I just used 1/4 drive set with two 3-4" extensions, but if you had some of those flex extensions, and MAYBE a wobble socket, that would probably help. Ask Geordi if you want the easiest route.

05 CRD: H.D.S2 stat,WW Ironrock trilink&LCA's, OX rear,ARB front, 4.10's, ARB bumper, Suncoast,OME 3.5, JBA UCA,rock rails, Moabs&265/75 Duratracs, GDE tunes ,FFD fan,ARP's, 2 micron fuel, new valves,sasquatch battery tray & grid heater, tensioner relocated
Mech fan, VH & AC delete

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:22 pm 
LOST Newbie

undrgnd wrote:
whiteninja1 wrote:

I'm about to tackle this myself over this weekend.

Any tips on how to remove the elbow especially the bolts underneath?

Cheers

Chris

I just used a deep socket, a little extension, and a lot of patience. I have a lot more trouble with the darn EGR coming out then I did that elbow. Good luck just take your time.

Turbo-Diesel-Freak

I am currently trying to find someone else to machine. The tops are not the issue. The guy I was having do the machining does not have time and is spending most his time in Alaska right now for work.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:54 am 
LOST Member

Thanks all for the info. Saved the info as I am not doing this for a while now. Thanks again

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:33 pm 
LOST Addict

Look in the crd tech forum at the rocker walkthrough, papaindigo graciously sent me a word doc with the walkthrough with pics, I linked it in the top of the first post. There are some pics there on how I removed the elbow.

2005 kj CRD, samco, suncoast tc, provent, Kennedy lift pump, GDE ECO full torque, 2nd gen filter head, 245/70/16 a/t tires, mopar light bar, fumoto oil valve, OEM Skid Plates, ARB Front bumper and HD OME, tru cool LPD47391 40k GVW tranny cooler (stock cooler delete), FF Dynamics e-fan and shroud, rocker arms replaced, HDS2 190F thermostat.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:54 am 
LOST Member

thermorex wrote:
Look in the crd tech forum at the rocker walkthrough, papaindigo graciously sent me a word doc with the walkthrough with pics, I linked it in the top of the first post. There are some pics there on how I removed the elbow.

Edit...I purchased a flex extender!!!

Thanks thermorex. Its an awesome guide. I will save the doc so I can do the install later this year.

In the meantime I purchased liqui moly diesel intake carb cleaner to spray and clean. I have taken the afm out to stop the egr.

Quick question, it says to spray preferably in front of the egr valve. Is this the location (pic below)

Thanks heaps.

Cheers

Chris

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:51 am 

undrgnd wrote:
In the meantime I purchased liqui moly diesel intake carb cleaner to spray and clean. I have taken the afm out to stop the egr.
Quick question, it says to spray preferably in front of the egr valve. Is this the location (pic below)
Thanks heaps.
Cheers
Chris

Yes, that is the correct location, be sure and follow instructions exactly...
And if anyone wants a can of the Liqui Moly Diesel Intake System Cleaner, our friends at ID Parts has them available at a good price. I just ordered a can to try; it is made just for cleaning diesel intakes.... :D

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:08 am 
LOST Member

Thanks wwdiesel. I did the work today.

Pulled all the hoses out from turbo side and inlet side. Gave them a real good clean. Did the liqui moly, about 1/2 a can. Hard to tell if it did anything. Engine reved up a little but other than that it was a simple process.

A quick question: Why would there be soot on the bottom front of my turbo housing and the same place on the bottom of the pipe that goes from the airbox to the turbo??