It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Junkyard CRD found
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:02 pm 
LOST Member

I went to Weller self serve in Grand Rapids, Michigan (http://www.wellerselfserve.com/). There is a complete drive train in the liberty as of this afternoon. No dash on truck Mileage unknown. Vin # printed on tag is: 1J4GL48545W600726. it was crashed lightly and has a ripped passenger side steering knuckle and half shaft. Window has bad engine scrawled on it though. Has radiator and CAC intercooler still in it. Not enthusiast vehicle most likely. Original turbo hoses, fuel filter head. Engine computer wash inside on passenger floor. I grabbed the Transmission computer while I was there. Now going to GDE this Thursday.

Post subject: Re: Junkyard CRD found
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:17 am 
LOST Junkie

Go ask them if you can buy the whole thing

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:29 am 
LOST Member

Only if I had enough confirmed parts buyers. They have their menu board in the entrance for prices. Approx. 600 for engine with core charge. I think they would want too much for it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:53 am 
LOST Junkie

darn, didn't know if you could offer an amount before they realized what they had

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:08 pm 
LOST Addict

Would you be able to snag the CAC for a reasonable price?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:25 pm 
LOST Addict

mass-hole wrote:
Would you be able to snag the CAC for a reasonable price?

If it doesn't already have a big black sooty spot on it? :banghead:

05 CRD: H.D.S2 stat,WW Ironrock trilink&LCA's, OX rear,ARB front, 4.10's, ARB bumper, Suncoast,OME 3.5, JBA UCA,rock rails, Moabs&265/75 Duratracs, GDE tunes ,FFD fan,ARP's, 2 micron fuel, new valves,sasquatch battery tray & grid heater, tensioner relocated
Mech fan, VH & AC delete

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:58 am 
LOST Member

Two things Weller will sell what is currently left of the Jeep for 1200 as of thursday.

The TCM might be a unicorn pre F37. Put it in my Jeep and shifts to overdrive around 59mph.

Update: Programmed a 02 gas liberty TCM at GDE on Friday. Bought both full torque eco tune and TCM tune. Sold the TCM to my friend for his 06 limited.

Last edited by dennyb on Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:22 pm 
LOST Addict

Probably just bad rockers. If it's not seized, or rotates smoothly it's probably a good deal if someone wants to part one. Especially if the turbo is nice and tight :2cents:

05 CRD: H.D.S2 stat,WW Ironrock trilink&LCA's, OX rear,ARB front, 4.10's, ARB bumper, Suncoast,OME 3.5, JBA UCA,rock rails, Moabs&265/75 Duratracs, GDE tunes ,FFD fan,ARP's, 2 micron fuel, new valves,sasquatch battery tray & grid heater, tensioner relocated
Mech fan, VH & AC delete

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:14 pm 
LOST Member

Will grab cooler and radiator tomorrow. Maybe turbo if easy. In Wixom Mi this noon on my pilmagridge to GDE.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:33 pm 
LOST Addict

If I was you I'd grab the injectors, and if none of them have smashed tips, I'd snag the head also (if $300 or less). Someone will buy it from you if you don't want it.
I'd buy the rockers from you if they are tight, however unlikely. Some of the time I see a few wasted rockers, and the rest are ok.

Mech fan, VH & AC delete