It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Replacement map sensor plug with tails
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:38 am 
LOST Member

Hello All,
While testing the map sensor, Ron found that sometimes a signal was coming through and other times it was not. He is thinking the wires into the plug are damaged. [b]We are thinking of replacing the map sensor plug with a repair plug with tails.....Any one know where I can get one. Tried the dealer in Rochester but without a part number they were lost.[/b]

Just tried and internet search and there are lots of plugs out there...will make a few call when people open.

Just replaced the turbo, map sensor and drive shaft sensor. I have never been able to get the cell light off for more than the inspection no matter what we do. Always throw the standard codes for map sensor and egr valve and so forth. My mechanic (Macedon Auto Center, Macedon, NY) is on our list and does what he can to keep me running.

I run in limp mode for sometimes 10 minutes then the turbo kicks in and she runs fine. I cannot get the engine up above 3000 rpms without turbo running,,,,it is as if there is a governor attached to it.

PS....Ron was thinking a new harness wouldn't hurt...anyone know source and cost off hand. I will check with the dealer later today.

I reread responses from a year ago regarding the high use that I put her through...I am selling my business and the new owner does not want the jeep (no surprise) I may give it to her to use as an off road vehicle for small parking lot plowing (pretty small but would cost $2500 per year here in Rochester for plowing). You folk have been such a great help over the years!

2005 Liberty Sport Stone White
SAMCO Hoses
Provent
HHO System
In-line thermo
'95 Moto Guzzi California 1100

I learn more from my struggles than that which comes easy......

Post subject: Re: Replacement map sensor plug with tails
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:07 pm 
LOST Member

For some reason I thought that wiring pigtails were available, but I'm not seeing anything like that listed in the parts catalog. There is a section "Wiring, Repair Package" that says, "For Electrical Connector Repair Information visit the World Wide Web at http://dto.vftis.com/mopar/disclaimer.asp", but that URL isn't loading for me. Edit: You might try this site: http://connectors.dcctools.com/home.htm

I'm not even finding that connector in the 2005 service manual, but the 2006 service manual (page 8W-30-22) says:

Sensor - Intake Air Temperature/Intake Temperature | pin 2
Brown/White - IAT Sensor Signal
Module - Engine Control | C1 pin 34

Sensor - Intake Air Temperature/Intake Temperature | pin 1
Gray/Brown - Sensor Ground
Module - Engine Control | C1 pin 83

Sensor - Intake Air Temperature/Intake Temperature | pin 4
Brown/Orange - Intake Pressure Sensor Signal
Module - Engine Control | C1 pin 63

Sensor - Intake Air Temperature/Intake Temperature | pin 3
Brown/Yellow - Intake Pressure 5 Volt Supply
Module - Engine Control | C1 pin 60

I'd check continuity from the sensor's connector to the PCM's connector C1 while wiggling different areas of the wiring harness to check for breaks in the wiring.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:40 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

MAP (manifold absolute pressure - called air temperature/boost pressure sensor in parts manual) sensor comes in a variety of "flavors" that provide options on finding a plug/pigtail

DCJ old PN# 5140331AA new PN# 68031593AA crosses to a Bosch 0 281 002 437
A better and much cheaper alternative is BOSCH PN# is 0 281 002 845 or GM PN# 55206797

All of these take the same plug so if DCJ cannot help try a Bosch supplier or GM; IIRC various GM pigtails cost about $10. Also this is the type of weird thing Dorman might supply via a good parts store but you would need to take the sensor in to match plugs.

Sold to LOST member my 05 Ltd, GDE Stg II turbo + TCM tune, SunCoast TC w. Transgo kit, Steiger window regulators, Samcos, Fumoto valve, 2nd gen filter head with Lub. Spec. bleeder, Hayden clutch & 11 blade fan, inverted spare, P-1 battery, BF Goodrich Long Trail TAs, Etecno1 glow plugs, timing belt at 50K miles/8 yrs

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:49 pm 
LOST Member

Not much luck finding a nipple with wires for the MAP sensor except for a dealer kit that cost $70.00. NAPA thinks they could match a generic nipple with the MAP sensor if I could identify another vehicle that uses the Bosch 0 281 002 437 MAP sensor but I have to have the vehicle and year for them to cross match it.

Anyone have direct information to solve this dilemma. Otherwise....I spend the $70.00...rats.

2005 Liberty Sport Stone White
SAMCO Hoses
Provent
HHO System
In-line thermo
'95 Moto Guzzi California 1100

I learn more from my struggles than that which comes easy......

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:01 pm 
LOST Addict

Look for Ac delco PT1863.

Unfortunately it probably gonna be about $70 :banghead:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:41 pm 
LOST Addict

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=98&t=85178

Here are a list of map sensors that are the same form factor/fitment as our stock one. There are others that are lower pressure as well but I didnt look for those. The GM unit(#2 on the list) is from the Pontiac Solstice GXP/Saturn Sky Redline 2.0L turbo upgrade kit GM released so you can try referencing that with Napa. Their factory MAP sensor may be the same style as well, just a 2.5 bar unit instead.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:56 pm 

This one was a tough one, but I finally found it!!!! :BANANA:
Bosch Part No. for the MAP connector:
Bosch pigtail part number 1928403736

Available at these locations:
http://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/product_info.php/products_id/1626 $25

Some on ebay (outside of US) for less than 15 bucks with shipping:>http://www.ebay.com/itm/BOSCH-Connector-Housing-Plug-1928403736-/161937944769?hash=item25b440f0c1:g:KqcAAOSwZG9Wi377&vxp=mtr

Plug ONLY, no wires: https://nexelec.com/1-928-403-736/ $2.95
There may be more, just do a search for Bosch 1928403736 :google:

4 Prong Plug Pigtail Image with wires:

BOSCH 0 281 002 845 Connection:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

Last edited by WWDiesel on Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:06 pm 
LOST Member

Go to a heavy equipment dealership, talk to service manager, give him sensor.

There are only a handfull of major connector manufactures (tyco, deutsch, metri-pac etc)
I recommend a shop that has bobcat and or john deere
Both bobcat and deere dealers are required to have some oem repair kits that include connectors, pins, and crimping tools etc.

If you ask them to make you the correct connector and are prepared to pay for the labor, you can then solder the wiring into your harness, or take them your vehicle and be ready to pay, and be refused. (none of us want to work on your car)

If i were near my shop i would look up the correct part number, but i am not.

I cant imagine that the jeep dealer does not have the correct connectors and crimping tools.