It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ANY CRD OWNERS LOOKING FOR NEW GENIUNE WEBASTO HEATERS?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:41 pm 
LOST Addict

Hello, all CRD owners!

I just had an opportunity drop in my lap a couple of days ago. A fellow who has previously supplied me with 4 brand new, in-the-box genuine Webasto TSL 17 diesel fired engine heaters called me up and says he can send me 10 more of them.

He previously sent me my 4 TSL17s with no up-front payment, and gave me an opportunity to check them out to see if they were genuine Webastos and that they were not stolen. I was skeptical at first, but checked the serial numbers through Webasto North America, and also checked with a local Webasto Dealer that all of the parts necessary from proper mounting are in the box. They are complete units, they are genuine Webasto TSL17s, and they are not stolen goods. So I happily paid for them. :BANANA:

My supplier is prepared to send me another 10 units for my inspection before payment, just like before. However, I am not going to pull the trigger on this deal without some assurances that some of you want one, and are prepared to pay for one so that I am not hanging on to thousands in inventory for months on end.

I do not expect those of you living in hot climates will want one of these, but that said a TSL 17 will get your engine up to 170 degrees without running the engine within about 30 minutes. This is like starting your engine under the best possible circumstances, and will absolutely eliminate any required warm-up time for your diesel engine. You will save fuel and prolong the life of your engine with a diesel fired engine heater... it is proven technology that has been used by hundreds of thousands of commercial diesel vehicles around the world for many years now. The TSL17 was the heater I used in the Mack tractor I drove hauling pipe to Northern Alberta in the dead of winter; it got a 3000 lb + engine block to start like it was summer time in minus 25 degree Celsius weather.

Those of you living in cold climates will really appreciate what one of these will do for you... with 17,000 BTUs of heat available to warm up your coolant, (5.2 KW), a TSL17 will have 12.5 times the power of your wimpy block heater. This is enough energy to warm up your CRD engine in - 50 degree Celsius weather... you can even use it for supplementary heat when driving in Arctic conditions. One of my Model 001 customers is already installing one he purchased on his own in his CRD so he can use it for hunting in Colorado.

Any CRD Members on LOSTJEEPs interested in this?

Post subject: Re: ANY CRD OWNERS LOOKING FOR NEW GENIUNE WEBASTO HEATERS?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:59 pm 
LOST Addict

Jeff, it always comes to $$$... Lol. How much per unit?

2005 kj CRD, samco, suncoast tc, provent, Kennedy lift pump, GDE ECO full torque, 2nd gen filter head, 245/70/16 a/t tires, mopar light bar, fumoto oil valve, OEM Skid Plates, ARB Front bumper and HD OME, tru cool LPD47391 40k GVW tranny cooler (stock cooler delete), FF Dynamics e-fan and shroud, rocker arms replaced, HDS2 190F thermostat.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:16 pm 
LOST Addict

thermorex wrote:
Jeff, it always comes to $$$... Lol. How much per unit?

I will match the best E-bay price on exactly the same item; This means a brand new, in-the-box genuine TSL17.

I may still be able to offer a further discount on a package deal with a Model 001. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:50 pm 
LOST Member

These are being dumped by several vendors on ebay. Cheapest I see is $495 shipped.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/301970289405?ss ... Track=true

JBA 4" lift, IRO Tri-link w/ wwdiesel bracket, JBA sliders, 235/85-16 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, Mercedes Benz forged ultralight wheels, Weeks stage 1 and 2, Weeks lift pump and harness, Weeks battery tray and AGM battery, GDE tune, Suncoast TC, updated front pump, HDS 001 T-stat, ARP studs, Front and rear Detroit/Eaton Truetrac LSD.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:58 am 
LOST Addict

Dent wrote:
These are being dumped by several vendors on ebay. Cheapest I see is $495 shipped.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/301970289405?ss ... Track=true

I am fairly certain I can match this price.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:18 pm 
LOST Newbie

I would consider it. Here on Ontario, winters suck. When do you need a firm up.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:47 pm 
LOST Addict

The Scott McLean wrote:
I would consider it. Here on Ontario, winters suck. When do you need a firm up.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I pulled the trigger on purchasing 12 Webastos because I already have 7 people committed. If you want one, I would suggest you make the decision soon.

I may be able to get more of them, but I am uncertain about this.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:31 pm 
LOST Addict

O.K.... I just received my shipment of brand new Webasto TSL17 heaters!!!

I opened and checked EVERY box, and confirmed that they are indeed genuine Webastos and that the parts are all there. I also personally checked that these units run on diesel fuel and are powered by a 12 volt DC electrical current.

I even checked the serial numbers with a customer service representative at Webasto Product North America, Inc.; they gave me assurances that every unit in my shipment is indeed a genuine Webasto and that there are no recalls on any of them. They also checked to see if they were stolen; I was also given assurances that they were indeed not stolen. They even double-checked for me that they were diesel fired units that run on 12 volt electricity.

So far, I have commitments to purchase 7 out of the 12 TSL17s in this shipment. Here is my deal for CRD owners... $495.00 USD plus shipping for a new TSL17 with all of the parts necessary for proper installation. As part of a cold weather package for the CRD, I can add a Hot Diesel Solutions Model 001 engine thermostat assembly for a package price of $975.00 USD, including shipping costs.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:34 am 
LOST Addict

The following is a link to my other thread on this outstanding product...

viewtopic.php?f=169&t=83942&p=893974#p893974