It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Possible Future CRD Owner Question
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:17 pm 
LOST Junkie

well mine is not a daily vehicle but i like it because it is a special car . mine is in the garage and very good condition . daily car is 04 jetta tdi 5 speed all original , with 360 km so crd need to do some catching up because its got only 188000km with updates.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:01 pm 
LOST Newbie

*Update* I've been lurking around since i posted this, reading up on all the topics since then to get a better understanding of it all. since the VW/Audi scandal appears to be wrapping up this tuesday and that ill get a good chunk of change out of it, ive been looking at the CRD's being listed around me. (houston)

there is one a bit away that is priced perfectly, but sounds like it needs work. it has close to 110k on it and says "runs and drives but has little power, needs injectors" i tried texting the person to find out more details but havent heard back yet. from my little knowledge ive gained from the forums and the terminology being thrown around on these vehicles. i would guess its in limp mode? not really sure how to tell if it is or isnt, but i have a hard time believing the injectors are bad, they dont sound like a part that commonly fails, but if they are bad are expensive to replace.

if i had to guess it could be air in the fuel lines and maybe a dirty map sensor? somethings i should be able to fix before driving back to houston (hopefully?) if/when i do go look at it i wont be buying it that day, but when test driving it would go and pull all the codes to see what im getting into. if i did get it, the list of things id do asap would be:
Timing Belt Kit
ARP Studs
GDE Tune or Self Tune
Weeks Stage 1 Kit
Weeks Stage 2 Kit
Glow Plugs
Intercooler Hose Kit
In Tank Lift Pump
In Tank Lift Pump Wiring Harness

maybe the guys from shop sasquatch would throw me a bone for such a big order :)

Anyway, What would you guys look for on the first look over? anyone in houston with a well running CRD i could meet up with this weekend and ride around and get familiar with some things to look at? What does that short description sound like to you?

Thanks again!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:45 pm 
LOST Newbie

Keasbey,

I have an 05 that I'm going to be putting up for sale shortly. I'm located in the Shreveport, LA area. I sent you an email about it with more details. Let me know if you are interested in hearing more.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:51 pm 
LOST Junkie

tvince0913 wrote:
Keasbey,

I have an 05 that I'm going to be putting up for sale shortly. I'm located in the Shreveport, LA area. I sent you an email about it with more details. Let me know if you are interested in hearing more.

Tvince, I sent you a pm, did you get it?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:54 pm 
LOST Junkie

Keasbey wrote:
*Update* I've been lurking around since i posted this, reading up on all the topics since then to get a better understanding of it all. since the VW/Audi scandal appears to be wrapping up this tuesday and that ill get a good chunk of change out of it, ive been looking at the CRD's being listed around me. (houston)

there is one a bit away that is priced perfectly, but sounds like it needs work. it has close to 110k on it and says "runs and drives but has little power, needs injectors" i tried texting the person to find out more details but havent heard back yet. from my little knowledge ive gained from the forums and the terminology being thrown around on these vehicles. i would guess its in limp mode? not really sure how to tell if it is or isnt, but i have a hard time believing the injectors are bad, they dont sound like a part that commonly fails, but if they are bad are expensive to replace.

if i had to guess it could be air in the fuel lines and maybe a dirty map sensor? somethings i should be able to fix before driving back to houston (hopefully?) if/when i do go look at it i wont be buying it that day, but when test driving it would go and pull all the codes to see what im getting into. if i did get it, the list of things id do asap would be:
Timing Belt Kit
ARP Studs
GDE Tune or Self Tune
Weeks Stage 1 Kit
Weeks Stage 2 Kit
Glow Plugs
Intercooler Hose Kit
In Tank Lift Pump
In Tank Lift Pump Wiring Harness

maybe the guys from shop sasquatch would throw me a bone for such a big order :)

Anyway, What would you guys look for on the first look over? anyone in houston with a well running CRD i could meet up with this weekend and ride around and get familiar with some things to look at? What does that short description sound like to you?

Thanks again!

Is that the one in Baton Rouge? If I had to guess that one needs rockers or something turbo related. I find it hard to believe an injector issue at 102k unless they dumped sand in the fuel tank or something along those lines

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:11 am 
LOST Newbie

yeah, it is. any thoughts or opinions on it? things youd look for or keep away from it at all costs?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:36 pm 
LOST Junkie

Well, buying fixer uppers has kinda been my thing lately. If you don't have much experience with these crds I'd stay away from one that already has problems. But then again, to me, something doesn't add up in description and what is wrong with it. The guy finally did reply to one of my text and said to "call please, I don't text"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:36 pm 
LOST Newbie

yeah, i just called him. theres no info on it other than whats listed. he bought it as a lot buy with a bunch of other vehicles, took it to his mechanic, that does not work on diesels, who said he thought it was an injector problem. he bought it and hasnt driven it. very difficult guy to talk with and did not want to sit on the phone at all. says its a clean title and he hung up pretty quickly after i mentioned swinging by to look at it, so i didnt get to find out about the check engine light or any codes being thrown. im going to try and get out there tmr, but he leave by 530, so id be cutting it close.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:05 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hello LOST! Long time listener, first time caller...

If you would like to see photos and more information please email me at: mnett77 at gmail dot com.

I will be selling my white 2006 CRD Liberty Limited very soon. Currently has 98,xxx miles, pwr locks & windows, cloth seats, cold a/c, defrost. Everything works great and it's in overall good condition. I just changed the oil with Mobile 1, fuel filter, serviced the K&N air filter. I've owned it for the past 2 years and have completed all of the necessary maintenance to ensure longevity.
Timing belt
ARP head bolts
water pump
thermostat
alternator pulley
serpentine belt
turbo
Samco hoses
brakes/hoses front and rear
u-joints
transmission mount
front struts and springs
lower control arm bushings
rear control arms
shocks
upper (boomerang)
Provent
Green Diesel Eco tune

This was my second '06 KJ CRD. I sold the first one and missed it so much that I bought another. Please let me know if you have any additional questions or are interested.

PM me and I'll send photos.

I'm located in Clarksville TN, but currently in lower Alabama.

I'll also be selling my '08 Grand Cherokee CRD, Overland with 79,xxx mi.

- Samco Hoses / K&N Filter
'08 WK Overland 3.0 CRD
- 1.5" Level kit, Spider trax
- 265/60/18" BFG ATs

Last edited by 06Rattler on Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:23 am 
LOST Newbie

06Rattler, PM sent regarding your '08 Grand Cherokee CRD.

151K mi. 04/19
F37 w/no shudder
2nd gen filter head
SAMCO Silicone Turbo Hoses
Airtex E7181M Lift pump/Sasquatch plug-and-play harness
https://shop.sasquatchparts.com/
MANN ProVent 200
Weeks stage 1&2
GDE ECO Tune by Green Diesel Engineering
OME 2" lift/Bilstein shocks
IRO rear UCA w/WWDiesel Bracket